Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Who got you into airsoft, Who put you onto ASC

:

General

Old February 12th, 2010, 14:30   #31
L473ncy

Some man on the internet told me!

No seriously, I did find it via the internet. Soon after I searched up "airsoft in Canada" in google (cause most of what I found was related to Asia and the US and I wanted to find some more Canadian centred stuff), and found this place. At the time I was underage and a "know it all", I got told badly by some people and just bided my time until I was 18 and started actively playing.
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:37   #32
submarineman

Send a message via MSN to submarineman
This started last year for me. I was a sharpshooter and with the Naval landing Boarding party for many years and I really loved it so I wanted to do something for that same rush and I thought that paintball would be the thing. I always wanted to try paintball and I had no idea about airsoft.

So one day I walked in to the Army surplus store here in Halifax looking for a paintball gun and the guys at the store told me if I ever heard of airsoft before, Nope I had no idea what it was and they pointed me to atlantic airsoft and ASC. I started doing some research and about a mth latter I played my first game with a borrowed gun. I got hooked and after spending a small fortune on all kinds of different guns I decided to make a buisiness out of it and the rest well you guys know.

Dolphin code 37
``Submariners have bigger balls``
submarineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:41   #33
PRELUDE

2003... accidentally stumbled on GBBs being sold on EBay. i ordered one (KJW M9 -greyish colour) from traderjpc (now ehobbyasia). item was delivered to me, not realizing the laws on importation of airsoft. then ordered my first AEG (tm mp5); then a ksc m-11. a year later... ASC.
Last resort: HARSH WORDS

Buy & Sell Rating (OLD)
PRELUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:41   #34
MMatersk

I knew about airsoft for some time the first time i got exposed to it was about 3-4 years ago when i went to play paintball at FR with a few of my buddies. As we setup our gear we noticed some tents set up and guys carrying realistic guns, so some of us went to check it out. I honestly dont remember there names but i asked as to where can i get involved they told me about going on the web and checking ASC out. I only recently converted from paintball to airsoft i say about a month ago now maybe 2 and i havent had this much fun playing paintball.

forever airsoft!

cheers
Mike
MMatersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:45   #35
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Mighty Mouse on the boards here got me into airsoft.. Went to highschool with him.
Then he got me onto the boards. And then I turned into a forum troll lol.
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:46   #36
Barbie
Official Narcissistic Puma

Send a message via MSN to Barbie
haha... How i started... Had a bf that learned that one of my friend, Fivefingers, played airsoft!!! So, as a good gf, i introduced them, and well, tagged along to see and to do the introduction.... I was lended a shotgun, meh... it was ok.... But then, one of the warmongers, Arnold, kidnapped me, and well, lent me a gbb.... OMG!!!! It was the coolest thing ever.... And well, the rest is history... I am no longer with that bf, but more active than ever... And while playing, i had to be age verified, so this is how i showed up on asc.... lol

I dont have a team, i have an open relationship with many... Jealous? Yep! I tought so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themis View Post
Now if you excuse me, I have to go put on my spacesuit to attend my "And much more" training session.
Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:47   #37
Jimski

funny how nobody noticed the load of crap I typed lol.
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:47   #38
Drake
E-01

I'd been semi-collecting militaria since I was a teen (money pit #1, thanks dad) and started playing paintball in HS. In college I began shooting airguns semi-competitively and still played PB a bit, though I was getting increasingly fed up with the lack of realism and how money-hungry an industry it was.

In the early 90s, with the introduction of bill C68 and the prospect of having to get a firearms license and register airguns looming on the horizon (figured I'd get real firearms if I had to do that), coupled with how difficult it was getting to find a place to shoot airguns and the increasingly limited challenge, I sold off my stuff and started looking for something new. I started looking at paintball again since there were new developments since the days I'd played with PGPs and SL-68s.

About the same time (mid 90s), this fellow whom I played an online game with (a sort of early Battletech MMORPG kinda thing) happened to hear my story and mentioned airsoft, told me to check it out, gave me links. Told me to get my ass in gear before C68 made it difficult to import anymore. Turned out he lived not-so-far away from me too (Ottawa). That guy was Poncho (heh, remember Solaris?)

Soon I was a semi-regular on ASZ, had a couple of guns and was looking for people to play with (didn't know of any other airsofters in Montreal). Someone pointed me to this crappy little Canadian team's forum (haha j/k) where a lot of Canadians hung out, and I was in turn pointed to Raven (who ran PQAC) who introduced me to the 20 or so other folks in Montreal who played airsoft.

That little team forum eventually became ASC and the rest is history.

If you remember this, you've been around a while:

Mmmm classic (yeah, I kept it, I'm sentimental like that).

Last edited by Drake; February 12th, 2010 at 14:52..
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:51   #39
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
I did. I was waiting to see if you do put down your real story.

A bit of silliness is ok, but do actually add your real personal story. This thread would get lame pretty fast if it starts being more about increasingly fake stories, rather than interesting personal airsoft history.

Please and thank you.
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:55   #40
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
Airsoft: More exciting that Special Operations. These words coming from the man who was in the Special Forces in '95 (or should I say Speshul Forsis? :P)
Old February 12th, 2010, 14:58   #41
Tex

I don't even remember it was far too long ago. I know I was on a different forum before this one and lurked here for a couple years before creating an account. I got a couple of cheap handguns from japan and started looking online to see if I could get any more here in Canada. A lot has changed in 10-11 years.

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 15:44   #42
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I was bored with paintball in 2000. I was playing it in the wood since the late 90's.

I was on paintballmontreal, discussing with a lot of morons about recball, when an airsoft section was created at the bottom. That got my attention.

I had bought a cheap HFC HK P8 sprigners a few years before and I had no idea that people where shooting each other with things like that. I had seen airsoft dealing websites, but I figured they where out of reach, far away things I would never own. And 450$ for an AEG was crazy money back then for something I could not use in a game.

Trough that forum, I attended my first games at Action Commando during a airsoft night. I rented from Gump an M16 and fired away. I was hooked. That was in 2002. I then rented for 2 more games, including one milsim then I had receaved my first AEG, TM G36c from Tru!

But back to the years 2k, at paintballmontreal, I read a lot about airsoft and ASC was mentionned as the place to read on the sport. I was clearly warned by Aper about how rude and fireprone the place was if you asked a stupid question or reposted crap. So I made an account and read for a good 2 weeks before posting my first question about the effectiveness of sniper rifles in airsoft. That was in 2003.

So all in all, I guess Aper is the one that linked me to ASC, Gump and Vondnik are the one that made this interest an infectious desease.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 16:23   #43
empty_mags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

Mmmm classic (yeah, I kept it, I'm sentimental like that).
Ooo you bet I do. Funny that you kept that
Old February 12th, 2010, 16:51   #44
Slono
Slow mo.

I was interested pistols and did some research on the 1911. I started looking for places I buy replica BB guns. My first was a Taurus 24/7 springer, and I sold that quickly because it lacked realism and then looked for online forums where I could ask to get realistic pistols. I found ASC. Here I am, not even a year into joining and I've unloaded 2k already.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 17:20   #45
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
I was helping a girlfriend and her roommate move on day, when we were all done we went back to the roomies boyfriends place for beer and pool related activities... he had a G36... I ended up clearing the house a couple times, he showed me ASC, the next day I forgot the name of the site, but remembered Airsoft, hit google, found ASC again, and bam, hooked. Bought a P90 from Bruce and turned into a 12 year old with a giant shit eating grin all over again.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General