Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

British Impression

:

Western Europe

Old October 7th, 2011, 14:15   #31
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

I'm going to hop in here and be a bit of a dick.

In regards to the original posters: If you're going to mimick an actual military and claim to be doing an "impression" , do your research, do things as they would, I'm a member of the Canadian Forces Reserve, going out to a game and seeing some messy individual with a CADPAT uniform, threads everywhere, dingy hair, Rant aside, if you're going to dress up and mimick something you're not, do it properly and don't be a disgrace.

End of my cranky rant
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Armyissue; October 8th, 2011 at 22:40.. Reason: scrapping
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 14:17   #32
DEATH2000

+1. I agree with this.

Last edited by Armyissue; October 8th, 2011 at 22:40.. Reason: cleaning
DEATH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 15:29   #33
Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
I'm a member of the Canadian Forces Reserve
everybody knows this since you tell every soul you see in the field.
Old October 7th, 2011, 16:19   #34
rustysniper

rank is OK if there is no regimental ID or other Country/Force identification such as cap brass....
even an airsoft army can have rank and uniform...

Last edited by rustysniper; October 7th, 2011 at 17:30..
rustysniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 17:49   #35
sid_vicious

thank you sir! appreciate your input. can you point out on those pics i posted that you mentioned about wearing unit emblems or ranks? i cant seem to find one. all i can see is blood type and the union flag. have you ever served in Iraq or Afghanistan sir? BTW, what's the color of the boathouse at Hereford?hehehehe.

Last edited by Armyissue; October 8th, 2011 at 22:40.. Reason: scrubbing
sid_vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 19:30   #36
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
In reveiw now..... would you care to attach your unit and name to this post? Maybe we could arrange to have it reveiwed by some of your esteemed peers and see if you are the image that the Canadian Forces are trying to promote in the eyes of the general Public.

Last edited by Armyissue; October 8th, 2011 at 22:39.. Reason: waxing
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 20:05   #37
bizkilter

Wow, dude, a reserve going off like that just gives the reg forces more ammo to bag you guys ") Nicely done!
Old October 8th, 2011, 23:01   #38
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

I'll own up to the fact that I came off rather aggressively, not something I'd have intended to do had I been in a better mood and properly rested when I posted, though that's not an excuse for the manner in which I engaged in this discussion.

As far as the poster goes, you guys look pretty good, meant to mention that in my original post, big area to move on is the blousing and the beard, while I know you probably like the beard, and I won't lie, when I get the chance to ignore my razor, I generally do, I know many people in the british Military, it's fairly rare to see individuals in the Infantry with beards unless it's due to religion, something I get the feeling is not the reason behind yours, no offence. I also know individuals who would be able to obtain authorization to grow beards, none of them do as, leaving NBCD or whatever they call it now aside, most individuals find them to be a nuisance in regards to hygene in the field.

As for the weapons, this is airsoft, I have no idea what guns are like to get in the Phillipines, here they're a pain in the ass to get certain types at times, so it is what is is.

Helmets, based on most footage and pictures I've seen, and what I hear from guys I know, you don't see troops in combat areas without a bucket on.

The only other thing I can figure is the patches, I don't know of many militaries that still wear bright, non subdued flags into the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysniper View Post
rank is OK if there is no regimental ID or other Country/Force identification such as cap brass....
even an airsoft army can have rank and uniform...
This discussion comes up from time to time on range weekends and course, in regards to people, for lack of a better word, "playing" Canadian Forces or other militaries in both Paintball and Airsoft, general feeling is that as long as they get the basics right, such as blousing and shaving and they show respect to certain things, we're actually rather impressed and glad to see that people feel that way about the Canadian Forces or whatever Military it is that they wish to emulate. It's generally agreed though, if the rank is a means of organising your team, it's different, so long as you're not wearing the emblems and names of existing regiments.

I just wish people would understand that while not everyone cares, there are many individuals in organizations who don't enjoy seeing people running around wearing insignias/ranks/badges or other items that are meant to be earned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_vicious View Post
thank you sir! appreciate your input. can you point out on those pics i posted that you mentioned about wearing unit emblems or ranks? i cant seem to find one. all i can see is blood type and the union flag. have you ever served in Iraq or Afghanistan sir? BTW, what's the color of the boathouse at Hereford?hehehehe.
In order of asking:
The rank bit was meant as a general thing, not you guys, I was rather impressed with your lack of unit emblems and such.
No and no.
No idea, I'm not big on boats or water based activities ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
In reveiw now..... would you care to attach your unit and name to this post? Maybe we could arrange to have it reveiwed by some of your esteemed peers and see if you are the image that the Canadian Forces are trying to promote in the eyes of the general Public.
I'd prefer not to for privacy reasons, though IIRC I used military ID to get age verified. Don't know if you guys can pull that up or not as age verifiers. As for being the image the Forces wishes to promote, I generally try to behave and act in a manner beneficial to and in keeping with the principles and direction the Forces wish to go.

TLDR: I responded to this in a poor manner, I'll own up to that, as for the poster and his team, not bad, there are areas you could improve though.

Last edited by Gato; October 8th, 2011 at 23:05..
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:47   #39
Ernesto

British Club Ukraine
Ernesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 11:07   #40
DEATH2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
No idea, I'm not big on boats or water based activities ;P
Its supposed to be a joke. Their is no boat house if i recall correctly.
Old October 9th, 2011, 17:19   #41
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkilter View Post
Wow, dude, a reserve going off like that just gives the reg forces more ammo to bag you guys ") Nicely done!
Regardless if he is Civilian, Reservist or Regular Force he is still right. If people are willing too spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on uniforms, AEGs, etc then they can take a little bit of time to actual look the part if they are claiming too be doing an impression and doing it out of respect, etc to whatever nation's military.

If you are wearing the uniform wrong and looking like a bag of shit, that isn't really the "respect" you are claiming to be doing for that impression/look.

As for long hair and beards... all depends on your location and your CoC. If you aren't in a large camp, then there isn't going too be any barbers too give you a hair cut - unless you or buddy has trimmers and you want a haircut. Also if water isn't in large supply, you may only be able to shave once a week or whatever. Only nation's military I've seen that is strict on shaving/haircuts overseas(large and remote/small camps) is the Americans(with exceptions).

Last edited by -Skeletor-; October 9th, 2011 at 17:29..
Old October 9th, 2011, 17:36   #42
sid_vicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH2000 View Post
Its supposed to be a joke. Their is no boat house if i recall correctly.
yes there is a boathouse at Hereford.

http://www.herefordrc.co.uk/
Old October 9th, 2011, 18:05   #43
bizkilter

I agree with the sentiment entirely Skeletor "). Just throwing a couple of cents into the fire '~'
Old October 9th, 2011, 19:16   #44
sid_vicious

i never would have thought that blousing the pants and having a freaking beard would be such a big issue here. would it matter also if you dont have hair or going bald in your pictures here? just asking, no pun intended.

Last edited by sid_vicious; October 9th, 2011 at 21:00..
Old October 9th, 2011, 23:26   #45
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_vicious View Post
i never would have thought that blousing the pants and having a freaking beard would be such a big issue here. would it matter also if you dont have hair or going bald in your pictures here? just asking, no pun intended.
No hair doesn't matter, it's acceptable IIRC. Goign bald is something you have no power over so it's accepted :P
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Western Europe