Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CQB Setup

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 25th, 2013, 19:51   #1
Delta Charlie

CQB Setup

Hey guys I've recently been looking into purchasing a new M4 as a primary CQB weapon, and I need some help/ maybe inside advice on two specific weapons that I am kind of taking a liking to.

The first is the ICS M4. Now, I really like the gun due to the ease of the split gearbox and the handiness of the spring decompression feature, seeing as both guns will most likely be needing to be downgraded anyways, I personally would probably be able to accomplish this with the ICS. The only problem, is that I would like one that is rear wired (as to fit a RIS system on) but I don't want it to have to take those proprietary ICS batteries so it would need to be aftermarket rear wired.

Second is the G&G (Socom Gear) PWS Diablo. Now I personally already own a G&G m4 (field setup) and I love the thing to death. However, this gun is not so easy to work on so this would require it being taken in to a tech to be downgraded, and the body is full plastic (which doesn't bother me too much as I have seen how good quality G&G's plastic is). On the plus side, it already has a RIS system that I like, so that would not have to be upgraded. I also really like the little things that my G&G has that make it that much better i.e really crisp selector switch, a nice "sound" when it shoots, and a great look and feel to it.

I just want a reliable, accurate CQB weapon that is going to last me a while. I do also plan on purchasing a few upgrade after market parts (Mosfet, possibly new spring guide, piston, piston head and cylinder head) so of course, I need a gun that is TM compatible.

Any thoughts??

Last edited by Delta Charlie; March 25th, 2013 at 19:53..
Delta Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 15:08   #2
sammynac99

Do you have any preference to the look of it? I run a G and G m4 for cqb, however I really like the look of the plastic blowback series mp5 they are now making, what's your budget like? Do you want a AEG for sure or a GBBR?
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 15:59   #3
Delta Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammynac99 View Post
Do you have any preference to the look of it? I run a G and G m4 for cqb, however I really like the look of the plastic blowback series mp5 they are now making, what's your budget like? Do you want a AEG for sure or a GBBR?
The look of the base gun doesn't matter too much in my case because I will most likely be upgrading things like the RIS system to get it to look how I want, after that it would just be basic accessories. As for my budget, I'd say under 400$, and I mean I'm open to a GBBR, the only problem being that I'd have to by lots of new mags which would cost a lot, that's my only problem.
Old March 26th, 2013, 21:53   #4
Mr. Gruntsworthy

As much as the haters are gonna hate, my Velocity Arms MP5A3 might not be suited for outdoor use, but I tear shit up in CQB with it. It doesn't have the tight response time of a GBB, but it seems like you wanna stick with AEG anyways. The A2, A3, or K variant should do you justice in a CQB environment.

Sidearm: KJW Taurus PT92 (olive drab)
320fps, semi-automatic. Propane GBB

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open facebook group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft players. Join the Forums as well
Come join!

My Game Dev website: http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Mr. Gruntsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 22:39   #5
Delta Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gruntsworthy View Post
As much as the haters are gonna hate, my Velocity Arms MP5A3 might not be suited for outdoor use, but I tear shit up in CQB with it. It doesn't have the tight response time of a GBB, but it seems like you wanna stick with AEG anyways. The A2, A3, or K variant should do you justice in a CQB environment.
Yeah I've been looking at the MP5 variants an they definitely would have the upper hand in a CQB environment, I might just look a little further into them
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion