Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MK18 Testing Waters

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 7th, 2013, 16:33   #16
OM3GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackTheRipperC View Post
As well, out of curiosity, how much does trade engraving cost, and where would I be able to get it done within the GTA?
Imperial Engravers is the place to get it done, it is $100 for laser etchings and powder coat and $140 for engraving and powder coat.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=143781

As for the specifics of a MK18 what everyone has said is pretty much right on. I actually made mention of this in another thread so I'll just quote myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3GA View Post
The CQB-R is the original variant of the 10.3" (cut down colt 14.5" barrel) rifle based off of an M4A1 with parts swapped so it is essentially converted from an A1. The most notable difference is the use of the standard car stock. The MK18 (NSW designation) was developed as a stand alone platform built from the ground up. The MK18mod0 utilizes an M4 CQB-R upper on an M16 lower and an LMT sopmod stock instead of the car stock found on the CQB-R. The rest of the parts are pretty much the same.

Where things get noticeable different and more complicated is the MK18mod1 (technically the wrong name as it is the SOPMOD Block II kit for the CQB-R) it uses a Colt upper, Colt M4 lower Colt 10.3" barrel, Mk12 gas block, KAC flash suppressor, KAC M4 QD sound suppressor, FDE DD Mk18 RIS II, LMT SOPMOD or other issued stock, CQD sling attachment plate, and a black A2 grip. With the "MK18 mod1" because it is based off the SOPMOD Block II kit it can be seen used on an M16 or M4 lower.
There has some been some debate thrown around about specifics because parts are changed around and left overs are used but for the most part this is fairly accurate. There is also a mix of LMT uppes that were thrown in at one point so some of these rifles have a 10.5" barrel. Now Daniel Defense is supplying MK18 uppers as well, they too use a 10.3"

For all intensive purposes though these specifics aren't all that important, like Drake said get a WE m4 CQB-r and you are almost there. You can then change out the rail to a RIS II if you want, and then slap what ever stock you want on. A real B5 sopmod would be a cool choice.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 02:29   #17
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Perfect. Thanks for the info guys. Off to the drawing board I go.

Edit: Goddamn, $70 for a gas block that weighs 1.9 ounces..

Last edited by Zack The Ripper; June 8th, 2013 at 03:29.. Reason: Titty sprinkles
Zack The Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 03:53   #18
OM3GA

I'm guessing you are talking about the DD MK12 gas block. If you want to save money and don't mind not using the real steal part there is the Dytac Vltor gas block, it has the same profile. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/dytac-vlt...ock-black.html

The G&P VLT gas block and the Madbull Noveske gas block are fairly close too.

If you weren't talking about the MK12 gas block ignore what I just said.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:19   #19
-=ArchAngel=-

u can also take the standard sight post/gasblock and grind that down with a dremel tool to make it low profile. Just make sure to finish it with some oxidizing agent or something.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:37   #20
Zack The Ripper

Good to know. Even a coat of charcoal Rustolium or something should the trick I would assume.
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:49   #21
Zack The Ripper

Fun late night/early morning fact: Did an inventory of everything that I will need to make it complete, minus the engraving, including the proper gas block if I decide not to MacGyver the stock one; I'm looking at about $1310 and change including 3 brand new mags, all brand new goodies, taxes in. I'm sure some of the stuff I will be able to find on the classifieds for cheaper. Oooo I'm excited..
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:03   #22
Danke

Mod 0 vs. CQBR http://www.airsoft-barracks.com/foru...mk18-and-cqbr/
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:11   #23
horto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackTheRipperC View Post
I was thinking maybe about using a SureFire tac light/fore grip combo (cant remember the model name off the top of my dome), but am not sold on that idea yet as they are rather large for my liking.
You are thinking of a surefire m900. For a mk18 I would suggest an element m3x. They are pretty damn good for repro.

And a Knights VFG.

Last edited by horto; June 8th, 2013 at 10:20..
horto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 14:18   #24
Zack The Ripper

Lol Goddamn horto, that's almost the exact look I want for mine. I have already decided against the M900 and decided to go with the SF M600C.much smaller and like having the sun strapped to your gun. Spent several hours last night getting a parts list for erthang a homie needs. Once the credit card is paid, boom, MK18+parts are being ordered.

I'm actually gonna pick up a part time job on the side of my FT job just to pay for it. Dedication.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion