Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

First GBB Pistol?

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 28th, 2013, 17:27   #1
ZanderFTW

First GBB Pistol?

After my friend bought his third gbbp, and looking on the internet for one I think its my time to buy my gbbp. I've been looking for awhile now, and its came down to the kwa m9/1911 ptp or the kwa usp. I have been looking on a lot of reviews on the guns and all of them seem to be about the same performance wise. But I have some pros and cons on each of the gun.

Kwa M9: Pros: Lots of information on the internet, mag capacity, looks
Cons: Might shoot to hot for indoor, trigger problem or something,
Kwa 1911: Pros: looks, lots of information on the internet, friends have 1911s
Cons: low mag capacity(big con for me)
kwa usp: Pros: licensed by H&K, more unique, mag capacity
Cons: Discontinued might be hard to find mags, not a lot of information on the internet

I'm leaning towards the usp because I heard nothing but great things about it but I'm asking which gun do you think is the best in your opinion. Also, I might use my pistol as a primary one day if that helps.
ZanderFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 18:00   #2
Mr. Gruntsworthy

Unless you're prepared to hunt down parts and accessories, I'd avoid anything that's discontinued. If it kicks the bucket a month down the road, it'll be difficult to obtain replacement parts, if it's something unique to the USP design.

Personally, I'd go with the 1911. Everyone loves a good 1911!

Sidearm: KJW Taurus PT92 (olive drab)
320fps, semi-automatic. Propane GBB

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open facebook group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft players. Join the Forums as well
Come join!

My Game Dev website: http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Mr. Gruntsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 18:04   #3
ZanderFTW

I love the 1911 but the mag capacity is killing me and its out of stock, and will be for a long time (revolution airsoft)
Old March 28th, 2013, 18:04   #4
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Hold them in your hand before you buy one. It's only through that you learn what you like and what you don't. In my experience... I've owned a M9A1, a Glock 17, and a Hi-Capa. The Glock 17 is my go to these days. The Hi-Capa felt like I was shooting a 2x4... Safety location was nice though.

The M9A1 is nice, but has a few ergonomic issues that put me a bit off of the design. The safety is mounted on the slide, so it's hard to disengage. Not that much of an issue, I run the gun with it off all the time anyways. The issue is when I go to reload... The M9A1 has a nice solid slide release, but I prefer to slingshot my slide. I really can't get a good hold on the slide, and on more than one occasion I've accidentally hit the safety into the on position, resulting in a really big surprise when I try and fire. Eventually went to blading the sights with my left hand, which solved the problem.

The trigger pull is atrocious as well... The single action is amazing, but the double action is long and doesn't have a clean break. First shot accuracy is horrible, and its not designed to holster in SA, so you have to decock, holster, then deal with that trigger pull every time you pull the pistol.

Lastly, it is also a damn heavy pistol. It's nice and hefty, but wear it on your hip for eight hours and you'll feel it.

What I do like? It points well. The sights are nice and easy to acquire. The single action trigger is to die for, it's got the best break of any trigger I've ever fired. The chamber is nice and visible when the slide is back, so I can load individual BBs are do a chamber check. The grip fits my hands really well, the only better fit I have is a Glock... the height over bore may be higher on the M9A1, but the grip fits better, especially with the beavertail. A valve is available to reduce it to CQB velocities. You can throw the new generation of magazines through a wall, they'll probably survive. Don't leak at all.

So why did I go with a Glock as my primary sidearm? It points well, it has one consistent, crisp trigger pull, I can slingshot it no problem, and I can grip it extremely well, with bore low over my hand. I load it to real cap, but I can always load 24 rounds vs. the 17 I normally cary. It's also light and dead simple to figure out. It just works... and very, very well at that.

Last edited by MaybeStopCalling; March 28th, 2013 at 18:09..
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 18:44   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Shot my KSC USP downstairs, plastic slide, got 90 rounds off in one fill lol
So nice.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 19:30   #6
redneck12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanderFTW View Post
I love the 1911 but the mag capacity is killing me and its out of stock, and will be for a long time (revolution airsoft)
What do you mean by mag capacity the single stack 1911 mags hold 23-26 rounds. The only draw back is the mags hold less propane. But nothing beats a sexy all metal 1911. They are just like the Glock very few moving parts to crap out and easy too work on, and tons of upgrade parts.

But it all comes down to what works best for you, I personaly can't stand how the Glock sits in my hand so I stick to 1911's or Sigs which are confortable and easy for me to shoot.

But you definatley want to go to a game and try out all the types your looking at or fondle them all in the store, that way you can see what suits your needs and your hands.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 19:36   #7
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
if you go 1911, I'd say go TM, 26 round mags, excellent performance

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 19:39   #8
bizkilter

Fondling in the store can lead to restraining orders. Just sayin'
Old March 28th, 2013, 20:55   #9
ZanderFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
What do you mean by mag capacity the single stack 1911 mags hold 23-26 rounds. The only draw back is the mags hold less propane. But nothing beats a sexy all metal 1911. They are just like the Glock very few moving parts to crap out and easy too work on, and tons of upgrade parts.

But it all comes down to what works best for you, I personaly can't stand how the Glock sits in my hand so I stick to 1911's or Sigs which are confortable and easy for me to shoot.

But you definatley want to go to a game and try out all the types your looking at or fondle them all in the store, that way you can see what suits your needs and your hands.
The kwa 1911 mk2 holds 13 rounds
Old March 28th, 2013, 20:57   #10
ZanderFTW

I know the 1911 fits well in my hands, so I will probably get it in the end I just have to wait for it to get back in stock.
Old March 28th, 2013, 22:35   #11
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
The kwa 1911 mk2 holds 13 rounds
When your gun is empty and you're being shot at, you'll wish you had more

That being said though, different 1911s have different fits. I know I can get by with a USGI grip, but I can't stand the MEU grips. Luckily, grips can be changed.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 23:37   #12
Strelok

Less rounds, more incentive to make each shot count. I use a Tanaka Single Action Army revolver as a backup.

M1911's are great ergonomically, you've got my vote on that. I hate beefy pistols.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 15:11   #13
sammynac99

Look at the TM hi capas, extremely accurate with 30 round magazines, high rate of fire and kool 1911 looks. Also there is a huge list of upgrade parts available. If you buy a pistol that's not TM, get a KWA as recently they have been produce pretty good quality all metal pistols. Most people know that TMs are the Best, look for one that's new or used and use it a bit, you will also fall in love as they are some of the most robust Airsoft pistols. There is no reason you can't run this gun as a primary effectively as well, I know I have and love using it indoors!
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 15:38   #14
ZanderFTW

I originally wanted the tm glock or hicapa 5.1 but there hard to find in stores in Canada.
Old March 29th, 2013, 15:43   #15
MultipleParadox

Quote:
I originally wanted the tm glock or hicapa 5.1 but there hard to find in stores in Canada.
Get age verified and they'll suddenly become easy to find...
I happen to have a TM HiCapa for sale in the classifieds, but don't PM me until you're age verified though (forum rules)

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank