Old August 16th, 2014, 13:02   #2
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjoaO5IL8rg

Heres an install video by scooch.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 14:41   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Sweeeet!
Old August 16th, 2014, 14:55   #4
Dracheous
Lego Head

I just don't like how simple the lock is. How long before the veteran door crashers start bringing a magnet along with them for the break in?

While true most break-ins are smash and grab, they still learn quick what the more high value targets are and base time it takes to retrieve said items. This goes from cutting, prying, picking or blasting ones way into a firearms chest to simply taking a strong magnet you can snag for <$10 at any hardware store along.

I suppose one could install a cable lock into the box as well; but then you negate part of the "solution" this presents to "ready go bang".

Still, those book shelves are BAD ass and need to get put into my gun room yesterday!

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 15:38   #5
Aper
E-30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous View Post
I just don't like how simple the lock is. How long before the veteran door crashers start bringing a magnet along with them for the break in?

While true most break-ins are smash and grab, they still learn quick what the more high value targets are and base time it takes to retrieve said items. This goes from cutting, prying, picking or blasting ones way into a firearms chest to simply taking a strong magnet you can snag for <$10 at any hardware store along.

I suppose one could install a cable lock into the box as well; but then you negate part of the "solution" this presents to "ready go bang".

Still, those book shelves are BAD ass and need to get put into my gun room yesterday!
Unless you know the person personnaly, I doubt a thief will break into a house and start looking for the shelves and bathroom mirrors to see if they're doubled.

Normally, when you install those type of gun storage, you shut your mouth and don't brag about it to anyone.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 15:38   #6
Deadpool

Well... Guess I have another woodworking project for this winter...

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 17:03   #7
Kungpow

I am guessing this would not work for firearms owners in Canada. Such as the lock, and storing your firearm serperate from the ammunition.
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 19:18   #8
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Ammunition is in your pocket. I keep a loaded magazine in my back pocket while I walk around my house. Problem solved. Okay that's bullshit, I don't carry one around. Ammunition is hidden inside the phony books on top of the shelving unit.

Also I agree with "APER". Even if you're a gun owner you don't tell a lot of people. Best friends and close family maybe, but not people you work with, neighbours, the kid at the liquor store etc. If they break into your house and take your guns it's because you either didn't lock then up (target of opportunity), or that's what they are there for. In which case a solid metal, dual-lock case, with the firearms chained to the inside is the only thing that'll keep them out.

Last edited by Ricochet; August 17th, 2014 at 12:03..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 19:35   #9
Aper
E-30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Also I agree with Drake.
Let me call him to let him know if he agrees

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 19:43   #10
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
I am guessing this would not work for firearms owners in Canada. Such as the lock, and storing your firearm serperate from the ammunition.
You can store loaded mags with firearms when they are locked in a safe or "cabinet." (Mags/ammo just cant be "attached" to the firearms.)
Good luck convincing a judge that these are either though : /
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 20:24   #11
Dracheous
Lego Head

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aper View Post
Let me call him to let him know if he agrees
I laughed at that too.

But the mouth shut argument still doesn't hold. People make a fatal mistake in assuming that criminals are unintelligent. Reality is that if somehow we could harness the thought process of these people the potential for good ideas would be amazing.

If you've ever studied any loss prevention studies or reports you'll note that people can come up with the most ingenious tactics to smuggle and or lift product from store shelves. These are the same "level" of "idiots" that everyone assumes the "lazy" criminals are.

NOTE: I'm not suggesting we tolerate criminal activity or pussy foot around punishment here at all.

One of my favorite ploys is women will paper mache themselves a baby bump that is quite hollow. As they cup their belly such as a pregnant woman would do, they simple stow product away through slit made at the bottom of the bump. It's incredibly hard to detect, impossible if you don't know what to watch for.

All that said, the point is that people break into houses sometimes at random, some times based on exterior evaluation; but rarely because they know you personally. Those that make their "life" about hitting someones house will constantly be researching how people hide their "good shit".

The term "room was tossed" came about because way back when people thought the safest way to hide shit was in books. So books started to get tossed to the floor, and as they did they would sort themselves out as being a book or some sort of fancy hiding place. Then people got wise to this and started hiding their shit in pockets under drawers; they too get yanked out and tossed so that false bottoms will just break when they hit the floor etc etc etc.

Eventually people that are going to hit your house, be it randomly or because they know you, are going to know to start checking shelves that look EXACTLY like the ones pictured (mirrors too). The locking device is SO basic that all these guys have to do is carry a small magnet that weighs maybe an ounce or two and boom your clever idea is foiled.

It's merely the lock I find lacking in this idea. It is simply too easy to defeat. Everything else is great!

I like the look of the shelves and think they'll do just fine in the proper room; but I know if you get into this one, you'll smash the shelves easy enough.

I'd like to see a model that has a keyed lock hidden somewhere in addition to me being able to hook it up to the home FAB system. Now THAT would be interesting.

I also worry about the lock being to easy to defeat if the Law would fall against me if it was used outside a secured room as well. RCMP still has that right to "inspect your firearm storage" still don't they? And it'd come down to that Officers interpretation of

"Lock the firearms in a vault, safe or room that was built or modified specifically to store firearms safely." - from here

If they say nay on this, then you gotta convince the Judge. As stated by Cobra "Good luck on that one".

The other problem with this is going to be the charges when you employ the firearms locked with in em. All you need is that one prosecutor with the internet looking these up and showing the videos in the courtroom to show how they're "Intended for quick response to a threat." You COULD try countering with "Well bears are a threat too!" But they might wonder why you thought there'd be a bear on your 5th floor condo :P.

And you go down a very slippery and sticky road when you start intentionally making it obvious that the gun is for "self defense". Don't forget it's Canada, you're not allowed to do that.

But you are allowed to buy shovels... lots and lots of shovels. :tup: CLANG dig dig apply shut the fuck up here, and done.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!

Last edited by Dracheous; August 16th, 2014 at 20:27..
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion