Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

DIY Cornershot

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old July 18th, 2009, 00:41   #16
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
it never did work properly as the curved barrel caused the bullets to deform but it might work with Airsoft.
It DID work, its just the barrel will get worn really quickly, 45 and 60 degrees are made. They last 600 and 300 rounds respectively. Never heard of the bullet getting deformed
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:14   #17
Dracheous
Lego Head

Where's T7 when you want someone to get bold enough to duck tape a pistol to a stick, with a string on the trigger... wait... I wonder if I have any duck tape here... hmmm

to be continued...

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 02:21   #18
lemegacool

ok so basically since we are in a technique/ procedure thread would you allow someone to play with a diy GBB cornershot (with the little camera, some sort of aiming dot, folding screen, ir leds for night)

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 10:52   #19
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemegacool View Post
ok so basically since we are in a technique/ procedure thread would you allow someone to play with a diy GBB cornershot (with the little camera, some sort of aiming dot, folding screen, ir leds for night)
I would be all for that, If somebody brought it to a game I would demand they used it. though you'll always have the some guys who spent $2000+ on their guns who will yell "blind firing GAHHH" simply because with >$2000 they couldn't do what somebody else can with <$500 + some ingenuity.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 13:28   #20
Endymion

It's not blind firing if you can actually see what you're shooting at. If you're using a device that allows you to see precisely where your muzzle is pointed and where your BBs are going, then it isn't blind firing. However, if you turn your gun sideways to "curve" BBs around a corner with your hop-up, how do you know you haven't just burst 15 rounds into a player's face?
Endymion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 14:05   #21
dutchydoc

Send a message via MSN to dutchydoc
I built a device and used it once at the mill on my M4. Took the wireless monitor from a car back up camera, and a wireless security camera from Canadian Tire. I mounted the cam to the bottom rails on my ris with an old Acog mount. I attached velcro to the monitor, and velcro on either side of my stock. Put a dot on the screnn where the BB's were hitting about 30 feet out. Worked allright..didnt have a great battery running the setup, so only used it about ten minutes. I also soldered a female RCA connector to the input of the screen. This allowed me to use another wired cam on a little telescoping pole (old antenna), to look around and over objects..I used the later at the LZ once with some positive results. Also tried the actual camera from the car back up system, they are all wide angle so great in a building not good out doors. The "Tango" is much to small with the wide angle lens at distance.

Last edited by dutchydoc; July 18th, 2009 at 14:08..
dutchydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 21:19   #22
Reckless

I was just gonna say... I could build a corner shot for IIRC under $200 of stuff from CND tire and a 11.1V lipo

I think I'm gonna add that to my list.... ofcourse without really any urban combat field here... it's a back burner thing

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 13:33   #23
lemegacool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchydoc View Post
I built a device and used it once at the mill on my M4. Took the wireless monitor from a car back up camera, and a wireless security camera from Canadian Tire. I mounted the cam to the bottom rails on my ris with an old Acog mount. I attached velcro to the monitor, and velcro on either side of my stock. Put a dot on the screnn where the BB's were hitting about 30 feet out. Worked allright..didnt have a great battery running the setup, so only used it about ten minutes. I also soldered a female RCA connector to the input of the screen. This allowed me to use another wired cam on a little telescoping pole (old antenna), to look around and over objects..I used the later at the LZ once with some positive results. Also tried the actual camera from the car back up system, they are all wide angle so great in a building not good out doors. The "Tango" is much to small with the wide angle lens at distance.
i planned using a cheap wired spy cam and a 2"-3" car lcd monitor with a bunch of ir leds for low light visibility and a custom abs fairing... total cost would be less than 200$
yep i'm re-adding this to my project list... gonna have to finish the ones i started first lol

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 00:02   #24
MeatStick

Why not work in a 12v camera like this?

Small head and lenses, flexible shaft and rechargeable batteries. Plus lights on the end.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ordless+System
Old July 20th, 2009, 00:12   #25
dutchydoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatStick View Post
Why not work in a 12v camera like this?

Small head and lenses, flexible shaft and rechargeable batteries. Plus lights on the end.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ordless+System
That thing is a little cumbersome, plus the lights on it are kind of a target. Would be a neat device to use for looking under doors and such though. The one I built is a real easy build, and its under 200 bucks by far.
Old July 20th, 2009, 00:41   #26
Wilson

Why are people so afraid of getting hit? Jesus... Get out there and FIGHT!
Old July 20th, 2009, 04:56   #27
Con Murder

So nerf used to have a gun that did corner shots, it had a mirror on the barrel. When it turned (the front 5 inches of the barrel) it moved so you could see around the 90 degree corner with the mirror at 45 degrees. Make sense? Well thats nerfs answere.
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 23:30   #28
dutchydoc

Hey threw up the shit I used http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ght=diy+corner Make me an offer!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures