Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

EH... I *DON'T* think so...

:

Gear Discussion

Closed Thread

Old November 22nd, 2005, 21:36   #46
pugs144

Armed Pacifist: I like the cut of your jib. With regards to the sale of clues, I was referring to the gentleman who started this thread. He needs at least one for immediate consumption.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 21:39   #47
Armedpacifist

I agree with you on that too.

I got the joke, you said you were looking for a CF member to sell you a clue, since I have those qualifications I said I would.

Old November 22nd, 2005, 21:44   #48
pugs144

Talking

Stick a fork in it, this thread is done. This should be in a Hall of Fame or something.

To those who reported the auction to PSP, I'm sure they will give you an A+ for effort. Whoop de fucking doo.

Maybe you guys can scrape together 800 bucks so you can buy your own chest rig and share it.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 23:35   #49
ert

Not dead yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144

all this is whining is starting to sound like sour grapes because it's out of our price range or unable to get it BACK into Canada.

Before we all get high and mighty, how many non-CF personnel on this forum are in posession of CADPAT? How many pics of people wearing issue CADPAT are in the photo gallery? Anyone ratted them out? Negative.
What, no takers?
In response to what you said...

Civvies can legally and very easily buy genuine issued CADPAT BDU's and some other kit.

I have been over this a few times in the forums already here and on other sites but I don't want to find the thread so I'll post again.

There's a military surplus store in Morinville, Alberta, just a few minutes north of Edmonton (by the namao base) that bought bulk bins of kit at a military auction contents unknown. They then opened them upon purchase, and lo and behold, they were full of CADPAT. They started selling them, the army took them to court saying that they're selling controlled materials, but they lost so CEL Surlpus was legally allowed to sell them to anyone because it was the army's fault. (that's a very very brief overview.)

So it is very legal for airsofters to play in genuine CADPAT as long as it's not their issued kit if they're in the CF.

As another note of interest, CEL has also recieved laptops that haven't had harddrives wiped, nvgs, and other supposedly controlled materials a few times in the past as well at government auctions.

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
Old November 23rd, 2005, 01:25   #50
FieroGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL-
CADPAT clothing isn't surplused. When a soldier turns in his faded an/or ruined uniforms for exchange the old ones are to be shredded.
I was wandering through Harisons Surplus in Victoira before they closed, and they had old faded surplus Cadpat. But in regards to what ert said, it could have concievably come from that surplus store in Alberta, or through some supply chain like that?
Old November 23rd, 2005, 03:51   #51
Armedpacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ert

So it is very legal for airsofters to play in genuine CADPAT as long as it's not their issued kit if they're in the CF.
The higher ups don't care.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 11:53   #52
pugs144

The CEL incident is an exception but the fact remains that there are CADPAT uniforms out there that were obtained by other means. Are you telling me all the CADPAT out there came from CEL? I highly doubt that. In a nutshell, people shouldn't be bitching about questionably obtained JTF-2 kit when there are players out there with questionably obtained CADPAT. Refer to Armed Pacifist's comment regarding hypocrisy.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 12:03   #53
firemachine69

Quote:
My paycheck pays for that!
That's my problem. Some fucker is walking around with a slice of my wallet, more so guilty because he likely did NOT get it through legitimate sources.

I've never condoned theft of CADPATs, I have no clue where you got that idea. Having said that, I have no idea how you link hypocrisy to me (correct me if your intent was wrong). I'm bitching because the buyer/his source is screwing either me (and the rest of taxpayers), or he's a flake, which IMO, is just as bad.

It's not the problem in hand, it's the principal. This is just morally WRONG any way you slice the cake.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 12:36   #54
Bunny

I don't think anyone called you a hypocrite, just someone who generally knows very little first hand about what he posts about -yet, on a daily basis it seems, continues to talk out his ass. The hypocrisy is in people jumping all over this ebayer, while Cadpat abounds all around them. One need only take a quick peek in the gear section, I'm sure there's some 'real Cadpat' there right now.

Re: Cadpat, if you have a Gunnutz account, take a look at this, a brief history of Cadpat by someone not talking out his ass:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ad.php?t=23530
Read Stephen Taylor here
Those who trade liberty for safety will ultimately deprive themselves of both.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 12:43   #55
pugs144

Bunny, you're a far more eloquent man than I. :lol:
Old November 23rd, 2005, 13:15   #56
rainman

Send a message via ICQ to rainman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny
The hypocrisy is in people jumping all over this ebayer, while Cadpat abounds all around them. One need only take a quick peek in the gear section, I'm sure there's some 'real Cadpat' there right now.
Anyone want to buy a brand new CADPAT Boonie hat size 7 1/2 ...

Cheers,

Paul

"Luck favors the prepared." (Edna, "The Incredibles")
Old November 23rd, 2005, 13:25   #57
pugs144

I already have one 8-)
Old November 23rd, 2005, 14:04   #58
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedPacifist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ert

what about those 2 guys who got in shit for coming to a game in their issued stuff?

Since we play at paintball fields here, i highly doubt i will be able to explain day-glow orange, neon green, and pink coloured stains on my shirt/trousers.
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
Old November 23rd, 2005, 14:23   #59
MadMorbius
Quote:
Originally Posted by made Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedPacifist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ert

what about those 2 guys who got in shit for coming to a game in their issued stuff?

Since we play at paintball fields here, i highly doubt i will be able to explain day-glow orange, neon green, and pink coloured stains on my shirt/trousers.
Showing up in an issue TV is not the same as showing up in your entire fighting order, uniform complete with regimental markings, rank, and headdress.

Old November 23rd, 2005, 14:58   #60
Farmboy

Quote:
The CEL incident is an exception but the fact remains that there are CADPAT uniforms out there that were obtained by other means. Are you telling me all the CADPAT out there came from CEL? I highly doubt that. In a nutshell, people shouldn't be bitching about questionably obtained JTF-2 kit when there are players out there with questionably obtained CADPAT. Refer to Armed Pacifist's comment regarding hypocrisy.
There are a couple surplus stores in Toronto that sell issue CADPAT. It's out there on a large scale basis.

What I was refering to in my post is comparing aftermarket clothing made in CADPAT to issued CADPAT. If you can tell the difference from pictures you have much better eyesight that me.

As for the initial post, how do we know it's not seconds?

Maybe built for trial only, now being sold off. Maybe to many were built? Who knows.

As for wearing issued gear when not working, everybody does it at some point, but like Morbius said, showing up anywhere with ranks, headdress, cap badges etc., well, that's a bit different.

Exclusive Canadian Distributor for Blue Force Gear, Knights Armament, Rainier Arms, High Ground, Battle Comp, Multitasker and more!

http://oneshottactical.com/

One Shot Tactical Inc.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion