Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My TM Hi-Capa 5.1

:

Airsoft Media

Old December 8th, 2007, 20:13   #16
RacingManiac

Illu's sales thread is like the best place to look for these stuff especially if you don't wanna wait...

Thanks for the comments....
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 20:20   #17
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Is the lower frame on that metal out of the box?

I've seen some Shooters Design ones that were over $200US which is pretty outragious for such a small piece....
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 20:49   #18
RacingManiac

The TM Hi-Capa 5.1 comes with pot metal lower frame, with screw on attachment rail. So it is decent to start with and a lot easier to get to a full metal state than a 1911 based gun. But the grip is plastic and unlike the 1911you can't get those nice wood/carbon/what have you grip for it. I chose to replace that frame because I like the integrated look of the build in rail, while as I've said the frame from my base gun were pretty used in its look.
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:04   #19
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I'd highly recommend the integrated rail frames if you're using your rail to mount a laser or M6 style laser aiming module. The stock rail has a tendancy to move around a bit, which affects aiming accuracy, whereas the fixed rail of the integrated rail frame always holds true.

That's the reason why I had them on all four of my Hi-Capas...
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:13   #20
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
I'd highly recommend the integrated rail frames if you're using your rail to mount a laser or M6 style laser aiming module. The stock rail has a tendancy to move around a bit, which affects aiming accuracy, whereas the fixed rail of the integrated rail frame always holds true.

That's the reason why I had them on all four of my Hi-Capas...
Question, them intergrated rails, will they permit strike plates like the SAS silencer kit or the Face masher strike kits to bolt on to them?

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:39   #21
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous View Post
Question, them intergrated rails, will they permit strike plates like the SAS silencer kit or the Face masher strike kits to bolt on to them?
No, they will not.

All of those kits require the bolt-in holes on the bottom of the stock Marui frame.

This means that the kits also will not work on WE guns due to their integrated rails. (I've been asked this many times.)
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:49   #22
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
No, they will not.

All of those kits require the bolt-in holes on the bottom of the stock Marui frame.

This means that the kits also will not work on WE guns due to their integrated rails. (I've been asked this many times.)
Dangit, looks like I'm stuck with the screw in rails. Oh well, it was only for looks anyway as I've found I don't much like using the lazers, tac lights tend to be more useful on pistol than anything else.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 18:44   #23
RacingManiac

One of the thing I found with the SAS kit with the stock frame is that, because I am using the Socom supressor, if the mount is just a bit misaligned, the tip looks really out....it never really look true and the phillips screws just don't seem to be tight enough for the attachment...which is why I decided just to ditch the SAS kit and go with some sort of threaded barrel setup and integrated rail frame...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old December 11th, 2007, 19:57   #24
T_A_N_K

Very nice. I was thinking to do the same. I have a second hicapa with pretty much the same specs and a M6 to go with it. I was thinking of putting the stubby silencer on mine though.
T_A_N_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 20:06   #25
RacingManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_A_N_K View Post
Very nice. I was thinking to do the same. I have a second hicapa with pretty much the same specs and a M6 to go with it. I was thinking of putting the stubby silencer on mine though.
I think if you don't mind the slight fitment issue with the SD Hi-Capa chamber and the SD 1911 barrel this is a decent way to do it(and apparently some from Arnies don't have the fitment problem, maybe an isolated case with my parts?), alternatively I've seen some WE 5.1 threaded barrel around the net somewhere, don't know about their compatiblity to TM or their quality though...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old December 11th, 2007, 20:15   #26
T_A_N_K

I don't know about WE Ive heard horror stories on their 5.1 and was told to stay away. Is yours an actual M6 or a knock off? Hopefully I can get that SAS kit and silencer off that guy and put it on mine. Ill slap on the M6 and take a pic. I was wondering thought, how hard it would be to get an aftermarket tight bore and chop it down custom to make an extended hicapa barrel. Theres probably more too it though
Old December 11th, 2007, 20:26   #27
RacingManiac

there are tight bore barrels for the Hi-Capa at standard length or extended length(I have one from a PDI 7" Comp kit), though cutting a long one to your desired length shouldn't be that hard(I'd do it with a lathe though)...

My M3 light is a G&P knockoff, not the nicest I've seen....the bulb burnt out in like 3 weeks....and the plastic is pretty shitty looking. the X200 clone Huang is selling looks interesting...

I also previously have a SAS kit(still does, but its not in good shape as it has a screw missing and some wear)

This is what it looked like

You can also attach a silencer to a long inner barrel via something like the PDI kit with their set screw adapter....though I personally don't like the idea of holding any weight with the inner barrel....

As seen here, note that the SAS kit and the SD barrel that I have are both 14mm+ thread while the PDI attachment is 14mm -, as such my Marui pro silencer is useless on my current setup(14-):

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...

Last edited by RacingManiac; December 11th, 2007 at 21:27..
Old December 11th, 2007, 20:33   #28
T_A_N_K

Yeah I was thinking of getting that one too but i decided to get a real one. I believe its not compatible with surefire replacement bulbs.
Its only about 30$ more too: https://dstactical.com/product_info.php?products_id=423

I just wanted something where I could get replacement parts easily. Price includes shipping and with 7% tax it was $132.49

Can you use the stock screws for the 5.1 rail to substitute the one missing from the SAS kit?

So then that marui silencer won't work on the SAS kit correct?

Hah I have a USP Compact to I just misplaced the barrel and hopup somewhere

Last edited by T_A_N_K; December 11th, 2007 at 20:41..
Old December 11th, 2007, 21:23   #29
RacingManiac

The screw I have missing is actually a screw that attaches the "silencer block" to the rail thing....it is attached via 3 screws: 2 skinny long socket head cap screw(some really small metric size) from the front(looking down the barrel) and one on the bottom(M3 x 1 or something). The one I have missing one of the skinny one. And I can not find a replacement from even stores like Brafastco. The attachment for the rail to the frame is via the same screw as the Hi-Capa rail. Though when I got my Hi-Capa my rail was not threaded(is it like that new I don't know) and I just found the same screw thread that the SAS kit uses and tapped it as such. Those screws are in shitty shape as I am not very good with phillips head and they are pretty worn. lol...

And no, the Marui silencer will not work with the SAS kit...though I'd imagine you can probably make/find a fitting that is male 14+ to male 14 -.....as the SAS kit's female end(one that screws into the block) is 14+ as well....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...

Last edited by RacingManiac; December 11th, 2007 at 21:26..
Old December 12th, 2007, 02:31   #30
Shinjin_MC

Send a message via MSN to Shinjin_MC
you can get the real M3 bulbs as well as higher voltage batteries for the G&P M3 unit

they up the lumens by about 20 or 30 I think

I bought a few bulbs off ebay when I burnt mine out
Shinjin_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media