Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE Glock 17 gbbp problem

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 29th, 2013, 20:54   #1
DAJ

WE Glock 17 gbbp problem

I just purchased a we g17 and right out of the box it has had issues with its gas consumption where I am only getting 7 shots from the mag before its empty. I have lubricated the gun and mag and still nothing. I've checked the o rings inside the mag and they were fine. Just keeps using up all the gas after the 7th shot while Bbs being fired or not.
Any help would be most appreciated.
DAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 20:55   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Are you filling it properly? How are you filling it?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 20:56   #3
DAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Are you filling it properly? How are you filling it?
The correct way. Vertical and I'm sure not to overfill. Very strange
Old April 29th, 2013, 21:02   #4
Styrak

So upside down and you're filling it for 5-10 seconds? Are you using a new propane tank?

Old April 29th, 2013, 21:07   #5
DAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
So upside down and you're filling it for 5-10 seconds? Are you using a new propane tank?
Yes been doing it vertically around 5-7 seconds. I have been using a fairly new tank. I could go and buy a new one and try that.
Old April 29th, 2013, 22:13   #6
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
FYI, its impossible to "overfill" a mag in most circumstances, unless you have a hot tank, and a frozen mag, you can gas it and when it heats the pressure will be too high for teh gun to fire, but otherwise.. does not hurt to give it another few seconds on the tank to make sure it's full

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 22:52   #7
DAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
FYI, its impossible to "overfill" a mag in most circumstances, unless you have a hot tank, and a frozen mag, you can gas it and when it heats the pressure will be too high for teh gun to fire, but otherwise.. does not hurt to give it another few seconds on the tank to make sure it's full
Yeah I have now tried everything and I'm not sure what's the problem, the g17 itself or the mag. I again know a thing or two about filling mags and it is not the issue.
Old April 29th, 2013, 23:18   #8
enemybrit

Could be the fill valve on your magazine. It could not be opening fully and just be transferng gas and not liquid into the magazine. Liquid boils off in the magazine when a shot is fired to stay at a gas/liquid equillibrium. If there is no or little liquid to boil off in the mag. The gas is not being 'replaced' in the magazine by the boiling off of liquid.
enemybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 23:30   #9
Shrapnel[Op-For]

maybe your loading nozzle? If it is not smoothly cycling it can cause extra gas to vent per shot.
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 00:32   #10
sammynac99

Ensure your in a climate controlled environment and make sure your gun and magazine are at a reasonable temperature. I have seen issues with gas consumption before and this is normally the issue, its sometimes a few celcius that may make the different between 7 shots and a magazine and a half. i use to own KJW handguns, they used to be gas guzzlers then i started throwing them and the magazines under a hand dryer before gaming them. 10-30 seconds under the hand dryer and you could normally do a whole mag. normally it would only do 5-10 shots. this will probably be your solution if you cant find a internal issue.
You find yourself in the ocean,20 foot waves,Going up against a 800-pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends?You lose that battle.You lose that battle 9 times out of 10.Well guess what? You’ve wandered into a school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion! We’ve communicated.Lion is good!
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 00:42   #11
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Don't shoot me more than 10 times or I'll charge you!

I have a hk g17 (tm/we) if its under 22c the gun will do that.
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:59   #12
DAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammynac99 View Post
Ensure your in a climate controlled environment and make sure your gun and magazine are at a reasonable temperature. I have seen issues with gas consumption before and this is normally the issue, its sometimes a few celcius that may make the different between 7 shots and a magazine and a half. i use to own KJW handguns, they used to be gas guzzlers then i started throwing them and the magazines under a hand dryer before gaming them. 10-30 seconds under the hand dryer and you could normally do a whole mag. normally it would only do 5-10 shots. this will probably be your solution if you cant find a internal issue.
Hey that is interesting. I will try that out. Grabbing a fresh propane canister today and going to do some tests inside my house this evening.
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:09   #13
DAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammynac99 View Post
You just helped me get 25 shots out of a mag! I just heated with hair dryer and it worked perfectly. Thanks again for everyone's help in this matter.

Old April 30th, 2013, 10:15   #14
DAJ

So I just tried again and it is working great. The heat must have let the o rings expand to stop the leaks. Thanks again guys
Old April 30th, 2013, 11:24   #15
Styrak

Were you trying to shoot it outside in cold weather?

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion