Airsoft Media

Old August 17th, 2008, 21:12   #76
Polar Nova

I like the grips on there.
Old August 18th, 2008, 01:03   #77
BadMrFrosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
it's also the grips I think. Most 1911 grip you can buy are not made for magwell, meaning they have a chamfered bottom edge. For magwell you need to find grips that are made for that. They have a straight cut along the bottom edge so theoretically the grip and the magwell will fit flush, and no gap inbetween like mine....

As I've said I am waiting for a new pair of grips to show up...when they do I'll post pics.....
I see... well, that's good news as nierbee made me a set of grips that were flat cut on the bottom. Can't wait to see how your 1911 will turn out.

Also, from what I had read on RedwolfAirsoft, the TM 1911 mags are supposed to have a capacity of 26 while the TM MEU mags have a capacity of 28. I took the time to count the rounds I loaded in my 1911 today and came up to about 25 (I hate fitting that last one through the feed lip).
Old August 18th, 2008, 01:22   #78
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMrFrosty View Post
I see... well, that's good news as nierbee made me a set of grips that were flat cut on the bottom. Can't wait to see how your 1911 will turn out.

Also, from what I had read on RedwolfAirsoft, the TM 1911 mags are supposed to have a capacity of 26 while the TM MEU mags have a capacity of 28. I took the time to count the rounds I loaded in my 1911 today and came up to about 25 (I hate fitting that last one through the feed lip).
That's why you don't load through the feed lip and follow the instruction manual by loading from the bottom. There's a space there for that reason - restriction-free loading.

Skip to the 1:30 mark:
YouTube - Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 Firing

All Marui guns can load this way. You minimize scratching your BBs before they're even fired and you reduce stress/wear on the feed lips.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 02:34   #79
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Argh, I just love that compensator!

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 18:09   #80
RacingManiac

New grips are here....

I think this thing now pretty much look exactly how I thought it might look like when I started this....wood still looks better with 1911 IMO...

and the flush fitting magwell grip makes the magwell looks much less out of place IMO...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...

Last edited by RacingManiac; August 18th, 2008 at 18:13..
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 18:24   #81
Andres

Gimme it plzkthx.
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 21:15   #82
the_griffinator

Oh my...that is sexy. Any idea what wood was used for the grips?
Old August 18th, 2008, 21:20   #83
RacingManiac

this is what's quoted on the eBay page...

"These grips are world class, top quality and your satisfaction is guaranteed. These grips are manufactured by a Midwest company that started out as a specialty contract shop to the gun manufacturers and has now been in the business for over 20 years, but does not advertise or use expensive packaging which would then be passed along to you, the customer, like with Eagle or Ajax grips. I can tell you that if you put these grips aside with Eagle grips, you would see no need to pay 2-3 times more for the Eagle grips. You are bidding on one pair of Stipple Checkered Colt Government Rosewood Magwell Superwood pistol grips cut for the ambidextrous safety. Superwoods are made from pressure impregnated natural woods. The phenolic impregnation goes completely through the wood. This Superwood is buffed to a high gloss without a spray finish. This Superwood is the best performing material combining functionality and beauty in the same grip. The Superwood is stronger and more durable than other wood grips. The beautiful stipple checkering on these classic gun grip panels is stunning. Enhance the value of your Colt 1911 Government Model with these beautiful ambi cut Rosewood Magwell Superwood pistol grips. These grips will also fit all Government Model clones, including the Kimber with the ambidextrous safety. Personal checks are accepted, but must clear before any item is shipped. Your credit card is accepted through Paypal. Thank you for bidding!! Shipping is via USPS Priority Mail. "

doesn't mean a whole lot to me....all I know is they look right...lol

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 21:31   #84
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Holeeeey fuck. You've created a masterpiece my friend.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 21:42   #85
Optimus88

man, I need money, and a job in the states... I's so jealous. good job, it's amazing.
Optimus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 23:23   #86
the_griffinator

Mmm...rosewood. This thing makes want to sell my all my WA pistols so I can fund a TM 1911 build. As if the hicapa wasn't enough of a money pit already. Good stuff man.
Old August 19th, 2008, 00:44   #87
BadMrFrosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
That's why you don't load through the feed lip and follow the instruction manual by loading from the bottom. There's a space there for that reason - restriction-free loading.
I completely understand. I always load all my magazines from the bottom.

My comment was just that RedwolfAirsoft listed the magazine capacity at 26, but I could only fit 25 when loading from the bottom. With this in mind, the only way I figured that the 26th bb could be loaded would be from the feed lip. Unless of course, the way the bb's stacked in my magazine were not the optimum configuration.

Btw, RacingManiac, you were very correct in saying that it would look much better with propper grips made with the magwell in mind. Definitely a much smoother look to it over all. I will definitely need to reconsider whether I will get the Nova MSH with the integrated magwell.

Last edited by BadMrFrosty; August 19th, 2008 at 00:48.. Reason: Added
BadMrFrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:11   #88
R1Style

I'm not a wood grip fan but wow... that looks amazing
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:32   #89
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMrFrosty View Post
My comment was just that RedwolfAirsoft listed the magazine capacity at 26, but I could only fit 25 when loading from the bottom. With this in mind, the only way I figured that the 26th bb could be loaded would be from the feed lip. Unless of course, the way the bb's stacked in my magazine were not the optimum configuration.
Watch to see how your 2nd BB falls in to the stack when you're only getting a load of 25, to the left or to the right. Switch it to the other side and you should be able to get the full 26.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 14:09   #90
skalnok

wow thats amazing looking.
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media