Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Accuracy Pneumatic Shooting - APS Products

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 19th, 2010, 16:27   #1
Guges Mk3

Accuracy Pneumatic Shooting - APS Products

I got 3 guns from WGC, one AK and 2 AR's.

They are absolutely OXYMORON AEG's.

They should be called - Another Piece of "Poo" - APS

I really knew better, but some of the idealistic optimist on teh national boards were rubbing off on me...now that bug is over. Back to my old self.

APS Products, found on WGC's - Accuracy Pneumatic Shooting. I think they are buying CA cosmetic rejects.

They are NOT accurate, they are barely pneumatic, (under 280fps with .20, my GBB's shoot harder and more accurately) and its not shooting...it more of a lobbing.

The AK first.

Looks good don't it...I got fooled by the WGC pictures the AK. Top cover rattle like a tin can, poor finishing and it does not fit properly.

Major gaps...all the screws that I inspect were loose, they didn't even hand tighten any of them.

Built from spare part rejects?

Left side view.

The surprise...wiring was top-notch...really, really surprising.

The CQBR AR

Surprisingly this was better assembled then the AK.

The upper receiver is plastic, the lower is painted metal. The RIS/RAS fore grip is decent, but the mounting hardware is lacking any pins to hold it in place.

Neither AEG has a working hop-up
Both had terrible compression, if any.
Both are simulated blow back, yes the friggen bolt carrier doors slaps back and forwards making a KACK, KACK, KACK noise, a real loud KACK, KACK, KACK noise.

It was strange that WGC did not have a disclaimer about these AEG's when they sent them.

Final verdict - DO NOT BUY!

I can get more for these things as parts then as a whole working gun.
Guges Mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 16:32   #2
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
You expected more from clone garbage?
I hope your not mistaking APS (Airsoft Practical Shooting) (Bolt actions) with (Accuracy Pnumatic Shooting) (Chinese Clone Garbage)

You get what you pay for.
You didnt even get a reputable clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guges Mk3 View Post
I think they are buying CA cosmetic rejects.
Dont Diss up CA like that.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 16:34   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Wow.
Strange that the M4 is plastic upper and metal lower...usually it's the opposite.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 01:51   #4
Aurelien

I've come to airsoft from ram, using the piece of shit markers APS makes. I certainly wouldnt go near these with a 10 foot pole.
Old August 20th, 2010, 02:19   #5
Skorpion

Expensive clones... great!

Thanks for the advice Guges
Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 09:58   #6
Guges Mk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
You expected more from clone garbage?
I hope your not mistaking APS (Airsoft Practical Shooting) (Bolt actions) with (Accuracy Pnumatic Shooting) (Chinese Clone Garbage)

You get what you pay for.
You didnt even get a reputable clone.

Dont Diss up CA like that.
I know Maruzen's APS system from APS the HK Airsoft parts assembly company.

I have an extensive relationship with many HK retailers. Well, one of them said good things about them. Me being skeptical asked for 3 samples, "cheap". They provided, and now I am reaming them about it. They wanted an honest answer...they got one.
Guges Mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:08   #7
Skorpion

I think they should have writen "honest answer" instead of honest answer (without "")

I suspected about the quality of APS when ehobbyasia user in arnies airsoft said "they were not impressed" by them, thats a bad answer coming from any retailer lol
Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:29   #8
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Some retailer in HK particularly the shady ones that are in it just for the money don't give a shit I've seen some custom POS that were made with a sleu of mix and match parts, shoots hard but it lasted about 1/2 a high cap before shit started to fall aparts literally.....first the grip and motor fell then when that was fixed the metal body cracked from the repeat hammering vibrations of teh mechbox, when we open it up we found that teh internals of the metal body been dremmeled to shits. Buyer beware buy from a reputable company and only buy reputable brand, Airsoft and going cheap are not a good mix
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:20   #9
Polyshot

Sorry for necroposting, but Guges Mk3 can you please make the pics available again? One of my friends is looking to buy the APS craps and I think I need to stop him from doing just that!
Polyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 23:37   #10
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Hey there,

Besides the ASC member Guges Mk3 does anyone else have experience with APS guns? I looked up reviews and could only find Guges Mk3's multiple posts of his bad experience with APS in 2 other forums.

Then I found a relatively modest review here as well:
APS AK74 full steel/wood with blowback - Zero In : Airsoft Forums

I realize for the low price it is at Ehobby it may be either a shitty or good clone. I miss the days of D-boys those were probably the most solid clones I have ever used especially the Dboy AKS74U.

Anyway any thoughts?

On a side note: NECROing like a noob... Haven't done that in awhile

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:07   #11
ACCL
* AV Suspended Pending Trade Dispute *

i actually have a APS M4 and i found it to be quite reliable i tihnk. You might have gotten a lemon? Or maybe i was lucky. The blowback is pretty cool and the full metal body is a plus. I duno about you guys but i actually really like it. The stock internals are kinda crappy but i've swapped out everything.
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:38   #12
Republican Kid

Got an APS ASR101. The gun is beautiful when you swap out the 6.08 with a tightbore and a new hopup. The gun came in pieces when i recieved it and I had to assemble it myself. I quickly realized after two weeks of trying to get the thing working, the gun was incapable of firing without the assistance of an 11.1 LiPo. This is partially due to the fact that APS is using polycarbonate bushings and has no shimming on the gears straight from the factory. Sounds really shitty but to my surprise, it keeps the gears spinning at an acceptable rate with no overshoot, meaning that my piston is in immaculate shape after firing thousands of rounds downrange. A little bit of threadlock on the blowback cover will solve the loose vibration problem. Great price for a gun and I would highly recommend this gun IF YOU DON'T MIND SPENDING THE TIME AND MONEY UPGRADING!

I recently ordered a madbull liscenced Daniel Defense MK18 ris2 and a madbull ultimate hopup. I needed to get the specialty die to thread the bugger and the hopup took a bit of shaving at the fins, so compatability with madbull, apart from the tightbore, is a little time consuming. However, well worth the time and effort despite the odds.

I have not seen anyone else with an APS so I cannot comment about 'Guges MK3's' APS. He could either of had a lemon or I could have a jem. If I had the choice to but another APS i would buy it without hesitation. Hope this helps, and sorry for commenting on a slightly necro'd post!

Cheers

AK-47, G&G SCAR-L,
TM P90, APS ASR101 M4A1, TSD VSR-10, SIG SAUER P226 X-Five...
Republican Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion