Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mauser vs well (Sr pro vs warrior 1)

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 9th, 2011, 12:11   #1
Detriix

Mauser vs well (Sr pro vs warrior 1)

Hello ladies and gents second time posting here...I completely forgot I had an account here lol. Anyways let's get to the point I'm looking into buying my first airsoft and I know a lot of players and seniors will say don't get a sniper as my airsoft and get an AEG instead. I've looked into the warrior 1 a lot more than the sr but I wanted pro advice...I have a few questions

Pro and cons on both
Which is better out the box
Which has a better upgrade selection
And anything anyone wants to add tips and such
Detriix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 12:26   #2
Con Murder

If you were close to Lethbridge I would invite you to a game, provided you are 18. Then you could have your pick of about a half dozen springer 'snipers' some shooting farther than others. Now I would have to ask the owners to bear the shame of bringing them out, you see all were purchased by a player who was told sniping aint for nubes. And they now have an AEG or two and rarely even speak of those 'sniper' days, though if you bring it up they will glare at you...
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 20:45   #3
Strelok

Don't waste your time dude.

Just because a gun is designated as a sniper rifle doesn't give it immediate advantages over an AEG.

Think of it this way. A stock Bolt action will shoot almost exactly as a stock AEG will.

AEG's are more accurate in the sense of 'Accuracy through volume.'

With a bolt action, you're left with a single shot. You'll be left at a complete disadvantage.

Another note : The two rifles you listed are genuine potmetal china shit, a waste of money. If you want to take up a sniper role, your only real option is to buy quality platforms such as a Tokyo Marui VSR-10 (TM, no clone.) or an actual Maruzen or Classic Army APS-2 system.

There is no real way around it, and in finality you will be paying out of your ass to get the gun shooting right.

Buy an AEG.

Also, I figure I might as well just answer your questions.

Pro and cons on both
Pro's : None.
Cons : They're shit.

Neither, they're shit.

From what I understand, they're both 'Maruzen' clones in a sense, but being trashy china pot metal clone guns any actual use of upgrades will be fustrating. They won't fit in properly, and to even get a mild effect you're looking into replacing 90% of the gun.

So in short, Neither. They're shit.

See above.

Last edited by Strelok; March 9th, 2011 at 22:00..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 21:42   #4
venture

Well, you asked not to get that advice, but it is the best advice. Go electric.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 23:07   #5
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Strelok is correct, as usual. If anything, the only thing those cheapo brands are good for are the bodies because like he said, Maruzen clone, so Maruzen compatible. The only good thing about those two brands are the bodies, they make up for the shatty internals with ungodly hard plastic bodies

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 23:35   #6
leth1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Don't waste your time dude.

Just because a gun is designated as a sniper rifle doesn't give it immediate advantages over an AEG.

Think of it this way. A stock Bolt action will shoot almost exactly as a stock AEG will.

AEG's are more accurate in the sense of 'Accuracy through volume.'

With a bolt action, you're left with a single shot. You'll be left at a complete disadvantage.

Another note : The two rifles you listed are genuine potmetal china shit, a waste of money. If you want to take up a sniper role, your only real option is to buy quality platforms such as a Tokyo Marui VSR-10 (TM, no clone.) or an actual Maruzen or Classic Army APS-2 system.

There is no real way around it, and in finality you will be paying out of your ass to get the gun shooting right.

Buy an AEG.

Also, I figure I might as well just answer your questions.

Pro and cons on both
Pro's : None.
Cons : They're shit.

Neither, they're shit.

From what I understand, they're both 'Maruzen' clones in a sense, but being trashy china pot metal clone guns any actual use of upgrades will be fustrating. They won't fit in properly, and to even get a mild effect you're looking into replacing 90% of the gun.

So in short, Neither. They're shit.

See above.
A) have you ever used them?
B) my well L96 is a laserbeam
C) as a first sniper rifle they aren't shit as the knowledge required for sniper style play is more easily gained when you can practice without breaking the bank
D) since you only seem to spew out shit you must be full of it
Old March 9th, 2011, 23:54   #7
georgehutchison

I havn't been killed by sniper fire very often at all. Maybe counted 10 times through my career. Leth1337 has hit me a couple times with his "Cheapy" I never seen it coming both times.

My opinion: Its the guy holding the gun. Leth1337 is a naturally patient player with attention to detail. I have had many kills with cheap bolts. Every time I get a kill with one I feel great knowing what takes some players 15 shots, took me one shot.

Hell ask some of the players around here about my $10 pink springer.

OP question: The SR pro tactical feels good, shots well and has a good beginner scope and bipod included. Not to bad for the cheaper price.

Last edited by georgehutchison; March 9th, 2011 at 23:57..
georgehutchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 23:54   #8
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Quote:
Originally Posted by leth1337 View Post
A) have you ever used them?
B) my well L96 is a laserbeam
That isn't either of the two models that were listed. I've worked with WELL L96s for a good 3 years, I even owned one. They are good rifles, those listed are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leth1337 View Post
C) as a first sniper rifle they aren't shit as the knowledge required for sniper style play is more easily gained when you can practice without breaking the bank
D) since you only seem to spew out shit you must be full of it
It is wise not to mouth off to a respected member of the community, and if you interpret his knowledge as such, then you really have no place to comment.

And breaking the bank when it comes to sniper rifles isnt in reference to buying the guns, it's a reference to fixing, upgrading, maintaining them as opposed to buying the guns he listed.

Also, a member of this community did an overview of the WELL SR Pro Tactical, watch it, you'll see why this community looks poorly on clone rifles

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

Last edited by SniperSam; March 9th, 2011 at 23:57..
Old March 9th, 2011, 23:55   #9
Strelok

I've used the clones before. The Wells L96, VSR, etc. They've come off as trashy in comparison to the CA M24 I previously owned, and my current VSR10.

I've only changed the spring and relubed my TM VSR-10 and its already shooting exceedingly well compared to these other guns.

While you're here. You could easily be contributing to the thread rather than contesting what i've had to say. I'm curious what you've changed out in your L96 to make it a "Laserbeam"
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 00:54   #10
Jagd
Jagdalex

Well I have to say that I have a TSD L96 which is exactly the same thing as a Well L96 and for myself I refused to pay for a TM or Maruzen at Canadian premium price, to have all the internals removed anyway and getting after market products.

Well L96 are excellent and the after market parts made for the Maruzen Type 96 fits perfectly well inside. My PDI hop-up fit perfectly well as well as the Modify Type 96 parts and aftermarket TB barrel. So all in all for less than $500 CAD I have TSD 96 with everything upgraded save for the trigger group (no need since I don't shoot above 450 FPS with it anyway) no need for zero trigger.

That totally out performs a stock Maruzen that would have cost me minimum the same price but bone stock.

I know someone who has a maruzen with minimal upgrades and my clone is WAY more accurate than his.

So yeah alot of people don't really know what they are talking about related to clone sniper rifle. Not all clones are garbage and lots of people don't know shit indeed about what they are talking about, always saying that clones are garbage no matter what...
Old March 10th, 2011, 01:25   #11
SniperSam

^^^^ See the posts above where we say we should be adding to the discussion instead of counter arguing points made ^^^^

I don't if anyone has noticed... but the word "clone" is being used. Now what does that tell us? Maybe it could mean they're compatible with the original non-cloned gun parts?

Look, the thing with clones is, they're not all exact copies, they have terrible quality control, and thus are prone to being lemons.

Jagdalex, you just said the clone rifle is compatible with aftermarket parts like the original; that after you upgraded it so much it isn't even a TSD L96 anymore, and it performs better slightly then the original make just by a little?

He proved it himself, he bought a clone for say... ~250$, plus the 500$ or so in upgrades... ~700$ in total for a gun he can also get for just under twice that (~475$) with half the amount of upgrades and still perform well (~150$). (like TM VSR10 stock plus PDI upgrades=~650$)

Old March 10th, 2011, 01:58   #12
liquidgenesis

Send a message via AIM to liquidgenesis Send a message via Yahoo to liquidgenesis
OP: since you have your heart set.....

hate to break it to you. the mauser sr pro and the well warrior 1 are the same exact rifle (where it counts). Only the stock is different.

Pros
they're cheap
lots of upgrades thanks to PDI and Modify

Cons
accuracy stock is balls
costs a lot of money to get it to where you really want it. (mines already $600 in and I'm not done yet)

the same gun (cept stock)

whatever fits in one, fits in the other (including stock)

And anything anyone wants to add tips and such.
save up for an M14. they're dope wikka wikka fresh. but get TM. easier to find mid cap mags... actually easier to find mags period
liquidgenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:06   #13
Jagd
Jagdalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSam View Post
^^^^ See the posts above where we say we should be adding to the discussion instead of counter arguing points made ^^^^

I don't if anyone has noticed... but the word "clone" is being used. Now what does that tell us? Maybe it could mean they're compatible with the original non-cloned gun parts?

Look, the thing with clones is, they're not all exact copies, they have terrible quality control, and thus are prone to being lemons.

Jagdalex, you just said the clone rifle is compatible with aftermarket parts like the original; that after you upgraded it so much it isn't even a TSD L96 anymore, and it performs better slightly then the original make just by a little?

He proved it himself, he bought a clone for say... ~250$, plus the 500$ or so in upgrades... ~700$ in total for a gun he can also get for just under twice that (~475$) with half the amount of upgrades and still perform well (~150$). (like TM VSR10 stock plus PDI
upgrades=~650$)
Humm no...you got me wrong. I said I paid EVERYTHING new under 500$. I imported the tsd myself and it cost me 125 plus the upgrade parts 325. It cost me 450 total.

So at 450 canadian price, you will not get a brand new Maruzen type 96 bone stock, and we are not even talking about any upgrades put into it yet...

Someone I know as a stock Maruzen with some minor upgrades and it performs WAY less than my tsd fully upgraded...not just slightly...please dude read...and he paid 650 for it here in the classified. So he paid 200$ more and he would have to invest again...in order to have something equivalent to mine.

Last edited by Jagd; March 10th, 2011 at 10:21..
Jagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:17   #14
kylem_8

Send a message via MSN to kylem_8
This is my review of the Mauser SR Pro Tactical

YouTube - Mauser SR Pro Tactical

your choice.... personally.. not worth the money
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:29   #15
Jagd
Jagdalex

But for sure with any of those either Mauser or the Warrior/Well/Tsd L96, if your are.not willing.to change lots of the internal parts it,s really not worth it. Stock it,s worse than anykind of decent aeg and by a long shot...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank