:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 14th, 2008, 00:01   #16
KillerCreed
aka "Rhonda", "Gaius"

Send a message via MSN to KillerCreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Why upgrade it past XT limits? I don't think I've seen you at a single outdoor game... ever..
That is due to my being out of comission M4 until i get new parts, ak47 is available, scar has too low fps to use outdoor until increased. Also work, school, and family commitments are getting in the way of me playin outdoors
KillerCreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 13:27   #17
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
FYI, the FPS in a vfc scar is not too low for outdoor use. Ive used it twice outdoors and I get perfectly good range off of 310fps .25 KSC perfects. Thats with a 6 03 prometheus inner barrel mind you.

I told you before, you dont need a high FPS to play outdoors. Its just a bandaid solution for a lack of skill.
Old May 6th, 2008, 21:00   #18
Caped_crusadar

Send a message via AIM to Caped_crusadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekk05 View Post
FYI, the FPS in a vfc scar is not too low for outdoor use. Ive used it twice outdoors and I get perfectly good range off of 310fps .25 KSC perfects. Thats with a 6 03 prometheus inner barrel mind you.

I told you before, you dont need a high FPS to play outdoors. Its just a bandaid solution for a lack of skill.
its not just high fps, its range, and in an open field, or an area with few trees, range matters

mines only shooting 350 atm
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:48   #19
Blackspeed416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
I'm receiving mine this Tuesday as well as an AAC flash hider, 10 KA DE mags and some batteries.

My question is, can we buy a VFC SCAR hopup unit??

I'm thinking of buying another hopup unit, attaching it to the CQC barrel and therefore it would be quite easy to switch in between STD and CQC; I would only need to remove the full inner barrel assembly and replace it with the other instead of messing up with the hopup rubber each and every time.
The Hop on my 416 isn't the greatest. I would get 2 Systema Hops with the soft Guarder bucking instead.
RICO Alpha 9 Tactical Light
KM TN Teflon coated 6.04 barrel
Stock Gearbox
Systema Magnum Motor FTW!!!
Phantom Ciras
RS CAA 6 Position Retractable Stock
S Arms M4 160rd Midcap Magazines
Magpul PTS Enhanced Trigger Guard
Magpul PTS MIAD Grip Kit
Magpul Ranger Plates
NcStar Mark III Advance Tactical Compact Scope
Blackspeed416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 13:17   #20
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caped_crusadar View Post
its not just high fps, its range, and in an open field, or an area with few trees, range matters

mines only shooting 350 atm
FPS != range
FPS = the speed of which the BB gets to its target.

plus he plays on the same fields I do :P
Old May 7th, 2008, 13:21   #21
Rifleman90P

I've chronoed my own VFC SCAR-L using XT BBs, and using .20g's I'm getting about 305FPS on average, and using .25g's I'm getting about 280FPS.

Needless to say, I don't use .25's anymore as I can probably throw them further than the AEG is shooting them.

Without a doubt, my VFC SCAR-L lacks range though. I'm not decided yet how I'm going to fix this. Truth be told, I don't know enough about VFCs yet to know what will work inside it without issue.

I found it a bit disconcerting that my old stock TM M4A1 shoots better than my VFC Scar-L for distance so that was certainly a bit of a let down.

Anyhow, I'm definitely looking forward to enhancing my SCAR's ability to shoot at range as it's currently pronounced lack of range is really a detriment to what I otherwise consider to be a pretty decent AEG.

Cheers!
Brian
Old May 7th, 2008, 13:53   #22
Zekk05

Brian: dont use XT BBs to gauge quality of the gun. theyre using cheap BBs. and its the reason your FPS is so low. I had the same problem with my C7A2. Whether it was this thread, or another on ASC, Kevorkian mentioned that he chronoed ~+20fps on his VFC SCAR simply by using KSC Perfects instead of the XT brand.

all Ive done with my SCAR was swapped in a 6.03 tighbore (prometheus) which added about 8 (+-2) fps to the gun, and its shooting just fine for outdoor play in Manitoba. Accurate bursts, healthy rate of fire, Im not even sure I want to put a stronger spring in! The only other part I plan to swap is to put a guarder hop up rubber in there.

If you need any help with the SCAR, let me know. Ive disassembled it entirely about 10 times in the past week (maybe more even) so Ive got a good understanding of the rifle as it is.
Old May 7th, 2008, 14:14   #23
Danke

I'm very happy with mine outside in BC right now.

The only issue I have is a battery one, the Intellect 8.6x1400 I got along with just does not seem to take a charge. I've tried all the tricks to bring it to life and it just drops dead.

If I trickle it overnight I can get maybe an hour of play out of it. If I trickle it overnight and plug it in a day later it's dead.

This is the replacement I'm thinking. http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=23543
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 14:47   #24
Zekk05

Last game I taped a large battery to the side and it worked like a charm!

mini batteries just dont have enough juice
Old May 7th, 2008, 15:51   #25
Cosmonaut 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekk05 View Post
Brian: dont use XT BBs to gauge quality of the gun. theyre using cheap BBs. and its the reason your FPS is so low.
I completely disagree. That doesn't even make sence. XT uses Airsoft Elite brand BBs. Yes they come in a 25kg bag, but they are the same BBs you get in the AE brand bags. The only difference is that XT brand BBs are better value as you get 1000 more BBs and its cheaper. I have tight bores in 3 of my guns, and all I've ever used is XT brand BBs. Not to mention the MP7 I owned that had a 6.01 and for the whole time I owned it, I didn't have a single jam.
Cosmonaut 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 16:04   #26
Zekk05

Ive never had any Jams with AE BB's either. but both with one of my rifles, and another persons, theres been drastic FPS differences going from AE to KSC Perfects.
Old May 7th, 2008, 20:00   #27
Caped_crusadar

Send a message via AIM to Caped_crusadar
here i can buy the low grade bbs, 5000 for $10, and in my 6.03 tightbore there haven't been any jams, when i put in my 6.01 i use KSC perfect bbs though

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications