Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Long rifles in close quarters combat

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old February 6th, 2012, 12:11   #46
CR0M

I love my m16 to death. However, when me and friend were discussing the next craig complex game I told him I would never bring it there. (and I use a m203) I know there is open fields and it can be about 50/50 indoor and outdoor I still wouldn't risk it.

Id rather go akimbo pistols. Many reasons, primary the safety of my gun, I always have nightmares of snapping the barrel in half in a door way.

I have done some cqb with it, and its not so much lining up targets as it being able to move quickly. Going from laying down, rolling, running is some what of a chore. That itself ruins it for me.
Old February 6th, 2012, 13:50   #47
horto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0M View Post
Id rather go akimbo pistols. Many reasons, primary the safety of my gun, I always have nightmares of snapping the barrel in half in a door way.

I have done some cqb with it, and its not so much lining up targets as it being able to move quickly. Going from laying down, rolling, running is some what of a chore. That itself ruins it for me.
How do you reload while dual wielding? Is that part of your shoulder roll sequence?
Old February 6th, 2012, 21:51   #48
TaroBear

Who said anything about reloading?
Old February 6th, 2012, 22:48   #49
Huron
GabeGuitarded

If you maneuver often enough with your rifle just for the sake of practice, its pretty easy to know exactly where the muzzle is. I used to have a 20 inch barrel and fixed stock on my AEG and could get around pretty well in very tight quarters.

Having a steel barrel like when I ran 16 inch keeps you pretty warm and fuzzy too. Let the wall worry about getting bumped.
Old February 7th, 2012, 02:10   #50
CR0M

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeGuitarded View Post
If you maneuver often enough with your rifle just for the sake of practice, its pretty easy to know exactly where the muzzle is. I used to have a 20 inch barrel and fixed stock on my AEG and could get around pretty well in very tight quarters.

Having a steel barrel like when I ran 16 inch keeps you pretty warm and fuzzy too. Let the wall worry about getting bumped.
for sure, but its still cumbersome compared to the alternative...

as for reloading on akimbo hand guns, lol....

I havent done it yet, every time I think about buying 2 matching pistols my wallet asks me if they are desert eagles, I tell my wallet no, it tells me Im not cool enough
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:10   #51
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
for sure, but its still cumbersome compared to the alternative...

as for reloading on akimbo hand guns, lol....
It's been successfully done. Duel wield and dual reloads for g17's and 1911's.

Last edited by coach; February 7th, 2012 at 08:13..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:01   #52
horto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroBear View Post
... the novelty wears down after you realize how stupid you actually look running around with them.
my point exactly.
Old February 8th, 2012, 13:13   #53
CR0M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroBear View Post
the novelty wears down after you realize how stupid you actually look running around with them.
It does take a certain blend of awesome and cool to pull it off, I dont think Im muscular enough yet...
Old February 8th, 2012, 23:58   #54
Red62

Yeah, I have to agree: I want to get into AEGs, but every time I wait for the piston to crank, I crank- too used to my pistol. Not to mention, I roll around in the sand a lot, the pistol's easier to do that with. If you're worried about the pistol looking silly in your hands, get a bigger pistol. long dragons are not bad I hear.
**Certified Tornado Tech**Will fix your guns for food and BBs**
Red62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 13:38   #55
Juke16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
It's been successfully done. Duel wield and dual reloads for g17's and 1911's.

No need to reload just buy multiple pistols.
A Better Tomorrow - Restaurant shootout - YouTube
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 14:04   #56
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red62 View Post
Yeah, I have to agree: I want to get into AEGs, but every time I wait for the piston to crank, I crank- too used to my pistol. Not to mention, I roll around in the sand a lot, the pistol's easier to do that with. If you're worried about the pistol looking silly in your hands, get a bigger pistol. long dragons are not bad I hear.
That is why GBBRs were invented.

If you can't handle a rifle/ Carbine.. in CQB.. you need to practice more. Pistols have their place but a good carbine provides greater long range accuracy coupled with a compact package.

I carry a carbine and a pistol.. and grenades in CQB and with this combination there are not many problems that can't be solved.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 17:24   #57
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red62 View Post
If at some point you are unable to resist the urge to get an AEG, there are a few things you can do to improve trigger response -- these will take some skill to install and some discipline to use sensibly, but it can be done with the following combination of things:

1) Use a high powered battery, 11.1V LiPo.
2) Install a MOSFET with a trigger computer like the AWS Raptor.
3) Install high speed gears.
4) Install a very high torque motor with neodymium magnets.

5) Optional - Program the MOSFET to use "pre-cocking mode", which causes it to pre-pull the piston to a position very close to the release position (this is more useful for DMR type applications, but can greatly improve response).
6) Optional - Toy with trigger pull length

Granted, this is a bit contrived, a gas pistol or rifle is always gonna feel far more peppy (not to mention fun), but if you were determined to make it happen with an AEG, the above recipe would do it.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 18:14   #58
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
If at some point you are unable to resist the urge to get an AEG, there are a few things you can do to improve trigger response -- these will take some skill to install and some discipline to use sensibly, but it can be done with the following combination of things:

1) Use a high powered battery, 11.1V LiPo.
2) Install a MOSFET with a trigger computer like the AWS Raptor.
3) Install high torque gears.
4) Install a very high torque motor with neodymium magnets.

5) Optional - Program the MOSFET to use "pre-cocking mode", which causes it to pre-pull the piston to a position very close to the release position (this is more useful for DMR type applications, but can greatly improve response).
6) Optional - Toy with trigger pull length

Granted, this is a bit contrived, a gas pistol or rifle is always gonna feel far more peppy (not to mention fun), but if you were determined to make it happen with an AEG, the above recipe would do it.
fixed that for you, High speed gears actually have a longer first shot trigger lag than high torque gears.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 23:53   #59
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
Quote:
I love my m16 to death. However, when me and friend were discussing the next craig complex game I told him I would never bring it there. (and I use a m203) I know there is open fields and it can be about 50/50 indoor and outdoor I still wouldn't risk it.
I run with my m15a4 in CQB games all the time and have used it several times at the Craig Complex without any problems. Sure it doesn't have the full length m16 barrel but it has the full stock attached. It just requires better muzzle control.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 11:06   #60
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
fixed that for you, High speed gears actually have a longer first shot trigger lag than high torque gears.
We want to design a setup where we accelerate to maximum velocity as quickly as possible, since we're optimizing for response. We know that high torque motors accelerate to their maximum speed much faster than high speed motors, so we choose a high torque motor.

Now that we've fixed our motor as a constant in our thought experiment, the gears remain as our variable. We now need to avoid spinning the sector gear slowly. At this point, gears simply represent a ratio, so we want the gears which will turn our torque motor's acceleration curve into the fastest rate of piston movement possible, since that will produce a first shot the quickest. We choose speed gears. Note that the gears are unaware of the position in the cycle of the gearbox, they just convert one number to another.

All other things equal, a side-by-side benchmark will now show that torque gears will produce that first shot out of the gate slower than the high speed gears, because the sector in the torque set will be spinning slower than the sector in the speed set. This is assuming we chose the torque motor and didn't change anything else.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures