Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE M16 Feeding Problems

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 3rd, 2014, 22:40   #1
Flaming Salami

WE M16 Feeding Problems

I bought a WE M16 a few months back and took it out to 1 game. I encountered some stoppages during the day but they were nothing major. At one point near the end of the skirmish day I had a stoppage that I simply could not clear. What happened was that a bb had been broken and as the bolt cycled, it crushed the bb more and more into the chamber surrounding the hop up rubber. It was near the end of the day so I packed it up and used an AEG for the remainder.

Fast forward a few weeks. I purchase a M4 style buffer tube and a 300% recoil enhanced spring. I put these in the gun and load up a magazine. I cock the gun and get ready to fire, but nothing happens. I check the stoppage and the bolt is partially forward. So I hit the forward assist a few times but it did not help. I decided to put the gun down for a while seeing as how I would be leaving the province for a few months.

When I get back two months later I notice all the bits of crushed up bbs in the chamber. So I get a small tool and remove it all. Then I put some CLP in the chamber and gave it a good clean. Again, I load a magazine, cock the gun and prepare to fire. The gun shoots, but doesn't cycle again. Instead it crushes the new bb loaded into the gun. I believed it to be a problem with my recoil spring. To troubleshoot, I dry fired the gun with only gas in the magazine. The gun cycles fine and I can shoot semi and full-auto.

My problem is, as soon as I load a bb into the magazine it gets broken in the chamber and does not feed. I think that it may be an issue with the extractor on my bolt face, but there appears to be no damage. If someone could please help me out I would greatly appreciate it! I love this gun, it is awesome and I want it to work again! Pictures can be provided if that helps.

PS my safety catch is also really loose and doesn't work too great. Any suggestions to fix that would be appreciated too!
Flaming Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 23:29   #2
redneck12

I am thinking your hop up rubber is swollen from oiling it. The hop up rubbers tend not to like being oiled heavily and they swell up, which will cause the bb to stick and then the following bb smashes into it and well u have a nice little mess. The small amount of silicone oil released from the mag is all u need. Spraying the rubbers and seals with RS cleaners is not recommended due to the differences in rubber compounds. Try replacing the hop up rubber and see if your jams resolve.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:05   #3
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

And don't be one of those guys that slathers their GBBR with silicone oil.
Synthetic grease works best for lubing the sliding parts and doesn't get blown around.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 12:26   #4
Kos-Mos

First, IT IS NOT A REAL GUN!

Never use CLP, it will damage the finish and rubbers.

NEVER USE THE FORWARD ASSIST! If there is a jam, stop and look for the issue. The bolt is partially plastic, what do you think happens when you ram the forward assist in a jam?

Lastly, your nozzle if broken. Most likely because you overfilled on of your mags and inserted it on a closed bolt. When the gun cycled, it broke the feeding tip off the nozzle. Now your nozzle only pushed the BBs out of the mags, but won't feed then, so they jam where ever there is space.

You most likely damaged other parts too. If you have no experience in fixing GBBRs, you should bring it to a gundoc that knows how the parts are supposed to look.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner