:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 17th, 2008, 04:06   #91
natzkali

Prometheus make a 6.01 barrels.
natzkali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:35   #92
Donster

yes but they are really expensive. DB Custom makes them too, here is some info about them. Id get this barrel for my M14 and order it to Airsoft GI.

Quote:
6.01mm Tight Bore Inner Barrels
Available from MP5K to AK47 length, the improvements in accuracy and range will impress even the most seasoned player. With our new inner barrel in a stock Classic Army M15A4 carbine (14.25" length) we have velocity improvements of 20-25 feet per second and accuracy improvements of 2-3" groups at 25 yards, with the hop-up unit turned off! Use in actual games and events has shown increased range of up to 1/3 more then stock!

Also available in specific models of gas operated Airsoft replica, the improvements in velocity are just staggering!

In a stock Tanaka M40A1, using green gas and firing 0.34g BBs, we had an improvement of 56 fps! Imagine going from 529 fps to 585 fps simply by changing your inner barrel? The end result has been used in multiple games and target shoots by our staff to test it and has been able to hit man sized targets past 100 yards with consistency.

The new inner barrel made for the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 has shown velocities of 330-338 fps in a stock pistol with green gas and 0.20g BBs and over 350 fps with high flow valves installed.
All barrels are guaranteed within 0.0015 of total run out or better, which insures you the straightest barrel possible for the most accuracy potential out of your Airsoft replicas
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 11:15   #93
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natzkali View Post
Prometheus make a 6.01 barrels.
I'd like to know your source for that information. I've never seen nor heard of Prometheus putting a 6.01mm bore barrel on the market.

Other manufacturers of 6.01mm barrels:
- PDI
- EdGI

EdGI also provides barrels down to 6.00mm.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 11:44   #94
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Illusion, have you (or heard of anyone) tested these barrels over 330fps to see what they do for range/accuracy, to see if they actually do perform worse as the fps goes up? I recall you saying you'd test them out with various velocities, but don't remember seeing anything about it since.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 14:54   #95
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Illusion, have you (or heard of anyone) tested these barrels over 330fps to see what they do for range/accuracy, to see if they actually do perform worse as the fps goes up? I recall you saying you'd test them out with various velocities, but don't remember seeing anything about it since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Q3. "What happens beyond 1 Joule or 330fps with 0.20g BBs?"
A3. Up to 330fps, the results of the shot and even the shots dropoff are very predictable, accurate and flat. Groupings remain tight with very little spread. However, once the velocity of the shot begins to exceed that limit, the shot starts to become unpredictable with increased spread. The higher the velocity, the greater the perceived spread.
And just a bit below that:
Quote:
How do I like these inner barrels? I love them. I wish they worked well at 400fps. At 360fps, they are still very acceptable and I will take that in to consideration when using them in some of my guns.
But for now, I am FOR SURE putting these inner barrels into all my pistols and low powered AEGs.
Those quotes were taken from the original post. Those comments were derived directly from first hand experience at both 360fps and up to 420fps.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 15:05   #96
Long_Bong

Would having a shorter inner Tanio barrel with a longuer outer barrel cause performance issue?

Ie a Tanio 256 mm in a 267 mm outer barrel
Long_Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 15:07   #97
The Saint

No more than having a shorter tightbore or stock inner barrel inside a longer outer barrel.
Old February 19th, 2008, 15:08   #98
Long_Bong

I m a newbie, would this cause problem?

I would be thinking about air turbulence.
Long_Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 15:10   #99
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
And just a bit below that:

Those quotes were taken from the original post. Those comments were derived directly from first hand experience at both 360fps and up to 420fps.
Thanks. So above 330fps they are no better than a regular tightbore then.
Old February 19th, 2008, 15:16   #100
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Thanks. So above 330fps they are no better than a regular tightbore then.
so that is a fact then? i am just curious because if that is the case, then for hotter shooting rifles, you are better of with a TB, and for slower shooting stock guns, and pistols, you are better off with a twist barrel. still, i think a good quality 6.01mm barrel would be a better choice in the longrun because you get great accuracy and the range/power.
Old February 19th, 2008, 15:24   #101
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
so that is a fact then? i am just curious because if that is the case, then for hotter shooting rifles, you are better of with a TB, and for slower shooting stock guns, and pistols, you are better off with a twist barrel. still, i think a good quality 6.01mm barrel would be a better choice in the longrun because you get great accuracy and the range/power.
Looks like it.
Old February 19th, 2008, 15:25   #102
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
Illusion is there a minimum length that's required? Last year I picked up a TK twist barrel for my Hi Capa 5.1 and found it it was terrible. Not only was effective range shorter, I found the shots to be very erratic (as if the BB did not fully stabilize). Did not have this problem with my Nineball 6.03mm or PDI 6.01mm TBs.

Edit: I noticed that it was poor even at short ranges like when playing at TTAC3.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45

Last edited by Colin_S; February 19th, 2008 at 15:35..
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 15:29   #103
Donster

thats god to know colin, i think ill just pick up a Db custom 6.01 from airsoft GI.
Old February 19th, 2008, 15:38   #104
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
thats god to know colin, i think ill just pick up a Db custom 6.01 from airsoft GI.
Well it may be a bit premature to consider that fact, that's why I'm interested in what Illusion has to say. Perhaps there's a trick I had to do or something...

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 15:54   #105
Griffin

Colin is your 5.1 shooting above 330fps because from what I have read and been told, you lose accuracy etc when you go above that speed. Myself I have the twist barrel in, my 5.1 and find it very accurate.
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications