Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Slings: Best bang for you're buck!!!????

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 24th, 2013, 15:11   #1
mike_sinyard
derp!

Slings: Best bang for you're buck!!!????

Some people might look at this thread and pass it by because who cares about such a dinky piece of equipment? Well a sling is just as important to me as any other piece of equipment. You can go without one? Sure . I have for a long time now. But I'm finally going to start sporting a sidearm. So I'm going to want a nice sling. Cheap slings save you between$30-50. Sure. But when the clip fails or the strap tears and your $300 gun plus attachments fall to the ground and something breaks. We'd all regret not getting a good sling.

SOOOOO. Long story short. What sling should I be looking at? Where. And how much?

I know I want a one point, but I might want to try and rig it through both shoulder straps and let it hang down the center of my chest. So I can switch left and right handed
Old May 24th, 2013, 15:17   #2
pugs144

2-point sling. Period.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 15:17   #3
EVG31337

I use a Magpul ms2 sling and an asap plate on my m4 and its been nothing but amazing.One point, secure and very adjustable.
Old May 24th, 2013, 15:29   #4
redneck12

I have a Condor dual bungee 1 point rigged thru the shoulder straps of my CIRAS and works perfect. Its a good sling for the money almost 2 years and its still going strong.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 15:45   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

a 2-1 is a good choice, I have an ms2 but I'm not a huge fan of the ultra soft strapping they use.. I find it rolls over itself and jams in the sliders more often than not. It works for the most part and if you muscle it through the material is soft enough to just pull through with the twist in it. It's not overly difficult to pull it through, but distracting enough to be annoying.
Old May 24th, 2013, 15:52   #6
m102404
Tys

I ran a single point bungee sling for several years...it's ok, but a long gun will end up tagging you in the nuts or you'll end up with the muzzle smacking the ground when you take a knee.

A two point offers better control of a long gun...and seems more comfortable with heavier builds.

I have a couple of Blue Force Gear's Vickers slings (there's a couple of different ones). I like the rugged webbing they use...sliding the sling to adjust length/position is very positive and stays put. I've had nylon-y ones get twisted and hung up (think car safety belt strap)...so not a fan of those.

That said...for short light guns like a PDW/MP5/MP7/MP9/etc...a one point works well and a two point seems to be too tangly (at least for me). I just have a loop of paracord on my MP7 for now and it works...but I've got to get a proper 1pt. The MS3's are supposed to be less twisty than the previous versions. I hated how slippery the first gen was.

IMO, it's nice to have the sling setup so that your gun can be swung over to the weak side...vs. left hanging/swinging in the middle.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 16:58   #7
f 666

Magpul ms3 sling is great, it can be a one point or a two point sling,i run a ASAP adaptor and a rsa mount on my m4's and have been very happy with it. It's wider then the ms2 sling which helps with weight distribution and doesn't fray when rubbed against Velcro like the ms2 does, I dont think anybody would argue about It being a better sling then the ms2. The vickers is also a excellent sling.
f 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 17:08   #8
McFearsom

I have a magpul ms2 and a condor bungee 1/2 point with a quick detatch buckle. I prefer my condor for the more rugged strap, bungee feature and quick detach. The 1 or 2 point option is why I got both of these slings!
Old May 24th, 2013, 17:15   #9
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I run my 249 off a 1pt lol
But seriously, I do run all my guns off a 1pt sling, works for me
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 13:01   #10
mike_sinyard
derp!

This I never thought of. When I crouch its Gunna get mud in the barrel if the barrel hits the ground? Anyone from experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
I ran a single point bungee sling for several years...it's ok, but a long gun will end up tagging you in the nuts or you'll end up with the muzzle smacking the ground when you take a knee.
Old May 26th, 2013, 13:43   #11
BogardusFoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_sinyard View Post
This I never thought of. When I crouch its Gunna get mud in the barrel if the barrel hits the ground? Anyone from experience?
If the ground is soft enough for the barrel to penetrate it , you will likely get mud inside.

Name Tapes
Team Patches
Hats
Custom Embroidery
www.stabface.ca
BogardusFoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 15:48   #12
J-Man19

Tried the MS2 and hated it. Currently use a Ferro Concepts 1/2 point sling. Most comfortable sling I've ever used.
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 16:52   #13
coach
aka coachster

MS3. Looped over weak side and typically in one point. Will move to 2 point and cinch it up to stow the rifle behind me when transitioning to extended pistol work.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 17:33   #14
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

I like my Mission Spec Irene Adaptive Sling.

http://missionspec.com/products/ias-...daptive-sling/
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 18:22   #15
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Love the Magpul MS2/3 slings, one point when fighting, two point and shorten when transporting it on my back.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion