Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My TorontoAirsoft.com review

:

Reviews

Old September 28th, 2017, 21:55   #136
Chubby

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby
Hmm, interesting to get different experiences in this post. I might be going there tomorrow to pick up VFC VR635 Metal Body Gas Blowback M4 that I just paid for. Never been to their store or dealt with them before, but hey I don't mind adding my two cents if I can get to the store tomorrow.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 13:08   #137
BobbyDangerous

I was a customer there from wayyyyyy back. At the original shop, but something happened and I’m pretty cheesed about it. I won’t go into detail but I only get something there if I need it and they’re the only ones that have it.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2019, 13:22   #138
Harrier .45

Toronto Airsoft - Abysmal Customer Service

So here we are in 2019, fully 6 years since this thread was started, and things at Toronto Airsoft do not appear to have improved.

Allow me to tell you about my experience with this company.

To begin, this was my first encounter with TA. I had built an account on their website a few weeks ago, but did not order at that time.

I placed an order for a Tokyo Marui FN Five Seven pistol with 2x spare magazines. The online ordering system requested my Billing Address, then my Shipping Address. However, as this item was being purchased on a corporate credit card, the two addresses were different. But wait! TA's website will not allow you to have a different Shipping address from your Billing address. Which begs the question of why they include a Shipping address field at all?

Regardless of this, I switched my Shipping address to match my Billing address and submitted the order. Thinking everything was well, I went about my day.

The next afternoon I received an automated E-mail requesting a "random ID age verification check for your order". This E-mail instructed me to send a copy of my driver's license with the DL number blacked out, stating "we only require your name, DOB and address to match the credit card transaction."

Now, I work in the firearms industry, and have done so for 13 years. Airsoft guns are not regulated by the federal government, and do not require government identification for purchase, ownership or transport, such as a PAL for firearms. I noted this fact in a return E-mail to their request for my identification. I also noted that while I was hesitant to accept their request, I did provide the documentation they were seeking.

Later that day I received the following reply from Rick at Toronto Airsoft:

"Company policies are that. You violated the terms of purchase by knowingly inputting the incorrect billing and shipping information on your order. Technically we don't have to process or ship your order. Don't complain to me about what you don't like about it. We're already making an exception for your case."

That's verbatim, folks. Truly.

To which I responded:

"Nice attitude. Cancel the order. Learn some customer service."

Rick's witty reply this morning came through as:

"Done and done. Your account is closed as well. Make sure you read before you agree to shop policies wherever you end up shopping. It's not attitude if it's fact."

In response to that charming reply of this morning, I advised Rick that he has by far and away the very WORST customer service I have ever encountered. I have been working in the retail sector for more than 30 years, with my primary position being none other than customer service and E-mail response to inquiries. Instead of taking a moment to explain his company's policies to a first-time buyer and outlining why and how those policies are implemented, or making any effort whatsoever to retain a customer who had just placed an order for $500.00 as a first-time buyer, Rich chose to become adversarial with a "take it or leave it" attitude, which has cost Toronto Airsoft my business.

So, six years on from the OP's posting, things do not look like they have changed much at all. A pity, because TA has some items I would be interested in buying, but you can be certain that I will go as far out of my way as I need to in order to find them somewhere else, rather than send a single dollar in TA's direction.

All because of the pleasantries of one employee.

Might bear some investigation by the owner/manager.

Last edited by Harrier .45; April 19th, 2019 at 13:25..
Harrier .45 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews