Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC (UMAREX) MP5 GBBR Owners Thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 25th, 2014, 17:15   #346
Leo Pham

so for the MP5A3's stock flash hider is it too thin to thread the flash hider to either +/- 14mm? (currently it's non-threaded)
Leo Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:56   #347
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Pham View Post
so for the MP5A3's stock flash hider is it too thin to thread the flash hider to either +/- 14mm? (currently it's non-threaded)
Buy the NAVY flash hider which is threaded and put a silencer on it :tup:
Old November 26th, 2014, 13:46   #348
Leo Pham

no I want to use a tracer silencer though.....
Old November 26th, 2014, 14:01   #349
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Pham View Post
no I want to use a tracer silencer though.....
From what I heard its not safe to use a tracer on a GBB.
Old November 26th, 2014, 14:13   #350
Leo Pham

oh for being non-bio bb?
Old December 24th, 2014, 00:51   #351
one.six.realm

Hello to everyone involved in this forum.

Just joined seeing a wealth of information and pictures of this nice gun and would like to make my contribution.

Currently have the VFC UMAREX mp5 Navy & mp5k PDW, both w/ navy flash hider and Crusader suppressor - both in stock form.

There's a little problem installing the navy flash hider. In stock form, the flash hider cannot lock onto the threaded 3 pronged muzzle unless it's inserted w/ prongs exposed 2mm at the back. This doesn't look good because it looks like the flash hider isn't fully seated on the muzzle and there's a 2mm give back and forth. To rid the 2mm gap shift, I inserted an extra 2 rubber o-rings making it 3 in total - this works but still wasn't happy with the look.

Eventually, I just removed the 3 o-rings and now the flash hider can fully seat on the muzzle.
one.six.realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 21:01   #352
XIIIW

Umarex (VFC) HK MP5 SD3 GBBR (Asia Edition)

hey guys, and gals.

looking for some assistance.

I recently purchased an (AIM Sports One-Piece Tri-Rail Hand Guard RIS for MP5 Series Rifles) and i'm trying to rig it to my SD3 GBBR.

is this possible?

I've tried to rigging it to my G&G TGM Retractable AEG (SD6) yesterday and just couldn't seem to find a way to get it on there.

I read that the RIS is designed for guns with rear mounted batteries, which is why i'm wondering if it's possible to mount on the GBBR.

if anyone has any advice on this, that would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

- XIIIW
XIIIW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 21:18   #353
Danke

I don't think you have any way of mounting that.

You'll have to give up the SD MP5, or the rail kit.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 21:32   #354
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIW View Post
hey guys, and gals.

looking for some assistance.

I recently purchased an (AIM Sports One-Piece Tri-Rail Hand Guard RIS for MP5 Series Rifles) and i'm trying to rig it to my SD3 GBBR.

is this possible?

I've tried to rigging it to my G&G TGM Retractable AEG (SD6) yesterday and just couldn't seem to find a way to get it on there.

I read that the RIS is designed for guns with rear mounted batteries, which is why i'm wondering if it's possible to mount on the GBBR.

if anyone has any advice on this, that would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

- XIIIW

The SD3 follows RS fitment so whatever you buy must either fit RS or come from VFC.
Old January 5th, 2015, 07:03   #355
Swaltz

Hi Sequential,

I noticed that you have the Falcon rifling Barrel and was wondering if you have had any comparisons to other inner barrels, eg. Falcon non-rifling, VFC psalms, angry gun, maple, etc... and Did you do the VSR hop up mod on the Falcon barrel?

I currently have the falcon rifling barrel, nineballs vsr bucking and a new hop up chamber... I am wondering if it would be a good idea to modify the expensive barrel...

Another thing is, I noticed the back of my bolt carrier kind of stripped off at the lower left end (the part that extends out).... not sure if the hammer did that on auto...
in any case I bought a new bolt carrier set but found out the bolt head does not come with the separate extractor pin and pin holder on the head... it seems like it is a complete one piece now?

and How was the test with the maple buckings? im pretty curious if anyone had tried the different inner barrel and hop up combos... specifically maple barrel, miracle barrel and falcon barrels.... unless there is another VSR modifiable type I am missing out on.

Im pretty keen on picking up the mp5k gbb and working on some mods for it if I can complete this mp5 project lol... it is a very troublesome piece of gear on gen1 stock...

Thanks in advance and this is one awesome thread. MP5 FTW!

PS: What kind of effective range (headshot size) are you getting with your MP5s after the VSR hop mod?

Last edited by Swaltz; January 5th, 2015 at 07:26..
Swaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2015, 11:14   #356
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaltz View Post
Hi Sequential,

I noticed that you have the Falcon rifling Barrel and was wondering if you have had any comparisons to other inner barrels, eg. Falcon non-rifling, VFC psalms, angry gun, maple, etc... and Did you do the VSR hop up mod on the Falcon barrel?

I currently have the falcon rifling barrel, nineballs vsr bucking and a new hop up chamber... I am wondering if it would be a good idea to modify the expensive barrel...

Another thing is, I noticed the back of my bolt carrier kind of stripped off at the lower left end (the part that extends out).... not sure if the hammer did that on auto...
in any case I bought a new bolt carrier set but found out the bolt head does not come with the separate extractor pin and pin holder on the head... it seems like it is a complete one piece now?

and How was the test with the maple buckings? im pretty curious if anyone had tried the different inner barrel and hop up combos... specifically maple barrel, miracle barrel and falcon barrels.... unless there is another VSR modifiable type I am missing out on.

Im pretty keen on picking up the mp5k gbb and working on some mods for it if I can complete this mp5 project lol... it is a very troublesome piece of gear on gen1 stock...

Thanks in advance and this is one awesome thread. MP5 FTW!

PS: What kind of effective range (headshot size) are you getting with your MP5s after the VSR hop mod?

I've only ever ran the falcon rifling barrel on the MP5A3. I use nine-ball with the VSR10 style hop-up chamber.The gun shoots fairly accurate, however with light bb's like .20 .25 there's a bit of over-hop.

Regarding miracle barrel and other barrels, I have not yet attempted to try them yet.

I have tried the maple leaf bucking on the rifling barrel, and the gun performed poorly. The VSR10 mod is always best with a classic style hop-up nub, like the stock TM one or Nineball's purple one.

Yes over time, the bolt carrier will wear down. Especially that little edge, because of full auto. You don't need to replace it until something is actually not working on the gun.

If you have longer barrel, like the SD3 accuracy will improve by double. The Mp5K is a good performing gun but it lacks distance... something that might need to be fixed with a tight bore barrel and new bucking.
Old January 6th, 2015, 04:00   #357
Swaltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequential View Post
I've only ever ran the falcon rifling barrel on the MP5A3. I use nine-ball with the VSR10 style hop-up chamber.The gun shoots fairly accurate, however with light bb's like .20 .25 there's a bit of over-hop.

Regarding miracle barrel and other barrels, I have not yet attempted to try them yet.

I have tried the maple leaf bucking on the rifling barrel, and the gun performed poorly. The VSR10 mod is always best with a classic style hop-up nub, like the stock TM one or Nineball's purple one.

Yes over time, the bolt carrier will wear down. Especially that little edge, because of full auto. You don't need to replace it until something is actually not working on the gun.

If you have longer barrel, like the SD3 accuracy will improve by double. The Mp5K is a good performing gun but it lacks distance... something that might need to be fixed with a tight bore barrel and new bucking.
Oh that sounds good. I'll give the mod a go then... ive got a mp5a2 with the 208mm barrel. Lots of work on it due to being gen1...

Thanks for the info!
Swaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 09:26   #358
cookedham

got my MP5A3 with modded vfc psalms inner barrel and nine ball vsr10 hop up from sequential, gun shoot far and accurte likr a rifle, loving it!

Secondary: StarkArms G19,PPQ,M&P9
cookedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 12:05   #359
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaltz View Post
Oh that sounds good. I'll give the mod a go then... ive got a mp5a2 with the 208mm barrel. Lots of work on it due to being gen1...

Thanks for the info!
Yup, my A2 was also a Gen 1. I did all the upgrades myself!
Old January 11th, 2015, 23:15   #360
Magwell

Picked up some new goodies during Redwolfs boxing day sale Absolutely love the rail, excellent quality.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion