Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best Bang for Buck Sniper Rifle?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 21st, 2013, 01:11   #1
RioMtl

Best Bang for Buck Sniper Rifle?

I've finally been convinced to get into airsoft, and I've decided I want to go with a sniper rifle. I've done a bit of research into them, but the fact is, there's a lot of options out there, and I'm not sure what is generally the best bang for buck, or whats the most generally accepted sniper rifle. My budget is around $200-$300. I was told to make an account here on the forums from someone I know. Anyone have info on airsoft snipers? whats proven to be most accurate, and have the high quality. for someone with my budget whats the best bang for buck sniper rifle?
RioMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:15   #2
redneck12

Your question has been asked and answered a billion times if you search around this thread and the newbie tank you will find quite abit of info regarding your question.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:17   #3
Slow
Loves Furries

TM VSR-10.

/thread

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:20   #4
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioMtl View Post
I've finally been convinced to get into airsoft, and I've decided I want to go with a sniper rifle. I've done a bit of research into them, but the fact is, there's a lot of options out there, and I'm not sure what is generally the best bang for buck, or whats the most generally accepted sniper rifle. My budget is around $200-$300. I was told to make an account here on the forums from someone I know. Anyone have info on airsoft snipers? whats proven to be most accurate, and have the high quality. for someone with my budget whats the best bang for buck sniper rifle?
if you're getting into airsoft, dont get a sniper rifle as your first rifle. Sure the allure of being a sniper is cool, but unless you hunt or have any like experience, sniping is not a good place to start. If you dont have the fundamentals, you're not going to be very effective out in the field.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; May 21st, 2013 at 04:23..
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:31   #5
BennyBoy

whatever you buy for $200-$300 is going to require an additional $1000+ to be worth sniping with
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:31   #6
audi_bhoy

And don't forget that Airsoft sniper rifles don't have much more range than any AEG, so you will be outrunned pretty fast in a firefight.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:23   #7
Magnaroth

Also, you'll need a side arm for close engagements, otherwise you'll be branded a "dick" for shooting people really close with a gun that shoots over 400fps.
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:51   #8
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Even after you've played for a year with an AEG to learn how airsoft works, you still don't need a rifle over 400fps.
My vsr-10 shot 380 and I was still getting kills at 200ft

And you absolutely should start with an aeg first to learn airsoft physics and tactics. Don't start off with a handicap
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 13:03   #9
MultipleParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnaroth View Post
Also, you'll need a side arm for close engagements, otherwise you'll be branded a "dick" for shooting people really close with a gun that shoots over 400fps.
And most likeky get banned from most games if you do so;

Airsoft is expensive; Sniper role is more expensive.
You'll want that scope, that Ghillie suit, a sidearm, rifle, mags, etc...

You're looking at +/- ~1000$ regardless of the gun you buy

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 13:24   #10
Strelok

My TM VSR is hitting about the $900 mark right now... Lol
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 13:39   #11
ThunderCactus

Mine was about $900 including the rifle, but I did my own paint, mods, etc

You can get some decent range with just a 380fps spring, barrel and hop rubber, but the sears will break eventually. And what's the point really. You're entering a role which solely revolves around having a longer range and more precise rifle than everyone else. It's not a sniper rifle or DMR if it doesn't outperform all the other guns on the field lol
Old May 21st, 2013, 13:55   #12
Magnaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Mine was about $900 including the rifle, but I did my own paint, mods, etc

You can get some decent range with just a 380fps spring, barrel and hop rubber, but the sears will break eventually. And what's the point really. You're entering a role which solely revolves around having a longer range and more precise rifle than everyone else. It's not a sniper rifle or DMR if it doesn't outperform all the other guns on the field lol
Indeed! When Sears breaks, where will we get our clotes for airsoft? Haha, just kidding ThunderCactus.

In all seriousness, if you're just starting into arisoft, you're gonna be looking at dropping money on clothes, boots, eye protection, a vest, magazines, batteries, chargers (or gas), ammo, gasoline to get to the venues, and game fees!

Spending a huge chunk on your gun and side arm right off the bat would seriously kill your bank account (unless you have a ton of disposable income). However; the chocie is ultimately yours.
Old May 21st, 2013, 14:03   #13
canabubba

i agree with everyone about NOT going the sniper route at first.

That being said, my son just bought an Echo 1 M28, and right out of the box, it's really pretty impressive. He was very consistently hitting a paper plate at 100-200 feet on a calm day.

Perfectly adequate for an entry-level rifle, and at under $200, very low risk.
canabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 15:28   #14
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Yes but all the aegs will hit that same target out to 150-200feet AND can shoot full auto and quick follow up shots on semi. That puts him at a huge dissadvantage agsinst others on the field and the only positive he has is his gun will be quieter. With some skill and a ghillie he may be able to out wit the others but once compromised he will be in a world of hurt. To the OP buy an AEG learn your abilities and weaknesses and see if sniping is even something you may be good at then buy a bolt action if you feel its your thing. Put aside 200-400 for a rifle and 600-800 for upgrades and youll be good for gun. And put aside lots of time to build a ghillie or for tweaking a store bought ghillie.
Then pack your patience most days when i snipe i spend 4 or 5 hours of an 8 hour day hiding/observing and 2 hours moving and 1 hour for lunch. Notice i didnt include any shooting time in there. Thats because often i will be passing my observations onto my team and not risking blowing cover by taking shots at targets.
Dont get me wrong i have days (mostly at certian fields due to their size and layout) that i "stick n move" ie i hit a FFP post up get a kill or two and bug out bound the field hit a new FFP rinse repeat. But that only works on some fields. At certian times of year and agsinst certian groups of guys (mostly newer players).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 15:49   #15
ThunderCactus

DMR is more fun, I'd just actively hunt people with my rifle, no ghillie, just walk around hunting lol
It was a handicap until I got good at it, then it was too much of an advantage so I had to sell it =/
I should note his son doesn't have the range issue since most of his peers' guns only shoot 120ft
If your local players have crap guns you only need a moderate rifle.
Most people don't up their ante until they go to national events and see what everyone else is doing anyway

Not that I didn't have the patience to lay and wait, I just didn't see the point. If you average one kill every 20min and their spawn time is 3min, what good are you really doing?
If you're doing valuable recon then that's good, its just very rare to see a sniper doing what they're supposed to be doing... Recon!
There's the odd time where you position yourself on a good funnel and rack up a dozen kills and fend off a flanking manuvre all on your own, but you don't need a ghillie suit, just good cover
The point is, don't just be a sniper, be USEFUL lol

Last edited by ThunderCactus; May 21st, 2013 at 15:53..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion