Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WOLF's Ultimate ACTION EPISODE!!!

:

Airsoft Media

Old September 19th, 2012, 19:24   #46
Trev140_0

As a private field owner, I am very concerned and careful about our field. We take every bit of caution to be out of public view, and notify the police prior to our games. All neighbours are aware, even though they are miles away.

That said this sport/hobby is on a fine line and the latest news of the arrests of 3) 14 years olds playing airsoft in view remind us that we need to be careful.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...ls-in-one-week

And if you think being hauled in to York regional in hand cuffs just "vanishes" from your record, your sadly mistaken. Like to see these kids get nexus cards later in life, when the question comes up "have you ever been arrested---pause". Or possibly apply for a police services or high level security position.

The part that strikes me as odd, is this place is just opening and the site makes it clear not to do what you see in the video. Dont bring weapons in without a case etc etc to our location.

While there are 12 and 14 year olds watching this video looking up to "us".

I understand the video says dont do this ...but...we are, however if the video was to make more of an impact, I think coming in the front door with gun cases, gearing up, then doing this, may have had a more positive outcome. Showing this is serious and if you want to get into this, come out out!

Now the people who want to flame, this , please dont bother. Not ineterested in debating, just wanted to point out there are kids being arrested and the sport is under pressure, and the only difference is "ya we called the cops, all cool"

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Last edited by Trev140_0; September 19th, 2012 at 19:34..
Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 20:08   #47
Viperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev140_0 View Post
As a private field owner, I am very concerned and careful about our field. We take every bit of caution to be out of public view, and notify the police prior to our games. All neighbours are aware, even though they are miles away.

That said this sport/hobby is on a fine line and the latest news of the arrests of 3) 14 years olds playing airsoft in view remind us that we need to be careful.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...ls-in-one-week

And if you think being hauled in to York regional in hand cuffs just "vanishes" from your record, your sadly mistaken. Like to see these kids get nexus cards later in life, when the question comes up "have you ever been arrested---pause". Or possibly apply for a police services or high level security position.

The part that strikes me as odd, is this place is just opening and the site makes it clear not to do what you see in the video. Dont bring weapons in without a case etc etc to our location.

While there are 12 and 14 year olds watching this video looking up to "us".

I understand the video says dont do this ...but...we are, however if the video was to make more of an impact, I think coming in the front door with gun cases, gearing up, then doing this, may have had a more positive outcome. Showing this is serious and if you want to get into this, come out out!

Now the people who want to flame, this , please dont bother. Not ineterested in debating, just wanted to point out there are kids being arrested and the sport is under pressure, and the only difference is "ya we called the cops, all cool"
that right there is exactly what I was also pointing out. I agree with you 110%

It's all about the target audience. Most of wolf's 16k viewers are paintballers. And I'm willing to bet most of them are younger and wouldn't think about how important casing shit is.

Not saying all noobies are dumb but it only takes one.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 20:30   #48
IceTray
Majestic Mornings rocking it like a Queen

No offense, but really, people are actually butthurt about their field time, because someone in this community wanted to have some fun, help advertise a local field and this hobby? Geez. You spell such good things for this community and its future.

Regardless the video was amusing, and enjoyable.
Old September 19th, 2012, 20:31   #49
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

Really? Did you all miss or just ignore the post where I clearly stated that ALL airsoft guns were transported into UA in gun bags. They were then set up INSIDE UA and left there. When we entered from the SUV, we picked up our airsoft guns from a table INSIDE UA in one of the staging rooms.
The footage inside the vehicle was shot in a deserted area out of the public eye, after normal business hours.

The ownership of UA is VERY clear about guns being transported into and out of their facility within a carrying system (ie bag).
As Wolf has also stated, this isn't our first kick at the can, and even more importantly, do you think for a second that I'd jeopardize my company without doing everything properly?

If you're really that concerned, read ALL of the posts prior to the last one before posting. Then if you're still concerned, make an effort to come out to the next shoot and help us ensure it's done to your satisfaction.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 20:45   #50
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTray View Post
No offense, but really, people are actually butthurt about their field time, because someone in this community wanted to have some fun, help advertise a local field and this hobby? Geez. You spell such good things for this community and its future.

Regardless the video was amusing, and enjoyable.
I'd be butthurt also, if i was Cooney, driving 1+ hrs each way to get to UA, only to have some youtube media-whore wannabe's co-opting my play-time for their face-time - assuming that the event is for 4 hrs or so, 1 hr is 25% wasted time. As you put it, someone wanting to have some fun, help advertise a local field and the hobby, was done on Cooney's, and the other player's time and dime. That is not the appropriate time to be doing promotional sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
Really? Did you all miss or just ignore the post where I clearly stated that ALL airsoft guns were transported into UA in gun bags. They were then set up INSIDE UA and left there. When we entered from the SUV, we picked up our airsoft guns from a table INSIDE UA in one of the staging rooms.
The footage inside the vehicle was shot in a deserted area out of the public eye, after normal business hours.

The ownership of UA is VERY clear about guns being transported into and out of their facility within a carrying system (ie bag).
As Wolf has also stated, this isn't our first kick at the can, and even more importantly, do you think for a second that I'd jeopardize my company without doing everything properly?

If you're really that concerned, read ALL of the posts prior to the last one before posting. Then if you're still concerned, make an effort to come out to the next shoot and help us ensure it's done to your satisfaction.
It's not the method or intention that is in question - it is the message that is being given to those viewers ignorant of the 'behind the scenes happenings' on youtube.

You are on the inside, looking out. We, and the other unknowing viewers on Boobtube (a goodly portion being generally senseless under-ager's) are outside, looking in... and your windows are one-way glass unless they've been told what is happening on the inside. Monkey see, Monkey do, often results.

Trev140_0 and Viperfish are right on the money with their observations. It's about the message, in the image that you are portraying - not the forum back-story.

Last edited by HackD; September 19th, 2012 at 22:32..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 21:23   #51
Trev140_0

Its funny how people have no ability to connect A+B+C.

You posted a video with 4 guys rolling along in a an SUV loading there Airsoft guns in full gear on the way to a location with the back hatch open in broad daylight, yet the disclaimer says "all good, we are professionsals dont try this at home". What, if you were shooting out the windows would that be ok too?

You think Toronto is some kind of Bubble?

April 2012
HOPKINS, Minn. - For police officers in Hopkins, it's simply getting too tough to tell what is real and what isn't.

"The Airsoft guns are looking more and more like real handguns," said Sgt. Michael Glassberg with the Hopkins Police Department. "It's a concern and that's why were on it."

Police in the west metro suburb say they've received a string of calls this spring from neighbors spotting what looks like people holding real guns in broad daylight. Instead, the guns are actually toys called Airsoft guns. They look and feel similar to the real thing but shoot plastic BB's and feature an orange tip on the barrel.

"When we get calls like that we respond with our firearms out and we're going to get people controlled and handcuffed until we know what's going on," says Sgt. Glassberg.

Determining what is real and what is not are situations officers don't want to face. It's why the Hopkins Police Department will propose a new city ordinance banning Airsoft guns in view of city streets, sidewalks, and parks.

"What we don't want is a tragic situation where we have to shoot or kill someone with a replica handgun," says Sgt. Glassberg. "It's about keeping officers and citizens safe."

The Minnesota Airsoft Association agrees.

"There is no reason to play with Airsoft guns in the street or in a park," says MAA Safety Officer Erik Pakieser. "There are plenty of safe and legal places to play."

Communities like Minneapolis, Bloomington and Plymouth have restrictions banning Airsoft guns in public, but cities like Eden Prairie and St. Louis Park do not.

The Hopkins city council will discuss the proposal on Tuesday.

Last edited by Trev140_0; September 19th, 2012 at 22:05..
Old September 19th, 2012, 21:28   #52
Trev140_0

Airsoft GI:

There is a senate bill in California right now that is trying to ban airsoft in Los Angeles County. SB1315 was created to prevent law enforcement from accidentally shooting civilians with airsoft guns. Supporters of SB1315 think that by banning airsoft guns they will eliminate all police shootings involving citizens with airsoft guns. This bill is a knee jerk reaction to an officer involved shooting a few years ago in Los Angeles County. It is like blaming the pencil for misspelling words. One of the many important things I have learned in my academic career as a criminal justice major is that crime control policy usually does not work the way it intended to be, and the policy generally get tied up at the Supreme Court, resulting in spending millions of tax payer’s dollars. The policy does not usually work for criminals, because a determined criminal will commit the crime even if the policy is in effect. SB1315 will end up punishing law abiding citizens instead of the criminals.

The purpose of SB1315 is to give each county the authority to limit the sale, manufacture, or possession of imitation firearms, in this case, airsoft. The reason this bill came about is because of cases of officer involved shootings in LA County with suspects carrying imitation firearms. Law enforcement agencies do not want to use deadly force against civilian armed with imitation firearms. This is what bothers me. I graduated with a bachelor of science in Criminal Justice Law Enforcement option; I have learned that it is dependent on the action of the individual in police contact, not what he has in his hands, that determines the chances of him being shot or walk away.

To further understand officer involved shootings; Tim invited Sergeant Scott Graham from the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department to give us a better understanding on why police officers use deadly force. First, let me give you a little background on Sergeant Graham. Sergeant Graham has been a Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputy for almost 25 years. For the last few years, he has been in charge of investigating officer involved shootings. During the time as an officer involved shooting investigator, he has never received a case regarding an officer shooting a civilian with an airsoft gun.

According to Sergeant Graham, all the cases he investigated involved real handguns. However, there are other cases which the suspect did not follow the officer’s instructions and as the result, the suspect was shot. According to Sergeant Graham, the shooting happened not because of what was in the suspect’s hand, it all depended on the movement. There have been cases where the suspect has a cell phone in their hand, and because of their movements, the officer decided to use deadly force on the suspect.

Sergeant Graham gave a perfect scenario during the interview. If an airsoft enthusiast walks down a street with an airsoft gun in his hand, there is a huge probability that people in the surrounding area will call the police on him. Since the call will be man with a gun, officers responding will have heightened sense of awareness, and will be looking for a gun. Now the airsoft enthusiast’s actions determine whether he will be shot or he will walk away unharmed. When the officers roll up, they will have their gun drawn on that airsoft enthusiast. They will instruct the subject to drop the weapon and raise his hands. If the airsoft enthusiast drops his weapon and put his hands up, he will walk away unharmed. But if he decides to turn and have an inconsistent movement than raising his hands up, he is probably going to get shot.

It is understandable for police officers to fire upon a suspect who moves his arms in a manner consistent to drawing a gun. What the general public and politician need to understand is the officers do not fire because the suspect has a gun in his hands, it is because they moved in a manner which is consistent to present harm to the officers. SB1315 supporters seem to think that by banning airsoft guns, officers shooting unarmed civilian will stop completely. They need to understand that even if you have a cell phone, you have a chance of being shot if you do not follow officer’s instruction.

Let me remind you that police officers in the state of California went through extensive training in order to be trusted with a gun. It is up to the individual’s action to determine if he will get shot or not. Working as an intern for a local police department I have witnessed numerous incidents which involved the officers drawing their weapons. Fortunately, every time I was there, the officers did not fire upon the suspects, even though the suspects have firearms on them. It is because the suspects obeyed the officer’s instruction. At the end of the day, the officers just want to go home alive, and they do not want to use deadly force if it is not absolutely necessary.

As a representative of an Airsoft Company, we have a responsibility to inform and educate our customers about safety. Our primary goal is safety; therefore, we have a lot of counter fraud measures in place in our online store. This prevents minors from unauthorized purchases with their parents’ credit cards. At the police department I intern for, we have confiscated numerous airsoft guns from high school students. Those students used their parent’s credit card to purchase airsoft guns from one of our competitors and brought it to school. The principle called our SWAT team that day. Luckily, there were no shots fired.

I understand why local law enforcement agencies would like to ban airsoft, but it is not the answer. SB1315 is targeting the wrong crowd. Since most airsoft companies are located in Los Angeles County, thousands of people will lose their jobs. With California being the third worst state for unemployment, is it really worth raising the unemployment rate in California by banning airsoft? Instead of targeting the industry, maybe SB1315 should target irresponsible individuals and punish more severely to those who do not follow the law. Since minors (under 18) cannot purchase airsoft guns, the parents or guardians are responsible for the purchase and the action of that minor. It is the parent and guardians, and responsible airsoft players’ responsibilities to play airsoft safely. I am Andrew, until next time, stay safe, and get our and play responsibly.

Last edited by Trev140_0; September 19th, 2012 at 21:31..
Old September 19th, 2012, 21:48   #53
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

It's a shame..but this thread is very close to being closed...I see both sides here.

The OP needs to remember that airsoft was and still is a grey area sport in Canada DESPITE how much easier it is to get airsoft guns into the country. Bear this in mind..you and Matt.

This isn't paintball and CAN NOT be treated as such..
Recognize!

Feel me?
Old September 19th, 2012, 22:16   #54
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Only thing I can say is you guys were trying to use the airsoft gun triggers like paintball guns. I laughed.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 22:30   #55
Trev140_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
Really? Did you all miss or just ignore the post where I clearly stated that ALL airsoft guns were transported into UA in gun bags. They were then set up INSIDE UA and left there. When we entered from the SUV, we picked up our airsoft guns from a table INSIDE UA in one of the staging rooms.....cont....

....As Wolf has also stated, this isn't our first kick at the can, and even more importantly, do you think for a second that I'd jeopardize my company without doing everything properly?

I will post nothing more on this.

Last edited by Trev140_0; September 19th, 2012 at 22:54..
Old September 19th, 2012, 22:46   #56
Deadpool

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 22:57   #57
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

You must have a different dictionnary than mine, because your definition of inside differs from mine.

Your first kick must have been practice. Try again.

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 23:01   #58
foxtrot-one7

South Park-Free Hat-Movie Previews - YouTube

www.canadiancrimsonforce.com
You Get Out of It What You Put Into It...

Last edited by foxtrot-one7; September 19th, 2012 at 23:08..
foxtrot-one7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 23:13   #59
Antikythera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
That is one High Res gif you got there.
Antikythera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 15:39   #60
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho

Seen a few thread like this in my time...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media