Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Packs Gallery

:

Gear Discussion

Old January 8th, 2012, 22:48   #61
Ballcancer

Thanks alot guys! I appreciate the variety! I am going to be doing a lot of research of the next week or so to see which one suits my needs the best.

Just for arguments sake Skeletor, if I was willing to spend a bit more which packs out of those brands would you recommend?

Last edited by Ballcancer; January 8th, 2012 at 22:55..
Ballcancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 23:05   #62
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

Mystery Ranch
Camelbak
Kelty
Kifaru
LBT

Kifaru's ultra-light line looks really interesting - something I would like to check out down the road:
http://www.kifaru.net/ultralight.html

Kifaru ShotShow 2011 - YouTube

Last edited by MilanWG; January 8th, 2012 at 23:10..
MilanWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 01:07   #63
White_knight

my new fastpack litespeed, decided on this one because this one has molle under the front flap and is a little more streamlined. misses got for me for xmas

Last edited by White_knight; January 9th, 2012 at 01:11..
White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 14:10   #64
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post

Camelback attached to EI RRV
I'm looking for a similair set up for my Plate Carrier. What camel back is that and is it weaved in the MOLLE?
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 21:03   #65
DJBackfire

Here is my Condor Assault pack, I just use it for my everyday back pack. It's nothing special.
KJW 10/22
KWA USP Compact Tactical
DJBackfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:28   #66
Ozone06

For most extended / non CQB games I rock an RRV without a back panel and I came up with this set up this morning. I took an issue foliage green Camelbak and a Condor go bag, which has molle strips on the back, and I weaved the strips through the side and bottom D rings.
I took it on a nice 3.5K Hike on the Bruce Trail by Mount Nemo in Burlington. It worked really well. I have a long torso so the go bag sat right in the small of my back I didn't even notice the weight.

The Go bag is my day to day E&E bag with various useful things.... Knife, couple flashlights, Mylar blanket, zipties, compass, pens, paper, food, 100' paracord some carabiners, small boo boo kit. There's some heft to it. The rig worked out quite nicely.

I also just ordered the Condor 3-Day assault pack for 24 hour games in tan.

Image Courtesy of condor

I also have a MEC internal frame pack for non-airsoft related pack needs.
Ozone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 19:26   #67
Nakes

I'm no photographer, but here's pictures of my 100L MR Grizzly from a recent solo camping trip. I'll leave my other packs out, since they're not military packs.

Nakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:43   #68
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

Sweet MR pack Nakes! Thanks for the contribution.

I have been running my MR 3DAP for a couple months now and love it!

ps. non-mil packs are more than welcome aswell
Old April 20th, 2012, 15:41   #69
Nakes

Cool the 3dap looks really nice! I love my MR too, if I ever buy another pack it will most likely be a MR, the extra weight is entirely offset(and more) by the comfort of their pack.

Here's two other packs of mine. The first is a CamelBak HAWG, which I've owned for about 5 years now and have used intensively and it still seems close to new! I took it on a camping/hiking for fun once instead of a larger pack, plus a fishing rod not pictured! I didnt end up taking the sleeping bag hanging off the bottom, I swapped in the Silver drysack pictured on the Dead Bird with a blanket inside as it was about 1/2 the size. That was a mistake, I was COLD even though it was summer.

The second pack is a 45-55L Arc Teryx No-Zone which I've owned for about 5 years aswell, very light. Great pack, although not nearly as comfortable as the MR with a heavier load. I've also started using it as a day pack, compression sinched down, maybe a extra layer of clothing inside and some food, it's much easier to lash large things to it, eg MSR Lightning 30's, poles, ice ax.

Last edited by Nakes; April 20th, 2012 at 17:27..
Nakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 19:26   #70
JohnGol10

I know it seems like an odd question, but what kind of pack would you recommend if you're required to be in the field for two weeks? My USNSCC program offers advanced trainings like that.

I was thinking along the lines of a CFP90, Blackhawk SOF Ruck Kit, etc.
Old April 21st, 2012, 22:33   #71
JohnGol10

Tent/camp.
Old April 21st, 2012, 23:09   #72
Conker

If anyone has a Tasmanian Tiger pack... Post pics of your setups and your opinion of it!

We've got most of their line at work just this week, and I'm looking for some feedback on them. I considered switching my Kelty for one of these as they look pretty well made, unfortunately Tasmanian offers a 45 and an 85 pack; nothing in between. I need a ~65, so I'll be keeping my Kelty...
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:04   #73
Black Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGol10 View Post
Tent/camp.
Personally I use a climbing pack and the reason I do is for the following reason. When you are pumpingyour arms back and forth Tabbing up hills you encounter nothing behind your elbows.

I find ( My Opinion here) that climbing packs are generally suited to most situations, even carrying over the top of my old PLCE when I served, as the Bergen issued was generally shit and gave horrific welts on my hips.

Climbing sacs are for shit if you run a plate carrier of any kind as they cannot sit close to you.

Generally you can get away with a 50 litre pack with an expandable top set to 60 litres. (Did this in the Brecons in Wales in 04)

Good luck.

Tip: Put fleece or felt on the hip belt where it hits your hips. This will save you a fuck load of grief when using the pack for extended periods of time

Pete.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 19:21   #74
Viteq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
If anyone has a Tasmanian Tiger pack... Post pics of your setups and your opinion of it!

We've got most of their line at work just this week, and I'm looking for some feedback on them. I considered switching my Kelty for one of these as they look pretty well made, unfortunately Tasmanian offers a 45 and an 85 pack; nothing in between. I need a ~65, so I'll be keeping my Kelty...
J'ai vue sa * Surplus Pont-Rouge, ils ont l'air très intéressant! J'vais voir comment vont les finances et je vais peut-être me gâter avec un 4e backpack!

- ''Se conquérir soi-même, c'est conquérir l'adversaire'' -

- Bushido -

придено на меня, и меня приходите назад на вас
''Come at me, and I'm coming back at you''
Viteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 17:19   #75
Mezer

My new baby

BlackHawk Ultra light Pheonix Pack en Multicam made of 210/330 denier nylon and 210 denier ripstop nylon

Last edited by Mezer; April 25th, 2012 at 18:17..
Mezer is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion