Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Galil GBBR

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 27th, 2011, 21:14   #1
SuperCriollo

Galil GBBR

My airsoft dream come true... and is priecy lol.

http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/o...ifle-pre-order

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 21:20   #2
TheAngrySniper
Prolapsed Rectum

Send a message via MSN to TheAngrySniper Send a message via Skype™ to TheAngrySniper

TheAngrySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 21:21   #3
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Daytonagun is great one of the best new guns based on the classic style of Gas guns.

But honestly from my experience Remoteline gas guns like that are fun to shoot but when parts break its hard to source. The parts are steel and will never break but Daytonagun has a big flaw in which the screws that hold the parts together break easily.

I had my Daytonagun AKs74U bolt screws break twice. The bolt itself did not break but the screws that held the bolt together broke. The parts itself can outlast any GBBR on the market but the screws that hold the piece together are not made well.

The only way to alleviate this problem is creating the Bolt with interlocking pieces instead of it being held together by 2 screws.

You are better off with normal GBBRs on the market. They may not be as strong but you will find it easier to find help on fixing the gun as well as parts too.

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:05   #4
moz_boz
hates all f'n Americans

Just curious...and don't know much about GBBRs. But, what do they mean "AEG Mag compatible"? Doesn't the gas go in the mag?
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:56   #5
Sim123456

Means that the gaz come from an external rig
Sim123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:03   #6
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve View Post
Daytonagun is great one of the best new guns based on the classic style of Gas guns.

But honestly from my experience Remoteline gas guns like that are fun to shoot but when parts break its hard to source. The parts are steel and will never break but Daytonagun has a big flaw in which the screws that hold the parts together break easily.

I had my Daytonagun AKs74U bolt screws break twice. The bolt itself did not break but the screws that held the bolt together broke. The parts itself can outlast any GBBR on the market but the screws that hold the piece together are not made well.

The only way to alleviate this problem is creating the Bolt with interlocking pieces instead of it being held together by 2 screws.

You are better off with normal GBBRs on the market. They may not be as strong but you will find it easier to find help on fixing the gun as well as parts too.
I just went to fastenal and buy better screws instead... It always helps when you buy a package of 100... never worry about it again (I did it to all my set screws)
as for the seller, OPFORCE... he bloody sucks comms. You think EBAirsoft is bad? wait till you see this guy.
I order spare hose kit in september 21st of 2010, today I'm still sorting through it.
Old January 28th, 2011, 11:35   #7
SuperCriollo

I wonder if it has a functional righth handed fire selector like the Scort version.

YouTube - GALIL AR.223 GAS-BLOWBACK ASSAULT RIFLE

SuperCriollo
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:00   #8
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
I just went to fastenal and buy better screws instead... It always helps when you buy a package of 100... never worry about it again (I did it to all my set screws)
as for the seller, OPFORCE... he bloody sucks comms. You think EBAirsoft is bad? wait till you see this guy.
I order spare hose kit in september 21st of 2010, today I'm still sorting through it.
I CONCUR...... Ian of OpForce is terrible. Talk to Justin of Daytonagun directly if you want things done. He sent me screws free of charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz_boz View Post
Just curious...and don't know much about GBBRs. But, what do they mean "AEG Mag compatible"? Doesn't the gas go in the mag?
To give you a good understanding

GBBR - Gas Blowback Rifles

Are the current craze in Airsoft in which the gas comes from the magazine and parts are readily available every where and there is a large variety of upgrades for it that have just emerged.

That Galil is not really the same as the GBBRs like WE, WA, G&P as calling it a GBBR will get people confused. The Galil you posted is a Classic Gas Gun based on the old Airsoft guns that use to work like paintball guns in which the gas came from an external source.

How it Works
A small 6mm hose sticks out of the gun in which you use a specially designed remote line that regulates the gas from those paintball air tanks. Palmers Pursuit makes those special gas regulators which can cost up to $200. Therefore you will have constant air and do not have to buy gas magazines as you can use normal AEG magainzes

Downfalls
You will be running about carry a paintball tank on your back which to home is not that big of a burden. For me it was cause I roll, dive and do all sorts of acrobatics when playing and I find the tank keeps clanking and hitting things as I run about.

Another is the parts sourcing. If a part breaks or malfunctions you will be pretty much on your own for support there is a forum about Classic Gun owners who help each other troubleshoot the problems but at best you won't have the same technical support you would with the new current GBBRs on the market.

Advantages
Constant air from a tank is great. It will take you awhile to use up an air tank and you can set the power with the gas regulator from 300-400 FPS easily with a twist of a screw on the dial.

Authentic, it is different than all the other guns on the market. You will be pretty much the only person wit that gun on the field. And the good thing is if another person has Galil AEG mags you can share with them on the battlefield if you run out of ammo.

Mag compatibility, you can use normal AEG magazines instead of buying $50 per mag for GBBRs

Steel parts, the steel bolt and working parts are very strong. I have never seen an individual piece break besides the screw that holds the bolt together will break but the bolt itself is solid. I can use the bolt as a club cause it so solid maybe even a meat tenderizer

Anyway I think that sums it up unless Kullwarrior would like to add to that

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 22:02   #9
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve View Post

Anyway I think that sums it up unless Kullwarrior would like to add to that
Honestly you got most of it.

For the tank issue, I use 12oz CO2, if you cut a hole on the flap of a double AK pouch it will fit nicely.

The Pressure if you use single regulator will drop approx 20 psi and will take approximately 1/3- 1/2 second (depending on how cold or how long have you shoot it) to get back to your pressure. If you use a double regulator ie Palmer to 200 psi and another only to 120 psi you will get fps fluctuation around +/- 10 fps. If you have two regulator broken in it's around 5 fps (well within reasonable amount. Personally I just use 1 regulator as rapid on semi is possible but you have to jerk the trigger (it's a heavy one) 120 psi semi which equates 400fps and full auto goes to around 100 psi which is 330 or so. This is kinda nice as it helps you don't avoid lighting up someone with high fps.
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:00   #10
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
would greatly prefer if these sorts of guns had the air lone sticking out near a sling attachment point, so one could hide the line in his sling rather than having the line more capable of getting snagged on stuff.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:10   #11
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
would greatly prefer if these sorts of guns had the air lone sticking out near a sling attachment point, so one could hide the line in his sling rather than having the line more capable of getting snagged on stuff.
I used it before, didn't get snag. Going out of pistol grip is because it require the least modification of the receiver.
Old January 30th, 2011, 10:01   #12
SuperCriollo

How much does a Daytona Gun AK kit cost?

SuperCriollo
Old January 30th, 2011, 14:42   #13
ruinz00

The AK kit is $550 if I remember correctly. I checked with Ian on the 20th about the grip selector, unfortunately it does not work. It might have changed since then, but I doubt it.
Kullwarrior, how many shots do you get from a 12oz CO2 tank and what kind of range do you get from your AK?

Last edited by ruinz00; January 30th, 2011 at 17:19..
ruinz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion