Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Camo colour combinations, your thoughts?

:

General

Old September 23rd, 2018, 22:05   #1
Chubby

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby
Camo colour combinations, your thoughts?

Hey folks

So over the years we've all seen the lot of us and those in the professional world (soldiers, cops etc.) wearing different camo colours; some unique to professionals of those varying professions and others unique to the teams we play on as well as the individual with the latter of the aforementioned being available to personal preference.

So with that being said, what are your favourite camo colour combinations? Do you prefer mixing single colours (like OD BDU w/tan kit), combining single colour with pattern (like black BDU w/urban digital), having one straight colour combination (like navy BDU w/navy kit or tigerstripe BDU with tigerstripe kit) or is there any other combination not mentioned that you really like the look of the most.

For me I like the look of a solid colour scheme, like OD BDU and OD kit, but I'd say my fave would be a contrasting solid colour scheme like OD BDU and Navy blue kit.

Edit: Actually I'm asking more from a "what do you think _looks_ the coolest" as opposed to "what do you think is the most effective".

Last edited by Chubby; September 24th, 2018 at 00:19..
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2018, 22:12   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I research the most modern, disruptive and transitional patterns and use those. Don’t wear gear for cool factor, that’s your first step towards losing a tactical game.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 22:26   #3
riley_A

I always match my greens and tans. If I'm wearing my green combats (either multicam tropic or M81) then I'll match that with my ranger green plate carrier with mostly ranger green pouches. If I'm wearing tan combats (multicam) then i'll match that with a multicam plate carrier with multicam or coyote brown pouches. The only exception to this is my belt which is ranger green with a mix of green, coyote brown and multicam pouches. Not a huge deal though as my belt swaps between kits.
riley_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2018, 22:49   #4
Datawraith

Ranger Green works with literally everything, so I made it the main shade of my kit; plate carrier, pack that's attached to my plate carrier, Persec belt, and the pouches on my belt are all Ranger Green.

I mix and match the camos by wearing different tops and bottoms as well as swapping the chest rig that's QASM'd to my plate carrier. So if I'm greenfor, I go Greenzone, full Ranger Green, MARPAT, or CADPAT BDUs. If I'm tanfor, I wear Multicam BDUs.

This save me a lot of headache and hassle by only having one main standard kit, although I'm starting to consider getting a full Greenzone kit because it blends in so well and having large chunks of Ranger Green kind of destroys the effectiveness of the Greenzone pattern.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2018, 23:07   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I feel the same about coyote. It works with green or tan.
Old September 24th, 2018, 13:41   #6
Danke

So the human brain is good at processing shapes. So if you're all green, or brown or tan or SWAT black you're probably gonna get seen. Unless you're playing in a 100'x100' pen lined with pallets.

On some older patterns you can increase the effetiveness by mixing tops and bottoms. If you're in an evergreen forest with snow on the ground white pants and a CADPAT top will work really well.

A good practice is to look at the site while in play and see who you can't see. If ACU is working because it's all rock and old man's beard then wear ACU. If it's brown grass try Multicam.

Whatever you do don't forget your feet. Nice green pants and top with white court shoes is just sad to see.
Old September 24th, 2018, 14:48   #7
hollywood...
cranky old man

MC Bottoms and M81 Woodland Top
Old September 24th, 2018, 15:57   #8
Cortex
Has a life outside Airsoft

I'm really liking the Swedish M90 and M90K patterns now.
Old September 24th, 2018, 17:44   #9
Danke

Vietnam tiger stripe bottoms and auscam top.
Old September 24th, 2018, 21:34   #10
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
M81/DCS combo seems to work crazy well at this time of the transitional year. Give it a bit for the long grass to lighten.

Throw in a SDS RACK and DCS Camelback for added good times!
Old September 25th, 2018, 10:13   #11
kochetkov

For my part we. Use pants multicam with multicam black top even if black does not blend good in the woods its airsoft and it looks awesome
kwa masada
kwa lm4
2xkwa kriss vector
tm ksg
kochetkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2018, 18:17   #12
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochetkov View Post
For my part we. Use pants multicam with multicam black top even if black does not blend good in the woods its airsoft and it looks awesome
Don't stand beside me!
Old September 26th, 2018, 11:11   #13
Danke

Old October 3rd, 2018, 07:27   #14
ValaskaAirsoft

I'm very partial to CADPAT, but in the interest of not getting confused or mistaken by someone, I wear a black OTV with CADPAT pouches. The black drops my concealment a bit but safety first, the HIVIS "AIRSOFT" on a cadpat backdrop on the back of my vest doesn't help much either but again, rather not get shot.
ValaskaAirsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General