Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

2022 AK AEG choices?!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 10th, 2022, 08:46   #1
BrendanL

2022 AK AEG choices?!

Hello everyone, little quiet around here lately, hope there is still some of that knowledge here I remember.

I took a break from the game in 2016 and now looking to get back going again. I have noticed there is pretty much no more CYMA ak's compared to back in 2015 when lots of versions were in country. I was planning on grabbing a CYMA AK but the options are limited big time, I am looking for a something with a folding stock like a shorter 105, or Aks74u

Now all I am seeing is the Lancer Tactical ones, which if I can remember Lancer was not a great brand. I guess there is a new batch cause ow they come with a mosfet and full metal bodies quick change spring, hard to find any reliable reviews on them though other than one from Airsoft GI. For about $360CAD are they even worth it?

Next I see Double Bell, which I heard used to be Dboys, again very little reviews on these newer versions. These are priced lower than the Lancers, but without the mosfet. Anyone picked up one of these lately?

E&L I also see they're still kicking and prices aren't too bad in the mid $400's but they don't come with a mosfet or a quick change spring system. All I can find is the "Essential" line which seems to be a little more bare bones but still about $450.

LCT are the most expensive and have unreal externals but I do not know much about the stock internals and if it worth the price. Really I am looking for something I won't have to open the gearbox up before going to play a game.

If anyone has any input, suggestions, anything to add it would be appreciated.

Cheers!

***EDIT - I am talking guns that are in country and in stock at local retail
BrendanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2022, 09:24   #2
tvw

Good day. Seems you have done your research, as you have listed in order is pretty much how they go. CYMA has brought up quality in the last 15 years, recently had the 040H (74U) and for the price I was not overly excited. I have no personal experience with the Lancer tactical line tho at that price point i would be spending the extra $100 on a E&L. I have had great experience with the Arcturus line of Ak's, tho they both needed small adjustment out the box. LCT are bang on for the externals and have been hit or miss with the internals.

-Random food for thought-

-Back in the day CYMA was a company I would not ever consider, my brain still has a hard time getting past that.

-Arcturus AK01 out of the box needed the barrel DEEP cleaned, tho I had a extra sitting around that went in. This rifle did not need anything after that and served me well for 2 seasons.

-Arcturus AK06 out of the box needed the motor adjusted ^Up into the gearbox. Pull the pistol grip, adjust a small Allen key until motor and gears sounded happy.

-Arcturus AR03 (PDW AR Syle) amazing gun out of the box. This had a metal rotary hop which many of the current productions don't.

-CYMA 040H, this gun off a battery just did not perform as I would have wanted if running AEG. Swapped a kythera in it, still was not happy. The overall build quality is just not the same as what I have accustomed myself to.

-E&L line up. Our local shop has recently acquired a batch of E&L AK's. These rifles feel on par with LCT and arcturus externally. Back in the day E&L was on par with LCT and I feel this still stands. Others may agree or say different.

In the end whatever your budget allows will get you the external quality and build. I almost feel like every AK AEG has its downfall and finding a perfect rifle.. well in Russia rifle finds you. If you want a non standard looking AK, not have to sink money into front rails or optic mounts, take a look at the arcturus line. If you want traditional, step into an E&L or if you can stretch the budget grab a LCT.

Try before you buy. If you can go see the rifles in person I highly suggest. Feel them out, check the barrel for corrosion/debris, if the shop will let you test fire, do it.

Personally I would be out for a E&L or LCT AK105!

Good luck with the search!

Pic of the current AK family Top to bottom, E&L, Arcturus and lastly LCT.

Last edited by tvw; February 10th, 2022 at 15:37.. Reason: Pic
tvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2022, 10:35   #3
DAVESAGE

Lancer as of late has stepped up their game in terms of build quality and now make half decent starter level rifles, they just acquired the license for kalashnikov USA and are going to be releasing some new rifles Ideally by end of this year. If you're looking for something on the market right now, you can't go wrong with the build quality of LCT or E&L but you will need a mosfet installed to reliably run an 11.1 lipo
DAVESAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2022, 10:50   #4
iqra
Banned

VocALign Pro Crack is a unique audio editing tool from Synchroarts that easily combines two audio signals with the click of a button. The plugin significantly speeds up the audio synchronization process and improves the quality of output. The VST plugin provides relief when mixing two vowels or backing vocals.
iqra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2022, 10:51   #5
iqra
Banned

Output Arcade VST Crack is another music composing program which is based on loop technology. According to your requirements, it works and performs. More, This is more simple which provides an easy and fast playground for the users to handle all demands of musicians and producers. VST is a famous company that provides new and latest sounds in an efficient way and techniques.
iqra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2022, 12:24   #6
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

LCT and E&L are both good choices. Overall LCTs are better, better internals, less rust-prone, better finish. E&L on the other hand have thicker steel so they are a bit thougher and heavier. At the same price go with LCT, but if you can find a platinum E&L much cheaper than a LCT its also a good deal. Just stay away from the E&L essentials, they are low end crap made from parts that failed QA for their high end guns.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2022, 14:22   #7
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

LCT for sure. These days it's not hard to find a used one for a decent price in the classifieds.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2022, 12:04   #8
Ratters

AK choices

LCT for out of the box reliability ( some plastic hop units have been molded skewed but qc has improved over the years. Finish is the most accurate to Russian Federation Black

Steel bodied Cyma (VFC)

Real Sword (third place because of lack of availability, high price point and proprietary internals) CHICOM spec

E&L (PPS) because out of the box airseal issues are common until solved with V3, readily available parts to solve. Finish is blued

MAG brand, VFC, G&P magazines are the best choices for cross platform fitment

Unless listed as 11.1 lipo ready, use caution as your motor brushes will wear quickly and trigger contacts with burn. Installing mosfets will help significantly otherwise use lower voltage batteries
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion