Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Metal receivers, can i import them?

:

General

Old August 21st, 2013, 20:59   #1
TangoHotel

Metal receivers, can i import them?

Hey guys, i searched for info on metal receivers on AC, but could not find a thread, so hopefully i did not miss an already opened thread on this . Are metal receivers legal to own in canada? And if they are, can you order them from the states without getting them seized? And again i apologize in advance if this was already explained.
TangoHotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 21:05   #2
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

No
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 21:07   #3
OM3GA

Yes, they are totally legal to own. As for importing that is a no and something you don't even want to attempt.

There are decent amount of places that now sell them in country. A little searching on Google should net you some results.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 21:10   #4
TangoHotel

Damn, so have you heard of ASG? There is an outdoors store here in timmins(alberts sports and work wear) and they claim to be able to import asg airsoft guns which have aluminium receivers. Do you think they were just bs'ing?
Old August 21st, 2013, 21:12   #5
TangoHotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3GA View Post
Yes, they are totally legal to own. As for importing that is a no and something you don't even want to attempt.

There are decent amount of places that now sell them in country. A little searching on Google should net you some results.
Sweeeeet! Thanks alot! i am pretty dead set on changing my echo1 receiver. Thanks alot for the quick reply!
Old August 21st, 2013, 21:13   #6
OM3GA

They probably can but who knows what the price would be (probably sky high). Just FYI, most places sell full metal guns and if they aren't they will say.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 21:24   #7
TangoHotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3GA View Post
They probably can but who knows what the price would be (probably sky high). Just FYI, most places sell full metal guns and if they aren't they will say.
Ic, well i appreciate the very quick replys, and i will be searching the canadian inter webs for a nice receiver with possibly a canadian logo on it, that would make my year. Again thanks Omega.
Old August 21st, 2013, 22:16   #8
L473ncy

Metal receivers alone (as well as plastic ones) are a no go but there are already built up guns with metal receivers available as for Diemaco/Colt Canada trades they are available, namely made by the company G&P. I'll let you find it on your own since you don't have an AV tag and this isn't the AV only section.
Old August 21st, 2013, 22:38   #9
TangoHotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Metal receivers alone (as well as plastic ones) are a no go but there are already built up guns with metal receivers available as for Diemaco/Colt Canada trades they are available, namely made by the company G&P. I'll let you find it on your own since you don't have an AV tag and this isn't the AV only section.
But i'm like..100 years old i swear lol i do plan on getting age verified, once i can fill my pig's gas tank up(pickamup truck), i'm taking a ride to sudbury ontario(nearest verifier) to get AV'd, then i'm sure finding a metal receiver will be much, much easier :P. Thank you very much for the info!

P.S, Was not aware Selena Gomez was an airsofter! Very interesting opcorn:
Old August 21st, 2013, 23:55   #10
L473ncy

She's totally around my age so it's not weird. Same with Emma Watson (Hermione) and Taylor Swift. But at the same time I'd do anything for Zooey or Alison Brie.

Finding a metal receiver will be easier but you'll still have to pay for it, I highly suggest just buying something whole and prebuilt or you might have problems with fitment and having the gun not shoot the same way trying to transplant internals (that is unless you are mechanically inclined and can kind of watch for things that might be problems).

Last edited by L473ncy; August 21st, 2013 at 23:57..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:46   #11
TangoHotel

I don't know much about airsoft internals..yet. But if it ends up being way more inexpensive just to purchase a full metal aeg, might just be patient and do my research. Thanks again
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General