Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Kwa kriss vector gbb review

:

Reviews

Old January 26th, 2013, 03:46   #1
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Kwa kriss vector gbb review

This is a KWA Kriss Vector GBB Review I'm posting on behalf of my brother Noveske since he's pretty inactive on these forums and I don't think many of you are active on Arnies airsoft.

Anyway here goes

"It has been a LONG time since I've gotten so excited about any airsoft gun. When they announced the KWA Kriss Vector earlier on this year at Shotshow, I was a bit skeptical as I've never been a huge fan of KWA products. I've only ever liked their MP7, but other than that, not a fan (apologies to KWA fans out there). After watching the videos and pics, I started to have a change of heart and the anticipation grew. FINALLY, after almost a year, KWA finally released the KWA KRISS VECTOR this week. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on the first batch as they're almost sold out everywhere. Hot item I guess. Without further ado, here are my initial impressions (and pics!):

Box Contents (may vary from country to country):

Box includes, 1x Kriss Vector, 2x Long Magazines (HK only I believe), 1x accessory rail, 1x front BUIS, 1x rear BUIS, 1 QD ring, 1x barrel thread protector, 1x vertical foregrip, 1x hop up adjustment tool, 1x sight adjustment tool, 1x instruction manual

Externals are solidly built. Great polymer used and the stock is solid when extended out. When folded up, it clips into the receiver well. One thing I did notice was its weight. With the magazine in, the thing is not light. Rails are aluminum and zinc alloy charging handle & controls (could be steel but I have not yet tried it with a magnet).

Fire controls are ambidextrous, crisp and click into place very solidly. I have yet to decide whether I like having separate controls for safety and fire select. That said, it is very different in weapon control ergonomics, that's for sure. Trigger is very crisp. KWA did a great job with the trigger design. There is almost no travel. Only things that aren't ambidextrous are the charging handle, bolt lock and magazine catch. I supposed this could be due to the side folding stock. One thing i noticed was that it took a little more force than I expected to pull back the charging handle. Not sure if this will loosen up over time. The bolt catch, although not being ambidextrous features a tab which enables you to lock back the bolt manually.

As for the magazine catch, I don't particularly think it's in an intuitive place. It sits a little too high up on the magwell which is fine if you plan on just dropping your mag to the floor, but perhaps my hands are too small to be able to hold and remove the mag with one hand. I wish KRISS would have designed the mag release on the firing hand.

OK on to the internals. KWA designed the KRISS VECTOR GBB to field strip exactly the same way the real steel one does. 4 identical pins hold the entire platform together.

Inside, you'll find all STEEL parts. That's right, KWA did not go wrong on this part. Firing mech, hammer, sear, Super V mech and even the bolt is steel. Although this means you'll have to keep your gun well lubed, it should outlast that crappy pot metal that we oh so commonly see in stock GBBs.

Kriss Super V System with metal bolt:

The hop up is the new KWA style 2-pronged one. Still a hastle to tune but at least the tool is provided:

Steel hammer, sear & selector system:

Field Stripped:

Magazines are proprietary to the KRISS. TOO BAD they didn't make Glock magazines work with the Kriss, but again I guess KWA never made a .45ACP Glock replica. The magazines are definately much larger. I'm a little iffy about the mags as the first one I got leaked out of the box and it had to be replaced. I've put a KSC/KWA Glock mag next to it for comparison:

Shooting the Kriss is absolutely awesome. Not a whole lot of recoil (for obvious reasons), but it's remarkably straight. I ran a few tests through the chrono and it clocked at at about 340-350FPS (~1.4J with 0.25g BBs).

Some more pics:

Next to an FPG (lol):

I'll be taking her out tomorrow for a game. So I'll let everyone know how it goes. Feel free to ask me questions and I'll try my best to answer them"

Here are a couple photos of the game my brother Noveske went to

Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:52   #2
QKLee11

Nice pics, what did you pay for it? I want one
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 23:15   #3
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
Its his brothers gun he lives in Hong Kong. I tried out Adrian's KWA Kriss last weekend. Really nice balance and weight to the gun. The two round burst feature is cool but gez one of the ugliest guns ever and non existent kick for a gbbr.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 23:41   #4
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

It should not have a kick, so I think they made it fine...

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 21:11   #5
whisper_kill

I'm not a huge gun fanatic, but I don't think the real kriss has a whole lot of recoil.
Old February 21st, 2013, 23:29   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

It was actually designed to drop mags to the ground
Since you don't really want to spend the time to save the mag in CQB
But they didn't account for the airsoft mags being over $50 and very fragile lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 14:44   #7
mack_silent

There's less recoil because it operates like the real steel version.
Kriss Super V (TDI vector) operation - YouTube

The piston weight (yellow part in video) goes downwards between shots reducing upwards recoil. It also accounts for the butt f-ugly looks of the gun.
mack_silent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 17:25   #8
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Here's my review of the KWA Kriss magazine

Brand new gun, less than a week old, never gamed

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews