UPS brokerage charges lawsuit

:

General

Old October 25th, 2006, 14:53   #1
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
UPS brokerage charges lawsuit

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/061024/K102418U.html

If you've received anything crossing the border and delivered by UPS you may be entitled to something if this fellow wins his lawsuit. Keep your receipts kiddies!
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 15:11   #2
GMTII
WW2 Airsofter

Last edited by GMTII; May 11th, 2012 at 15:39..
GMTII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 15:26   #3
Ace12GA
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Ace12GA
I'll be keeping an eye on this, thats for sure.
Old October 25th, 2006, 15:28   #4
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Nice. I've spent well over $1000 on brokerage fees. Wheeeeee!
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 15:36   #5
ToRN

Send a message via AIM to ToRN Send a message via MSN to ToRN Send a message via Skype™ to ToRN
same here, I bought a flasher module from the states for my car, and I was told that shipping was pre-paid. Then I had to pay the guy who delivered it COD more than the item was worth, because of the brokerage fees.

Total bullshit.

(This was about 6 months ago)
Give your head a shake, man. You don't jump out of a shaky car so you can ride in one that's on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
I also noticed for the first time that Bod sounds a lot like Jango Fett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I like the part where he got banned.
ToRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 15:42   #6
Teiwaz

Brilliant! I've been refusing to do business with UPS over this nonsense for quite some time. What finally pushed me over the edge was their charging $80 in extra fees for a free package with a value of $60... (I told them to keep it)

Not to mention that unless you're willing to be home all day to pick up the package their idea of delivery to Toronto is way the hell out west in the Boonies and for them to deliver to one of THEIR UPS Stores you have to fill out a form, give them your signature AND give them $10 per package.
Teiwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 16:22   #7
mopic

UPS is without a doubt the worst delivery "Service" Provider out there. If at all possible, when shipping or buying stuff from the states use US postal Service / Canada Post or Fedex. Both of these services will allow you to pick up the item at a central location without prior arrangement. Not to mention the brokerage fees are significantly less. Last time I recieved a parcel from UPS my fees were $38.00 for a $100 item. Unfortunately, I "accidently" put down my credit card number incorrectly on the delivery slip so they left the package but were unable to charge the fees later. Oops. F. UPS
mopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 16:41   #8
Dracheous
Lego Head

My favorite was I accepted a package for my sister who ordered some parts for her dirt bike. Had to pay somewhere around $50 and I handed over cash, signed and she marked it all paid. A week later I got a letter saying I owed $50 more and that I'd only paid half of what was supposed to be the fee.

My response has been a letter sent back requesting the receipt that will have my signature and hers stating that I paid in full. Have yet to recieve said documentation. Only been 2 months, wonder if I'll get a court order next ^.^. Also watching my cred checks to see what they try to do from that end. If they try anything I'm going the same route as this guy. Sick of it cause this isn't the first time its happened.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 19:15   #9
Zeke

Finally....hope this guy wins.
Old October 25th, 2006, 19:19   #10
goughbrandon

Send a message via MSN to goughbrandon
a few months ago I order a scope, and 2 rails from Airsoft Gi and I was expected to fork over $45 for brokerage fees
Old October 25th, 2006, 19:19   #11
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Just thinking and reading about it fill me with anger.
I too paid astronomical brokerage fees over stuff I ordered. If only they offered a 24h later delivery or something worth it. NO, they just f%$ you over with un-needed charges. It's a mafia!

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 19:41   #12
Nervikaire

Send a message via MSN to Nervikaire
Been boycotting UPS for a year now... They sent me a letter in January requesting the payment of brokerage fees on half my orders of the last year that I had already paid at the door. Ended up paying because they said a ''recovery'' company on me. DHL as started the COD buisness too, although they seem to be a ''bit'' more honest. EMS services or nothing!
Nervikaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 19:53   #13
firemachine69

I try to avoid UPS. FedEx is the only large courier service (other then Purolator) that has an actual service center and warehouse in town.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 20:01   #14
LUTNIT

UPS' normal trick from the people I talk to is to hand the parcel to you right at the door and not ask for a cent, a few weeks later you get a bill for the brokerage fee. You are allowed to refuse the package at the door and have it returned to sender if you dont want to pay but if you accept it you are obligated to pay. My room mate got charged $90 brockerge for a $140 charger for his R/C stuff and got the bill 3 MONTHS after he had accepted the parcel with "no extra fees." He refused to pay and sent a letter in that regard, a week later he got a letter from a lawyer saying that UPS was suing him. He has since moved and doesnt know anything about it as he didnt leave his new address at his old place.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 20:41   #15
Kitten Eater
Banned

Utter Bullshit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
UPS' normal trick from the people I talk to is to hand the parcel to you right at the door and not ask for a cent, a few weeks later you get a bill for the brokerage fee. You are allowed to refuse the package at the door and have it returned to sender if you dont want to pay but if you accept it you are obligated to pay. My room mate got charged $90 brockerge for a $140 charger for his R/C stuff and got the bill 3 MONTHS after he had accepted the parcel with "no extra fees." He refused to pay and sent a letter in that regard, a week later he got a letter from a lawyer saying that UPS was suing him. He has since moved and doesnt know anything about it as he didnt leave his new address at his old place.
Kitten Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General