Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

watches

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 31st, 2013, 21:22   #31
White_knight

if your going to drop some cash id recommend the Suunto ambit. the price is pretty steep and 500 but the amount of features you get is unbelievable. alto, baro compass with a heart rate monitor and the ability to download new app software to the watch and customize displayed information. its pretty cool seeing your heart rate graph being displayed on the watch and seeing the jump during a firefight.

heres the type of info it tracks from the last time i went out
Suunto
Suunto 1

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 22:56   #32
Wildlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurlteRaph View Post
Like everything in life, you get what you pay for.

If you insist to spend 40-60 for a watch, Timex would be a decent choice. They make some decent looking watches, but they don't last.
I've had the same Timex Expedition on my wrist for 15 years now; one of the old analog/digital combo ones. (I prefer an analog clock, but the digital features (timers, lap counters, etc) are useful.)
It's survived immersion in industrial solvent, a 40 ft drop, two electrocutions, and a car accident that very nearly killed me. It's been used as a playtoy for countless sticky-fingered infants, a makeshift bra strap, and, on one memorable misadventure, as a fishing lure. It's been to numerous BC mountaintops, and two glaciers. It spent a night submerged in a lake on a particularly disastrous kayak trip.
The compass ring no longer spins, and the digital bit needs occasional resetting these days, but I'd say I got my $80 worth.
Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:46   #33
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

That story made me smile, your watch and my boots need to hang out lol.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:29   #34
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Basic Casio and Timex will last forever, most reliable watch I have ever owned was a Casio F91W, sadly it was destroyed through no fault of it's own. They're good enough for Marxist fighters, Islamic insurgents, members of actual military forces and police units throughout the world, it's good enough for you :P

http://www.casioca.com/products/Watches/Classic/F91W-1/

There's no need to drop more than $120 MAX on a watch if all you want is function.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; April 1st, 2013 at 12:32..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 13:28   #35
TurlteRaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlife View Post
I've had the same Timex Expedition on my wrist for 15 years now; one of the old analog/digital combo ones. (I prefer an analog clock, but the digital features (timers, lap counters, etc) are useful.)
It's survived immersion in industrial solvent, a 40 ft drop, two electrocutions, and a car accident that very nearly killed me. It's been used as a playtoy for countless sticky-fingered infants, a makeshift bra strap, and, on one memorable misadventure, as a fishing lure. It's been to numerous BC mountaintops, and two glaciers. It spent a night submerged in a lake on a particularly disastrous kayak trip.
The compass ring no longer spins, and the digital bit needs occasional resetting these days, but I'd say I got my $80 worth.
I had an Ironman and the buttons fell out about 3 years of wearing it daily and I couldn't use it, but yet the internal still worked until the battery died. I also had an analog one that stop ticking after 4 years..

That was my experience with Timex. Now I have a Seiko that I paid 150 7 years ago and the watch is still on my wrist. I wear the watch every where, including dragon boating, camping, hiking, swimming, mountain bike riding/racing, and other things.

I guess every one has different experience with watches.
TurlteRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 14:02   #36
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
There's no need to drop more than $120 MAX on a watch if all you want is function.
Agreed.

I have a simple analog watch that came in the mail as a freebie. The outer ring is actually a functioning chronometer so I use it for airsoft and camping in an OD nylon wrist strap that covers the watch face. (Bought it at TAC12)

Other than that, an analog chrome Swatch with stopwatch was about $100 years ago. I did splurge on a Casio skyhawk titanium and its by far my favourite but seldom goes out unless it's a special function.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 14:21   #37
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Agreed.

I have a simple analog watch that came in the mail as a freebie. The outer ring is actually a functioning chronometer so I use it for airsoft and camping in an OD nylon wrist strap that covers the watch face. (Bought it at TAC12)

Other than that, an analog chrome Swatch with stopwatch was about $100 years ago. I did splurge on a Casio skyhawk titanium and its by far my favourite but seldom goes out unless it's a special function.
True enough, my watch usually sits in the cadpat wrist strap with cover that I have. I also have some nice watches, real fancy kit, but I rarely wear them unless It's something I have to "clean up" for :P

I do love watches, I'd be a collector if I had more money :P
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 13:17   #38
nrados

I personally bought [and wear full-time since purchasing] a G-Shock DW-6900MS-1 [the blacked out, 'standard' G-shock] after a watch repair friend suggested it as he told me "they're bomb-proof. A lot of paramedics, police, firefigthers, even some military guys wear them. Hell, you could drive over that thing with a HUMMVEE and it will keep working." Sold me on the durability right there - and I wear mine from pretty much the time I wake up to the time I go to bed - including in the shower, airsoft, swimming, working out, whatever. I work in security, as well as event security, so I wanted something I could smack around and not worry about. It's been covered in mud, bug-spray, sun-block [multiple layers that I can still see the residue in the smaller, more detailed areas in,] and yet, despite all of that, and the fact that I spent more than I needed/wanted because I HAD to have the blacked out version, :roll eyes: I've been very happy and rather impressed with the watch.

Also, just for kicks, I would say watch the testing on the G-Shock site to see what they put them through. With the exception of word of mouth from experianced users, this is what really sold me.

http://www.casio-intl.com/in/en/wat/...l/DW-6900MS-1/ [link to my same model]

TL;DR: get G-Shock; will not die after a bit of water gets on it, and will take more abuse than it should and keep working.
nrados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 15:35   #39
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
I've been running this watch for years. Gone through all sorts of hell. Strong acids, extremes in heat and cold, etc.

http://www.casio.com/products/archiv...TREK/PAG50-1V/

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 16:15   #40
coach
aka coachster

Wish I had to balls to wear mine daily. I can't bear to damage it so it became my 'formal attire' watch.

Old April 10th, 2013, 16:26   #41
Barf
Official ASC News Anchor

Click For chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspasm
"Did someone lose a condom, I found it in my shit"
Lightfighter can suck my cock. Fuckin' thieves!

Barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 16:27   #42
Barf
Official ASC News Anchor

Quote:
Wish I had to balls to wear mine daily. I can't bear to damage it so it became my 'formal attire' watch.
Same with me. That's my special occasion watch. There's a cheaper version of it that I use for daily wear.

Click For chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspasm
"Did someone lose a condom, I found it in my shit"
Lightfighter can suck my cock. Fuckin' thieves!

Barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 16:36   #43
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:

Damn thats like a space watch lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barf View Post
Dude thats hugantic. Regular watches look like wall clocks on my small wrist, id have to wear that around both wrists lmao. Fancy tho thats for sure.
Ima just go with a gshock just browsing for an OD one with the "blackout" face
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 16:40   #44
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barf View Post
You need a Watch like that in your old age.

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:41   #45
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
You need a Watch like that in your old age.
So you've seen the beer mugs he has for glasses?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion