Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

watches

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 20th, 2013, 18:40   #1
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

watches

ive been thinking about getting a watch.
A "tactical" type watch.
So im looking for suggestions.
What are "issued" type watches?
What is a decent "clone" or simaler watch to one that would be used by a soldier but could be bought for a decent price (like 40-60 bucks) it doesnt have to be fancy just functional and somewhat water resistant for rainy days or a crawl through the swap.
The thing is i dont wear a watch. Never have so itll be strictly for aiisoft use so i domt need an uber fancy 200 dollar watch to wear once a week lol.
Are casio watches decent i hear alot of talk about them?
Im thinking digital for quick reading and with a light for night use
And nothing too big and bulky i have a prety small/girly wrist this is why i domt wear a watch to begin with as they often seem huge on ke lol.
Where are the watch whores at lol
Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 18:44   #2
ShelledPants

DO NOT buy clone watches. Casio G-Shocks run about $110 after tax and they might outlive you. They come in tonnes of colors, including red back lit and cordura strapped.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 18:44   #3
seabass
trevorthetwigyalienman

Check out the gshock line of watches by casio. There pretty rugged and have some cool blacked out models. Probably gonna have to spend 100 $ though
Old March 20th, 2013, 19:00   #4
thpethalK
ksuechuc

I've got a G-Shock G9000 blackout mudman that has lasted me 4 years...haven't even needed to change the battery yet. Before that, I had another G-Shock that lasted me since I was in high-school.

The only thing I would change on a G-Shock is the wristband, and I will only do that once the original breaks.

Watches are like boots, spend the money on a good quality watch with the features that are important to you and you won't regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
thpethalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 19:04   #5
Freudster

Watch fun

+1 on the G-shock, probably the best bang for the buck. Some of the Timex are good as well, similar price point. I like the light on the Timex better.

If you do want to splurge, go look at Kobold. LOL. Man, I wish I could afford some of those crazy watches!
Freudster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 19:08   #6
Verex

You should check out Walmart, they have some really decient watches for around the price range that you are looking for. I don't believe in spending over $60 to $100 for a watch that you plan on using for Airsoft, you run the risk of getting it damaged by a BB.
Verex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 19:10   #7
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Don't shoot me more than 10 times or I'll charge you!

Diesel dark knight watch is super perfection, on a tactical scale.
Old March 20th, 2013, 19:12   #8
TurlteRaph

Like everything in life, you get what you pay for.

I own more than a few watches, including a few time pieces, and I recommend Seiko. They make quality watches period. My mom still wears on that she bought in the 70's. However, they are not digital.

Go out to a department store and try a few watches out and see which on you like the best.

Casio's gshock line of watches are great as they take lots of beating, but they can be bulky. Try it and see how it fits before you buy. Casio also make F91w and it is the watch used by al-Qaida for bomb detonation.

If you insist to spend 40-60 for a watch, Timex would be a decent choice. They make some decent looking watches, but they don't last.

I also have good luck with Roots watches. Some of the sports model can be had for 45-60.http://canada.roots.com/MenAthleticA...ectedColor=099

Last edited by TurlteRaph; March 20th, 2013 at 19:21..
TurlteRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 19:22   #9
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Issued to who?

My vote goes for the Casio G-Shock series. Had one for 5-6 years and haven't had any issues.
I was thinkin US or Canada, if they actually issue watches. Tho i figure its a preference thing so folks buy their own.

It seems casio is the popular choice. Tho im feelin the walmart choice id hate to spend 50 bucks on a watch for it to die cause of rain or mud lol.
Wish i could find a casio 6900 type watch with a cordura strap.
Also anyone know a decent toronto area casio retaileri found "watch it" but they seem about 30-40 bucks over priced (the 6900' are 89-99 most online places i see but they want 130)
And as for features i really just need it to tell time lol. I spose alarm and count doen/stop watch is also handy.
Dont need compass as i cary one done need any other fancy crap i see either
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; March 20th, 2013 at 19:25..
Old March 20th, 2013, 19:26   #10
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
I was thinkin US or Canada, if they actually issue watches. Tho i figure its a preference thing so folks buy their own.

It seems casio is the popular choice. Tho im feelin the walmart choice id hate to spend 50 bucks on a watch for it to die cause of rain or mud lol.
Wish i could find a casio 6900 type watch with a cordura strap.
Also anyone know a decent toronto area casio retaileri found "watch it" but they seem about 30-40 bucks over priced (the 6900' are 89-99 most online places i see but they want 130)
And as for features i really just need it to tell time lol. I spose alarm and count doen/stop watch is also handy.
Dont need compass as i cary one done need any other fancy crap i see either
Spend $100 and it won't blink at water or mud. I've covered mine in DEET and it's fine.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 20:02   #11
Hectic

Yup i see they got a cpl listed online 69.99 for the i guess older style or simple style and 99.99 for one that looks to be the 6900 type dubt ill find it there in OD tho. Oh well looks like i may have to spend the 130 plus tax if i want the "military" one.
Isint that always the case if its "tactical" or "military" its at a primium lol
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old March 20th, 2013, 20:10   #12
EchoFourTwelve
Enjoy's Tight Groupings from behind in his Tight Pants

Send a message via Skype™ to EchoFourTwelve
+1 to G-Shocks I own a GA100 and I love it. I think it'll fit your tacticool criteria too. I also have small Girly ass wrists and I've been complimented on it so you need not worry!
Side note:
Can we rename "gear discussion" to "tactical fashionista convention" (or something to that effect)?
EchoFourTwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 20:41   #13
ccyg8774

Casio G-Shock DW-9052
Purchased and used by many US navy/marine corp units and individuals, have contract number and NSN number.
Old March 20th, 2013, 20:43   #14
forsberg2110
Banned

If you can't afford a gshock. Just go to Walmart and pick up a cheap Timex it will work fine. Don't go blow your budget on watch just because some guy on a photo in Iraq is wearing one. Remember at the end of the day we are just grown men running around the bushes with toy guns that go pew pew pew
forsberg2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 21:03   #15
Hectic

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsberg2110 View Post
If you can't afford a gshock. Just go to Walmart and pick up a cheap Timex it will work fine. Don't go blow your budget on watch just because some guy on a photo in Iraq is wearing one. Remember at the end of the day we are just grown men running around the bushes with toy guns that go pew pew pew
Lol yes i know one step away from larping lmao.
Seriously tho its not really an issue of budget i was just thinking cause ill hardly use the thing. I used to just lug my phone with me but my galaxy note is a lil big for that lol.
So i was thinking if there existed a decent watch in my original price range thatd be great but thinking about it more buyin a 50 doller watch thatll die in one rainy game or one crawl through the swamp (i snipe and spend alot of time prone in mud and water an lord knows what else) then id have to replace the damn thing or i can just buy a decent gshock for 100 or 150 bucks and be set for years it seems like a no brainer.
I like the look of the 6900 series now to decide on solar or non solar and between flat black or OD then find one in the GTA lol
Thanks fer the input guys
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion