Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

RS SIG P226 Grip fitment on KJW P226

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 8th, 2011, 18:28   #1
Gunny1980

RS SIG P226 Grip fitment on KJW P226

Heya folks

Just wanted to see if anybody has tried or knows if the factory RS SIG P226 Grips will fit on a KJW P226. Thanks in advance!
Gunny1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 22:38   #2
rustysniper

well...as KJ is a knock off of TM....and TM is a clone of the RS Sig....reason would lead us to believe it should be a GO!
Old November 8th, 2011, 22:42   #3
Gunny1980

i figured as much but wanted a second opinion lol. They are pretty cheap so even if its a no go then not a total loss. I can always pawn them off on my buddy who does have a RS Sig lol
Old November 8th, 2011, 22:53   #4
bigbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysniper View Post
well...as KJ is a knock off of TM....and TM is a clone of the RS Sig....reason would lead us to believe it should be a GO!
TM didn't clone a sig, they replicated it to the best of their ability.
http://airsoft-barracks.com/site/ind...226-grip-guide
I hope that helps. It seems you have to dremel out a bit of the real ones to get them to fit properly.
I believe a 50.4V 5000mAh battery would cause the gun to implode on itself creating a mini black hole-like object that would suck in all clearsoft guns within a 2 AU radius... an attraction so strong that not even a Kraken could escape...
bigbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 23:26   #5
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Thats a great link, thank you!
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:06   #6
Crunchmeister

Not sure if the original grips will fit or not. I know that Hogue grips won't fit without some modding because of the oversized trigger spring housing in the airsoft version. I would suspect that since the real grips also wrap around the rear of the pistol grip, they would also need to be modded to fit properly.

Otherwise, sizing and screw placement is identical and should work just fine.
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:13   #7
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

imo it wasn't worth it to try and dremel a real grip to try and fit, there's a lot of places an airsoft gun is different than RS when you start taking off externals.

I tried a RS hogue grip for my kwa and spent 2-3 hours carefully dremelling out the areas that needed to be cut, and it still didn't fit, in the end, I wasted 40$ on a ruined hogue grip cause parts of it ended up being too thin and it still didn't fit. Too bad, it was super comfortable.

I've been told though that TM/kwj might be slightly less than 1:1 to RS in size, while the KWA seems to be slightly more than 1:1 in width of the frame handle. You might have better luck than me since you don't have a kwa. But be prepared to sacrifice your RS parts. Or I just completely failed at dremeling.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:32   #8
Gunny1980

Thanks for the advice guys i really appreciate it. I am considering giving it a try anyways.
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:39   #9
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
imo it wasn't worth it to try and dremel a real grip to try and fit, there's a lot of places an airsoft gun is different than RS when you start taking off externals.

I tried a RS hogue grip for my kwa and spent 2-3 hours carefully dremelling out the areas that needed to be cut, and it still didn't fit, in the end, I wasted 40$ on a ruined hogue grip cause parts of it ended up being too thin and it still didn't fit. Too bad, it was super comfortable.

I've been told though that TM/kwj might be slightly less than 1:1 to RS in size, while the KWA seems to be slightly more than 1:1 in width of the frame handle. You might have better luck than me since you don't have a kwa. But be prepared to sacrifice your RS parts. Or I just completely failed at dremeling.
I agree with the above. I was able to get my hogue wrap around grip 90% of the way and gave up after about an hour of swearing. Its just little high spots that are rasied up that dont make the back flush. But it is possable to get it super close. It's just a matter of fine tuning.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 14:35   #10
Crunchmeister

You can also just get TM P226 grips that have the proper SIG trademarks rather than the stock KJW ones with their trades. No modding or fitting required, and they look just like the real thing.

And if you want Hogue, I'd say to just get one of the slip-on grips instead.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion