Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

PCr in Type 07

:

Name this Continent... ASIA!

Old October 20th, 2013, 16:08   #1
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
PCr in Type 07

Hey all,

So I've scanned this section of the forum pretty meticulously on where I can get gear printed in Type 07. I'm trying to get as accurate a loadout as possible, and even though a fair amount of the images on most of the threads are down, I've gotten a decent idea of what to look for.

Now, I'm a huge Plate Carrier guy. I love them, way more than webbing or vests and stuff like that. I also know (Or at least, to the extent of my knowledge I think I know) that the PLA does not issue PCrs in Type 07, or indeed any colour besides Black (VBSS for the Marines and other things for Beijing SWAT, etc.).

But, I thought I saw Huang post a picture of a repro PC printed in Type 07. I have searched teh interwebs for that model, but I haven't found anything. Does anyone have info on the Plate Carrier?

If not, I could also settle for a Type 06 vest, but it seems to be somewhat rare surplus. I can't find any with Google, and I can't read Chinese that well (Can only speak, but that doesn't help me online) so Baidu and such are somewhat inaccessible for me. Can anyone help me with that one as well? It seems from general consensus that the rig is exceedingly hard to find and generally unavailable.

I saw the Type 01 and 02 vests (or at least what I think are Type 01/2) on Royal Tiger, but I really don't like static rigs and webbing. But does the PLA still use those? And are the ones RT sell legit surplus? I don't think I've seen pictures of PLA wearing T01/2 but that just might be because I'm stupid.

So basically, TL;DR can anyone help with the Type 06 and Repro Type 07 PCr because I have hit a dead end.

Thanks in advance!
"-----------\_*_\

Last edited by JLiang; October 20th, 2013 at 16:12..
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2013, 16:10   #2
JLiang

Separate note: Does anyone know if the kneepads the PLA wears are in Type 07, or the earlier Type 87? I've seen pictures of people with woodland-esque pads, but there are some pictures also of what looks like T07 that I can't really discern from the image.
"-----------\_*_\
Old October 20th, 2013, 17:54   #3
ccyg8774

There is a CPLA vest, which is very similar to the OTV, but in 07 camo, called "06式特种兵防弹背心" I guess that is what you mean by 06 vest?

The 06 vest is very hard to find. All CPLA current using gear are hard to find in nature. I know some guys have it but it was difficult for them to get it and I don't think they will be willing to sell it.

The 02 vest is for paratrooper.

There is something works with 06 vest that works like the FLC to the OTV, called "06式携行具" (Type 06 LBV). That is similar to a FLC, that is Molle compatible, so you can configure it. That is slightly easier to find than the 06 OTV-cpoy vest.

There is another type of vest, which is basically a type 95 LBV in 07 camo, and the 95 is a LBV 88 web gear copy. Not molle configurable, but easier to find.
Old October 20th, 2013, 17:58   #4
ccyg8774

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiang View Post
Separate note: Does anyone know if the kneepads the PLA wears are in Type 07, or the earlier Type 87? I've seen pictures of people with woodland-esque pads, but there are some pictures also of what looks like T07 that I can't really discern from the image.
They have been using all kinds of kneepads, some are probably just the cheapest airsoft kneepad in random woodland camo that they brought from random places. I also remember seen in a more recent picture that they have 07-camo knee pads which looks like standard issued. No idea what that is called but I think you can just use any woodland knee pad as they don't have a standard knee pad untill relatively recent.
Old October 20th, 2013, 19:15   #5
JLiang

Thank you so much for the info!

I'm assuming this is what you meant by the type 95 LBV?
http://www.royaltigergear.com/produc...oducts_id=1034

If so, why is this one cheaper? Quality, I assume?
http://www.royaltigergear.com/produc...oducts_id=1041

And I found this: http://www.royaltigergear.com/produc...oducts_id=1040
It looks to be some sort of 'slick' PC. Is this issued kit?

Sorry for incessant questioning >_<
"-----------\_*_\
Old October 20th, 2013, 20:46   #6
ccyg8774

http://www.royaltigergear.com/produc...oducts_id=1034
Yes, this is that I meant by Type 95 LBV in 07 camo. (The orginal Type 95 LBV is in old 87 camo). I can't tell if this is an orginal issued one or a good replica. You may ask the seller if they can send you a picture of the "Red stamp" on the gear (similar to the one you would expected to see on 07 camo shirt).

http://www.royaltigergear.com/produc...oducts_id=1041
I have no idea what this is. Looks like a cheap, bad replica but I can't be sure. If they don't have the red stamp they MUST be replica/commerical product. If they have it, they still might be replica/commerical product but this is uncommon.

http://www.royaltigergear.com/produc...oducts_id=1040
Not sure either, I guess it is the commerical product of some factory that makes police/security guard equipements, as the knife-proof vest is useless to military. They would make some in 07 camo if there is an order coming.
Old October 20th, 2013, 20:50   #7
JLiang

Thanks so much again.

Alright, very very last question. You mentioned a Type 06 LBV. Any idea where to get this? RT doesn't have them, and I know of no other retailers stocking Type 07 gear.
"-----------\_*_\
Old October 20th, 2013, 20:54   #8
ccyg8774

You can notice the clips and the texture of the fabric looks different between the first and the second link.

This is how a real one should be like. (Not saying this one is real, I am not sure.)

The clips are wrong.
Old October 20th, 2013, 21:00   #9
JLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccyg8774 View Post
You can notice the clips and the texture of the fabric looks different between the first and the second link.

This is how a real one should be like. (Not saying this one is real, I am not sure.)

The clips are wrong.
Yes, upon further review, I noticed. The repro one has a button release, whereas the assumed legit one has the pull-tab release, like the one on my T07 Ruck.
"-----------\_*_\
Old October 20th, 2013, 21:04   #10
Kingsix

Quote:
And I found this: http://www.royaltigergear.com/produc...oducts_id=1040
It looks to be some sort of 'slick' PC. Is this issued kit?

Sorry for incessant questioning >_<
Looks like a stab vest in 07 camo
Old October 20th, 2013, 21:05   #11
JLiang

That makes sense, given they advertised it as 'capable of stopping knife, non-ballistic'

Thanks!
"-----------\_*_\
Old October 20th, 2013, 21:08   #12
ccyg8774

Quote:
Alright, very very last question. You mentioned a Type 06 LBV. Any idea where to get this? RT doesn't have them, and I know of no other retailers stocking Type 07 gear.
I don't know any retailers doing that either.
There was once a soldier I know got several 06 LBV and he sold those to his civilian friends. (He even got a spare 06 vest with real bullet insert and sold that, too.) But he is not doing that as a business, he did that because his friends wanted one.
Old October 20th, 2013, 21:11   #13
JLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccyg8774 View Post
I don't know any retailers doing that either.
There was once a soldier I know got several 06 LBV and he sold those to his civilian friends. (He even got a spare 06 vest with real bullet insert and sold that, too.) But he is not doing that as a business, he did that because his friends wanted one.
Dang it.

Aggh, I guess I'll just have to hunt until I find something suitable

Or maybe wear the Type 95 over the Stab Vest? Would I look like a complete tool?
"-----------\_*_\
Old October 20th, 2013, 21:17   #14
ccyg8774

Quote:
Or maybe wear the Type 95 over the Stab Vest? Would I look like a complete tool?
I would rather wear the Type 95 LBV (07 or 87 camo) directly over the 07 shirt. Real PLAs do that too. I just hate buying replicas that don't look right AND have poor quality, but that's just me.

Last edited by ccyg8774; October 20th, 2013 at 21:24..
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2013, 21:39   #15
JLiang

I see.

Thank you all so much again for the info! Very much appreciated
"-----------\_*_\
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!