Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Vietnam
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Recondo School Pre-registration Starts 1 FEB 2007!

:

Vietnam

Old January 30th, 2007, 03:44   #1
hellmutt

Recondo School Pre-registration Starts 1 FEB 2007!

The most anticipated NW Airsoft event is back!

Mark off your calandars for AUG 17,18,19,20 because it is time to go back to the sh*t. Limited spots available - so register early! Registration will begin 1 FEB 2007.

Registration will require a $20 non-refundable deposit with the rest due before the event. We have increased the course by a full day and we have added more staff! This year will be bigger and better then last year. If you are kicking yourself for not going last year - you'll dig yourself a grave if you miss this one!

REGISTRATION OPENS 1 FEB 2007!

See you there! www.battlesim.com
hellmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 04:23   #2
hellmutt

1. What is RECONDO school and how is it different from most airsoft events?

RECONDO school is not a "game" but rather a simulation of a Army school in Vietnam in the late 1960s. The focus is on learning, training and practicing.

RECONDO School is a intensive course that doubles as a period Vietnam event. The course work simulates some of the content of the real Vietnam era RECONDO school. Its' focus is to teach participants how to perform and excel at a variety of tasks such as patrolling, recon, re-act to contact, ambushing, and how to plan and execute a mission.

2. Who can come to RECONDO? Is there an age limit?

Participants under 16 may only come with permission from the game staff. Participants under 18 must be sponsored in by staff or a RECONDO grad. If you sponsor a participant you will be responsible for them during the event.

RECONDO is open to everyone but due to the physical nature of the event it is suggested that participants be in decent physical shape. This is a continuos event and it is very grueling not only physically but psychologically. You may be asked to perform for 16+ hours at a time. MASTER RECONDO participants may be asked to perform for 24+ hours at a time.

3. What are the uniform and weapon requirements?

You must have an approved Vietnam impression. For the most part last year's guidelines will remain the same. We won't turn away anyone who is making a good faith effort but we will not allow modern items such as Woodland camo, non-Vietnam era weapons (we will allow some such as M4s, AK74s but they must be a modern variant of a Vietnam era weapon - so no G36s, P90s, etc)

There are aggressive magazine restrictions. We strive for realism as much as possible and real caps are highly encouraged. We will allow standards and mid caps but please no high cap magazines.

4. Can I bring a . . .

If you have questions about what you can and cannot bring - post them here in the forums. We are fairly flexible as long as you provide proof that what "it" is it was around in Vietnam in the 1960s. What we don't want is people bringing a bright blue tent with a multi-cam backpack and ACU web gear. Remember, this is Vietnam.

5. What do I have to bring?

A complete packing list will be posted months before the event and will be similar to last year. Basically you will need to bring everything that you need to live and fight for 4 days in the jungle. This means water, uniform, a change of dry clothes, food, flashlight, toiletries, etc. You will NOT need to bring a tent.

6. What about food?

Be prepared to live for 4 days. There may be some food/water available but you will need to make sure you have enough to survive. We will not be too far from civilization (8-10 miles) but you will likely not get a chance to go there other then before and after the event.

7. How many people are getting in?

There are currently 48 slots open. This includes both MASTER RECONDO and RECONDO school. Those who get their deposits in first will be put on the Registered list. Those who do not make the first cut will be put on a waiting list for those who drop out.

8. How do deposits work?

We want to make sure that people who sign up are coming. That means there is a $20 non-refundable deposit. This deposit helps to provide our operating budget and ensure that the money we spend on a player is covered even if he/she does not make it. We spend on average 4-5 hours on each participant before they come to the event.

If you cannot make it FOR ANY REASON we will not refund the deposit. We understand that sometimes people cannot make it for a variety of reasons but we spend money and time on players who sign up. That time and money that cannot be recovered if the player does not make it. If you are not okay with this, then all we can do is suggest that you wait to sign up but we will not be able to guarantee you a spot.

9. Who is going to be teaching?

All of our primary cadre are either RECONDO qualified, Ranger qualified or both. Some assistants cadre may be former graduates or have other qualifications that will be disclosed before the event. There will not be any 15 year old instructors who had to "do a lot of push ups" in order to get a teaching position.

Primary cadre will likely include Capt. John Robison, Sgt Josh Warren (actually now a ROTC cadet), Matt Deeds, Ken Jorgenson and 1st SGT Everett Cole. Other instuctors and special guests will be announced as the event draws near.

10. What should I expect?

Expect to be pushed to the limit. The school is designed to test your limits and improve your skills. RECONDO graduates are distinctive in the airsoft community. They are often recognized as leaders at larger, national events such as OP: Irene and OP: Hac Bao. You will be challenged to say the least.

Here's a taste from last year: http://www.battlesim.com/RTJ.mp4

11. What is MASTER RECONDO?

Master RECONDO is an optional course option for returning graduates. It will be INTENSIVE and will involved realistically scaled missions that will last 12-24hrs non-stop. ONLY RECONDO grads will be allowed to attempt a MASTER RECONDO certification.

Only 75% of MASTER RECONDO participants will be awarded with a MASTER RECONDO badge. Attending the course is not enough to pass. The guidelines will be MUCH harder then the regular RECONDO SCHOOL.

12. Why the cost increase?

Because it is a day longer and we will have more cadre and staff. Beyond that, what else can you do for $30 a day that is better then this? If you can come up with an answer, RECONDO might not be for you.

13. What can I do to get ready?

Research. Read. Learn. Be ready to play the role of a soldier in Vietnam. Learn the slang, research the history. . . basically get into character and be ready to go back to the 'NAM!

14. How can I be sure to get in?

Sign up. Quickly. Based on initial response we expect the event to be sold out by Feb 2. If we have enough response, we *may* increase the class size or hold a secondary event. We want to deliver the same high quality experience for each player and we can only do that by making sure that we keep the class size small.

Final words:

RECONDO is not for everyone. This is not a "super bowl" event or an event for the casual player. The average RECONDO participant is extremely interested in Vietnam, owns or is planning on buying Vietnam kit and seeks an immersive environment where planning is more important then trigger time.

We don't care how fast your gun shoots. We don't care how high speed your gear is. We don't care if you can shoot the wings off a fly at 150 feet with a .28 bb. We care that you have the heart, determination and will to learn how to become a better player. We care that you want to learn more about Vietnam and the brave soldiers who fought there. We care that you are focused on attempting to do the amazing and extraordinary tasks that LRRPs had to do on a daily basis.

This is not some marketing ploy. We really mean what we said above. Our event is about teamwork and learning how to become more then a sum of your parts. It is about rising above the tension, pain and tiredness that you will experience. It is about the thrill of achieving your mission with everyone coming home alive. It is about the rush of knowing that your sacrifice makes a difference in the larger picture. In a word our RECONDO is about honor.
Old January 31st, 2007, 04:45   #3
Barf
Official ASC News Anchor

I'm too lazy right now. I'll wait for Poncho or Grey to post about the logic of posting an American airsoft event on a Canadian board and the logistical nightmare of trying to smuggle your guns back across the border.

Click For chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspasm
"Did someone lose a condom, I found it in my shit"
Lightfighter can suck my cock. Fuckin' thieves!

Barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 09:35   #4
Vince

I'd go for sure, but the only problem for us Canadian is crossing the border with an AEG. I don't know if you rent some guns or I can buy a gun stateside?
Old January 31st, 2007, 14:25   #5
hellmutt

We rent weapons. Always have, always will. We routinely get participants from all over the world.

Our last event had participants from the UK (this was last weekend). They have many of the same issues that Canada has with weapon restrictions. They had to rent AEGs. Cost them $35 to rent a M1 Garrand AEG for the entire weekend. RECONDO school will have participants from the UK and Sweden this year and might have participants from Mexico and Denmark as well. Would love to add Canada to the list of countries who make our events but every time we post something here, someone has to mention that they cannot get AEGs over the border. We are aware of that and we can help.

I suppose we should likely stop posting here in Canada as we have gotten a very cold response in general. Considering that those in the Vancouver, B.C. area are less then 2 hours away from most of our events, we thought there might be interest. We apologize.
Old January 31st, 2007, 15:01   #6
Vince

I'd be very interested to come. What is the total cost of the weekend?
My Nam gear is only waiting for the winter to end!
Old January 31st, 2007, 15:26   #7
DocDodge

Gee, that's familiar.
Oh yeah, 30+ years ago when I was getting $326.10 a month as a buck private.
Old January 31st, 2007, 15:38   #8
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmutt View Post
We rent weapons. Always have, always will. We routinely get participants from all over the world.

Our last event had participants from the UK (this was last weekend). They have many of the same issues that Canada has with weapon restrictions. They had to rent AEGs. Cost them $35 to rent a M1 Garrand AEG for the entire weekend. RECONDO school will have participants from the UK and Sweden this year and might have participants from Mexico and Denmark as well. Would love to add Canada to the list of countries who make our events but every time we post something here, someone has to mention that they cannot get AEGs over the border. We are aware of that and we can help.

I suppose we should likely stop posting here in Canada as we have gotten a very cold response in general. Considering that those in the Vancouver, B.C. area are less then 2 hours away from most of our events, we thought there might be interest. We apologize.
Oh Im sure lots of guys would be interested its just the gun laws etc up here get pounded into our brains that its all we can think of some times. Plus the freezing temperatures around here do tend to leave us a bit numb. If you post that you have rentals etc im sure you will get a canuck presence. Thanks for thinking of us though, I would like to see MORE cross border gaming in the future.
Old January 31st, 2007, 22:38   #9
hellmutt

Thanks guys. We really want to see our Northern brothers!

Oh by the way. . .registration is open:

http://www.battlesim.com/recondoregistration.html
Old January 31st, 2007, 23:08   #10
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
What about Oz?
http://www.darkaperture.com/gallery/...rceCharger/aoa

Sorry, I could not resist.

Love to attend but spent all my money on gear.
Saw piccies fm last year, bonzer event.
All the best

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 23:52   #11
hellmutt

Half of the available slots have been taken in the first hour.
Old February 1st, 2007, 01:39   #12
hellmutt

14 slots left.
Old February 1st, 2007, 11:10   #13
hellmutt

All 48 slots have been taken. We are allowing an extra 6 more registrations before we move to a waiting list.
Old February 1st, 2007, 13:52   #14
hellmutt

RECONDO SCHOOL IS SOLD OUT!

We sold out in just under 12 hours. Thanks everyone!

If you are interested in getting on the WAITING LIST, we require a $10 REFUNDABLE deposit. This means if you don't get in, you will get your $10 back. If you do get in, the $10 will be credited toward he $20 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. With 7 months until the event, there is a good chance that there will be people who will drop out.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Vietnam