Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications > Showcase
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My custom built .50 BMG

:

Showcase

Old July 14th, 2005, 00:58   #46
redhawk_six

yeah, probably not going to do it anyway, cos I need the cash the parts can generate lol

but I was thinking of making an airsoft Browning 30 cal.
redhawk_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 18:11   #47
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Well if you give a price on the thing..hmmm..*counting on fingers and toes* maybe I could get some the dragons..hmmmm...

DAMN!!! THATS A NICE FREAKIN GUN!

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 00:07   #48
NOOB

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:tup: :tup: :tup:

This is ABsolutely one of the kind! Unique and excellent craftmanship

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

My H3LL0 words <-- Click

NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 23:46   #49
zero delay

I know what it would have taken to make that John and I think you did a awesome job to say the least. I wish I could see the feed tray better because I bet it was one of the biggest challanges in the project, that along side the numerous rivets you had to replicate. The charging handle is intriguing, does it act as a safety, ensuring the system is only energized when it is in the rearward position, or does it perform another mechanical function?
zero delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 23:57   #50
ert

The charging handle is functional. When you open the feed tray to load more bb's in, you must close the tray, then pull the charging handle to activate the trigger like you would on the real .50.

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
ert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2005, 15:51   #51
Blastyman

Send a message via ICQ to Blastyman
Yeah ERT got it right. After you open up the feedtray and load the gun you must pull back the charging handle before the gun will be able to fire.

I also have a safety by the trigger. I will try to get better pics of the inside and other things soon.
Blastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2005, 18:08   #52
zero delay

I figured that the charging handle may have actually acted as a sort of switch for the electrical system, when it is in the cocked position the terminals are in contact, charging the mechbox with power but I guess I was mistaken.

I had been doing some basic design work on one of these for that DPV awhile ago, as the SEALs commonly armed them with the Ma duece, as well as the Honeywells and the TOWs, but I sort of wanted some sort of Anti-tank type capability that could be fired from the cockpit (when the TOW is secured to the transport cradle, and aimed directly forward) or from the Gunner gage at any opposing vehicles, so I never really took it past the design stage. Because I spent a considerable amount of time assesing what it would take to replicate one I know the design characteristics very well, and you have recreated it very close to the actual unit.

One other question I was wondering about, was whether you had considered a PCG gearbox? A teammate of mine installed one into a M249, I was present for the majority of the installation and at that point I realized that it would make a excellent basis for the internals of one of these slab sided Browning MGs, since it too is rectangular and has a horizontal mounted motor. I was conceptualizing it as using a .50cal ammo can to house both the feed servos and the ammo storage, but that is on a vehicular platform in which weight and portability aren't a factor, as they would be if it was used in the role as a Crew served support weapon by infantry.

Too bad all these stunning game enhancement props are being metiulously crafted, and for what ever reasons there isn't the huge venues this season needed to deploy them in the roles they would be most suited for. It's kinda driving me into despair:sad:
Old July 17th, 2005, 18:44   #53
Blastyman

Send a message via ICQ to Blastyman
Well you are correct it there is an electrical switch involved. But you pull the Charging handle back and release it to activate.

I have thought about the PGC. The cost was a factor and availibity too. Though it might of been a better choice as even the v6 was tough to squeeze in and align the barrel. I know the size of the m2 reciever is deceptively big thinking it would be easy but the fact is the barrel comes out of the bottom and its not easy to line up the the nozzle too.

There was the option of inverting a mecbox though. I could of done that. But I was able to get a v6 box done up and it worked being upright so I went ahead that that.

And yes I am also disspointed in not being able to employ any special weapons. Its a bit discouraging to put so much time and effort into building rocket launchers, special guns,Mortars and other things and then not have game turnouts or events planned to warrant the use.

But so far its not going to stop me. I am going to keep trying to come up with Milsim creations.

"If you build it they will come." springs to my mind. I hope so.
Blastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2005, 20:23   #54
zero delay

Lol, it's a compulsion, like painting or sculpting, if you are deprived of the ability to excersize the urge to tinker with stuff you end up saddled with anexiety, thats the way it is with me anyway. My brain doesn't like to sit idle it has to be worked to exhaustion before it will rest lol.

I thought the alignment of the barrel would prove problematic, the exploded schematics i had seen of the real M2s indicated that it loads rounds closer to the bottom of the reciever unlike small arms weapons typically do, and I suspected that would create some spacing issues that would have to be rectified, seen as most gearboxes are designed to replicate weapons that load rounds the opposite way that M2s do. You overcame those problems though, and that's cool. You probalby did the best thing keeping the mechbox upright, inverting it may have led to you having to flip the feeding mechanisms also, and that may or may not have caused other problems.

I always loved .50cals they are like the Grizzly bear of the U.S arsenal. Big. slow moving and mindbendingly powerful. Hopefully I can get all the crap I'm working on now completed in time to start on some. I'd like to use one of them as a alternative weapon for that DPV when the TOW isn't necessary, and if i have to go thru the trouble of fabricating one I' may as well make two or three concurrently, seems like I can't just make one of anything anymore, it's alot different for me now as i see things from a differnt perspective when building weapons as a game organizer as opposed to a player.I'm not concerned with attaining an advantage over other players only with trying to maintain ballance among the teams. Kinda like parents who can't buy Billy a new bike with out getting his brother one too lol.

It would be cool if we ever shared the field again to have M2s equipped on both sides as peremiter defence weapons. It would mean choosing the avenue of aproach to the target a lot more carefully with the knowledge that there is .50s deployed out there. If you make a 8mm unit that will mean there will be multiple units, enough that they could actually be a effective deterent to any raid attempts by both sides on any real estate they are set up on. Another leap forward in achieving a more realistic game environment.

I'm of the same mindset, every new thing I come up with is done with the hope of creating a more immersive experiance, one that doesn't rely soley on "Suspension of disbelief" to keep the andrenaline and excitment level elevated. With out these types of "Force multiplier" weapons and the interactive props the game runs the risk of stagnating and losing experianced players that it needs to retain to continue to evolve. With out that experianced element the game can never really expand much beyond the basic "Run 'n Gun" stage that it started out as. If it doesn't grow with the players then it ends up becoming something that people lose interest in. There has to be more to the game than the simple "shoot each other" aspect. To facilitate that growth there has to be some kind of added complexity to the objectives of the game, and nothing can do that as well as well thought out weapons and interactive props IMO.
Old July 17th, 2005, 20:43   #55
Dozer_01

That thing looks sweet. I REALLY gotta see this thing!

cheers :cheers:
Old July 18th, 2005, 18:06   #56
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave

Amazing work
Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 06:29   #57
simije

need help

Im also trying to build an m2bmg, it would be a big help if U could contact me.
I need some plans and instructions, that would help a lot.
simije is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 10:19   #58
Godlyspartan
Mr Clean

Send a message via ICQ to Godlyspartan
My god. I have a rice pudding ozzing out from looking at this. Great job !
Old October 7th, 2005, 15:11   #59
Nocturnal
oO?

geez that looks awesome. thats really going to turn heads in some other countries =)

great job

"SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM"
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 19:14   #60
Slick

Send a message via MSN to Slick
Any plans on posting up some pictures still. Ive been seriously planing to build a 1919a4. Id love to see some picture of the internals. Im still figuring out the best way to attach the barrel to the receiver. Secure the hop up and mechbox. Maybe seeing what you did will give me some new ideas.

Thanks
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications > Showcase