Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft C7A2 Custom gun

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 4th, 2010, 17:54   #16
LongStone

Spectre Wulfe: send a PM if you're in the Toronto area, I have a field about 45 min west of there

Last edited by LongStone; November 4th, 2010 at 20:02..
LongStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 17:57   #17
Spectre Wulfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongStone View Post
send a PM if you're in the Toronto area, I have a field about 45 min west of there
Probably won't be there, its the Niagra area I'm visiting. Got a friend there.
Spectre Wulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 21:43   #18
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongStone View Post
Right, its a carbine, the dimensions would be closer to the C8A1 (removing the carry handle)
and the Mercury Sable looks "NOTHING" like the Ford Taurus but more like a Lada :-?

If you have time to track every subtle nuance, variant and designation of the AR-15/M-16/M4/C7/C7 & SR-25 [7.72] platform maybe you could impart the knowledge to our Scottish friend above rather than engaging in the childish and irrelevant flames

or find us some pictures for all the variants here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Canada_C7_rifle

excuse me while I go polish my wdf was it again? Ak47 no...Uzi that was it
Hahahaha

If you call that flaming! I merely pointed that your build is completely different than what the OP wants. This is not the newbie section, people will let you know when you are wrong.

I posted some relevent information already, if you read a bit. You posted pictures and links that are misleading and have NOTHING to do with the build the OP asked.

Your rifle is a M4/AR15 with a carry handle rail and a cheap tasco 30mm RDS. The only thing it has in common with the C7A2 would be the thermold mag, but even that is phased out now.

Because your sight is painted OD does not make it an ELCAN (which is 4x, with a tritium reticule insert).
The barrel of the C7A2 is 20", not 14.5" like an M4/AR15.
You don't have a triad rail (one very distinctive feature of the C7A2).

The only parts I can see on your rifle that also is the same on a C7A2 would be the grip and flat top upper receiver (since the C7A1 uses an integrated carry handle).

If the OP wants to go for a very realistic build, including the right trades, he CANNOT use an ICS rifle, as they use a proprietairy receiver system and do not make one with the correct trades.

Here are pictures if you really want some:

Receiver and trades:

Overall assembly:

Now I have built rifles for people for many years... I start to pick-up differences and details quite easy. With your 20 posts, maybe you just started airsoft, comming from a paintball environement. Attention to detail in our replicas is one of the important parts of airsoft that we are looking for. If you like your rifle the way it is, fine with me. But when someone ask for a very specific rifle and some help about it, it is not the brightest idea to show him something that does not remotely looks the same.

To take your cars analogy, The OP might have just asked how to build his Eclipse to look like in the first Fast and Furious. You told him that your Mustang looks just the same.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 07:49   #19
Spectre Wulfe

I'm probably using the CA M15A4 as a base, the hardest thing to get though is a triad rail, I had been ccommunicating with the guy from the International Classifieds but he's been quiet since his reply so wating on him getting back to me. May substitute it to begin with if he turns out to be a waste of time.
Old November 5th, 2010, 08:01   #20
Kos-Mos

You can add the triad rail later, it just bolts over the gaz block/iron sight.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 15:13   #21
Spectre Wulfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
You can add the triad rail later, it just bolts over the gaz block/iron sight.
True, I could do. Just wondering how much are the Canadian bodies for the gun? Are they hard to come by?
Old November 5th, 2010, 16:19   #22
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
The only parts I can see on your rifle that also is the same on a C7A2 would be the grip and flat top upper receiver (since the C7A1 uses an integrated carry handle).
C7 had an integral carry handle. C7A1 was the exact same as the C7, but flat top receiver.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 18:16   #23
LongStone

@ Kos-Mos, if you have criticism your follow up post is what I expect to see ;-)

real info, pics etc. not just a nose twiddle and disappear (which seems to be endless here) + the no AV status came off like a 14 year old, sorry

I appreciate you putting the time into a follow up.

the later pics you and Crunchmeister posted are the first time I've seen the tri-rail/(fore site RIS) and I do spend a bit of time checking out every pic I see in news sources etc. (usually hard to see any significant detail :-/ )

that said I don't worry about the SCA level of detail (what do you mean you're wearing 10th century leggings with a tunic from 850 AD) I can live with similar/evocative. the links from ICSbb may not be minute detail accurate but I fail to see how the posts/images from wiki are misleading given they are C* specific

re. the cheapo red dot. yes it is, as posted I swapped for an X7 fore site paint was on it and didn't really care much and didn't want to damage the finish removing it.
I can't see the point of spending $120 + on a real site/scope when the accuracy of airsoft just doesn't warrant it (at least not with an entry level ICS) and the cheapo has a nice big aperture which I do really like

I still take exception with inflammatory statements "nothing like" & "not remotely the same" :-P, given the same base platform I would say yes there is [strong] similarity there as the differences are fundamentally cosmetic (different hand guard, tri rail, carbine vs full length) not like I'm trying to pawn off an AK or MP5 as a M16/M4/C7-8 etc. and I think most people here understand the diff between a carbine and a "full length"

I can live with the ICS trademarks too, if I ever had to deal with any grief over travel etc. it would be a whole lot harder to convince some ignoramus my CF stamped gun is really air soft. I like air soft but don't need to be a martyr to it.

initial response to the pic of my gun from a buddy who did his naval intel training last year "Looks good man - and very familiar! This is what I lugged around all summer. " apparently he's not into the SCA level of detail either.
Old November 5th, 2010, 19:44   #24
Spectre Wulfe

Can we get back on subject instead of the my guns better than yours bs that's going on?
Old November 5th, 2010, 22:13   #25
LongStone

sorry my bad. will STFU now :-(
tri rail original http://www.coltcanada.com/Accessory%...ils-triad1.gif
UK retailer
http://www.socomtactical.net/barrel-...l?cPath=67_105 pic is upside down
US
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-MNT-BR101TR.htm
http://www.airsoft.com/ac-mnt-br101tr.htm

Last edited by LongStone; November 6th, 2010 at 01:49..
Old November 6th, 2010, 00:24   #26
sortie39
Banned

its so fucking cool with a bayonet on!!!
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 08:52   #27
Spectre Wulfe

Can some give me the dimensions? Like barrel length and that?
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:08   #28
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre Wulfe View Post
Can some give me the dimensions? Like barrel length and that?
20" its a standard M16 length barrel.
standard M4 stock/tube (not sure if 5 postition or 6)
flat top reciever
M16A2 type handguards and pistol grip.

It's pretty straightforward, you can just buy an M16 with flattop reciever and throw an M4 stock on it. For the most part then it's just the trirail thats necessary to complete the look as overseas soldiers can and sometimes do use different optics.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:20   #29
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
20" its a standard M16 length barrel.
standard M4 stock/tube (not sure if 5 postition or 6)
flat top reciever
M16A2 type handguards and pistol grip.

It's pretty straightforward, you can just buy an M16 with flattop reciever and throw an M4 stock on it. For the most part then it's just the trirail thats necessary to complete the look as overseas soldiers can and sometimes do use different optics.
The C7A2 and C8 Stocks are all 4 position stocks... G&P makes some really nice ones (I have one on my C8 Build)
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:54   #30
grantmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzergrenadier View Post
The C7A2 and C8 Stocks are all 4 position stocks...
Actually no, all of the C8s in the Naval inventory that I have used are actually a 2 position buffer tube.
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications