Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM or KJW hi-capa with co2 mags?

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 3rd, 2011, 21:12   #1
highny

TM or KJW hi-capa with co2 mags?

Hey there!

I'm thinking of getting a TM hi-capa but I have some question that's unanswer even though google search. Here goes!

Is there a CO2 mags for a TM brand hi-capa? If so, how many shots would I get out of a 12g cartage?

I know there's a few models of KJW hi-capa like kp-05 and kp-06. I had a kp-07(1911) that use a whole 12g CO2 cartage in just 31 shots so I would guess the other models are gas hog as well, am I right?

Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

PS: I want to build a race gun or secondary to my primary. Any more advice would be awesome!
highny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 22:17   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
TM/KJW/WE are cross compatible so any mags can be used between them. This includes Co2 mags.
No a TM would not be as much of a gas hog because they are usually more efficient and have plastic slides.

But I would recommend NOT using Co2 in a stock TM gun.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 23:06   #3
highny

You recommended not to use co2 on "stock" TM gun, what would you recommend I do? What type of upgrades? Also what kind of gas comception would I get out of a single CO2 cartage? Anywere near 100rds like the ksc glock co2 mag?
highny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 23:10   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
If you're going to use Co2 mags on a stock TM gun, change the plastic slide to a metal one (and probably the barrel to metal as well). Even then, Co2 will be harder on the internals and they will wear out/break faster.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; June 3rd, 2011 at 23:12..
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:17   #5
slink182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
If you're going to use Co2 mags on a stock TM gun, change the plastic slide to a metal one (and probably the barrel to metal as well). Even then, Co2 will be harder on the internals and they will wear out/break faster.
I did a little research into this (propane/GG vs CO2). To clarify Styrak's comment, CO2 is compressed at a higher pressure level in a cartridge cylinder vs propane. Higher pressure results in harder slide blowback and subsequent return. The harder kick results in higher stress on the internals and increased wear on externals. So, you *can* use CO2, but it would likely shorten the life of the stock components. Also, at the end of the day, you would need to pull the CO2 cartridge from the magazine, regardless of its fill condition, for storage. There is also the higher cost factor of CO2 cartridges compared against propane (not GG).

Upgrading components would be one way around this issue, but usually those upgrades would be performed to improve accuracy and reliability. In the end, most folks, from what I gather, use either GG or propane, with the majority using propane for cost reasons.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:22   #6
Adamlxlx

C02 has a PSI of like 180 and propane is around 120 psi. DO the math. C02 will rip apart a TM gun. Hell propane destroys TM guns.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:22   #7
Scouser

as to how many rounds? i just picked up a kp06 (thanks stryak!) and just testing it over the last couple of days, i get about 2 mags from each co2 powerlet, and thats with the mag leaking, i dont think the powerlet is sealing properly at the top

ill have to play around with it and let you know how much for sure i get out of it, once i have it fixed
Old June 4th, 2011, 10:10   #8
Jimski

I have a kjw with co2 it's the best GBB I've ever owned.
shoots further than my AEGs.

the downside is that the caps for the magazines are made in butter metal and it becomes difficult to properly seal the mag after a while, because the allen key loses its grip.
if only they used good metal.

I usually get more than two mags (70 rounds roughly) out of a double-stack co2 mag.

Last edited by Jimski; June 4th, 2011 at 10:14..
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank