Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC SCAR issues

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 20th, 2010, 18:58   #1
teriases

VFC SCAR issues

Hi guys,

Tried to search on VFC SCAR issues or problems, cant seem to find any...

Basically, I got a VFC SCAR brand new few weeks ago. Never gamed, only tested at home. I have 2 new batteries for it, it still have charges in it, so I started to use it.

Thing is, when I first got it, i tried it with the iron sights. The shots seems to be landing wayyyyy down(I know the flip up sights makes shots go down, but I'm talking about at least 5inches down...). So I played with the hop up a bit, and its allot better.

Now when I got a new ICS M4 lately, and compared to it, the VFC SCAR seems to be extremely inaccurate... The "cone" of fire is about 15 degrees(my estimate), as compared to the M4 of about 6 degrees!

So today I am testing it again just doing some target practice against a target about not even 8ft away. Basically as I mentioned before shots are landing at random spots... some are high, some are low, some are off to the right, etc etc... very weird. I kept testing it to the point that the batteries are dead(or at least I think so, motor wouldn't move at all when trigger pulled).

So, my question is - does batter power effect accuracy? I was using new batteries, so they should have a full charge right? I only put thru not even over 200 rounds, is it possible there are still battery power, but there's an electrical issue?(I have 2 batteries by the way, both seems to be dead).

Anything help or suggestions would be great. I am going to try to take the thing apart tonight to see if there's anything odd I see. Will keep updated.
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 19:15   #2
GBear

Send a message via MSN to GBear
I also have a VFC SCAR. Just from what I've been told, that hop up sleeve isn't the best. That's why I replaced mine. Maybe this is the issue? Can anyone else verify this? I'm curious too. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 19:15   #3
HaloSix4
aka Halo64

Check the inner barrel, two of the VFC SCARS I both had slightly bent inner barrels and the Hop-Up Rubber was very cheap, replaced with a new Systema Rubber and a Madbull Inner and they were great guns.
HaloSix4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 19:35   #4
teriases

VFC SCAR issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloSix4
Check the inner barrel, two of the VFC SCARS I both had slightly bent inner barrels and the Hop-Up Rubber was very cheap, replaced with a new Systema Rubber and a Madbull Inner and they were great guns.
Yikes... Kinda surprised this kinda quality innards with a 600+ gun! I'll open it up and take a gander...
Old June 20th, 2010, 19:49   #5
Kos-Mos

Brand new batteries ship empty.

I just wish fo you that you did not overdrained them, or you just scrapped two batteries.

No, battery has nothing to do with FPS or accuracy. It is like asking if a car running on gas goes more straight than a diesel.

Hop-up rubber and or barrel is the cause.

Also, at 8ft you are lucky to see the BB hit in your field of view when aiming. The iron sights on an Airsoft guns should be set around 100'.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 20:29   #6
teriases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post

I just wish fo you that you did not overdrained them, or you just scrapped two batteries.

No, battery has nothing to do with FPS or accuracy. It is like asking if a car running on gas goes more straight than a diesel.

Also, at 8ft you are lucky to see the BB hit in your field of view when aiming. The iron sights on an Airsoft guns should be set around 100'.
Shit...

I'm gotta grab a charger at my local hobby shop right away tomorrow to CPR them... or does it not really matter till I charge them later, or is it already possibly too late?
Old June 20th, 2010, 21:31   #7
GBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post

Batteries do not ship empty. I know for a fact that any Lithium battery cannot be shipped empty. It's a hazard to undervoltage Lithium batteries. Also, my three NiMH batteries did not ship empty as well.

Quote:
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
Old June 20th, 2010, 22:03   #8
Kos-Mos

You are partially right.

NiMh batteries ship from the factory at 40% charge (the proper storage voltage). They bleed power over time, about 20% a year for NiMh and NiCd.

LiPo are shipped from factory at 80% charge. They bleed about 10%/yeah.

How long do you think the battery has been sitting first in the manufacturer's warehouse, then to the distributor's, then dealer, then importer, then retailler?

Rule of thumb, always consider that a NIB pack is empty. You can't damage it by making sure. You CAN do so by guessing it is full.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 22:11   #9
GBear

Well, empty is different than partially charged. That's what I thought you meant because over or under voltaging a Lithium batteries can cause major hazards like explosions, bulging, etc.

Quote:

Old June 20th, 2010, 22:43   #10
teriases

well i took apart my SCAR, barrel seems ok, although I don't really know what to do to check if its bent...

Hop up is encased in a clear plastic part, I didn't take it out but took a look at it, seems intact.
Old June 20th, 2010, 22:45   #11
GBear

Don't take it out. Don't do anything to it and end up breaking it like me. I should've listened to Daiviet.

Anyways, what I would do to check if its bent is roll it on the surface you know is perfectly flat or just look down the barrel. You should see if there's any bending. That's just me though. There are probably better methods that I don't know of.

Quote:

Old June 21st, 2010, 00:16   #12
Basic-Wedge

I just bought a VFC SCAR from a friend. He had changed out the barrel for a Promethius 6.03, and put in a Systema hop-up rubber. I don't know how well the gun performed in stock form, but it's a tack-driver now! Good quality BBs help too.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 00:27   #13
GBear

Yeah, I've got a Prometheus 6.03 and Guarder rubber.

Quote:

Old June 21st, 2010, 00:36   #14
teriases

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
Don't take it out. Don't do anything to it and end up breaking it like me. I should've listened to Daiviet.

Anyways, what I would do to check if its bent is roll it on the surface you know is perfectly flat or just look down the barrel. You should see if there's any bending. That's just me though. There are probably better methods that I don't know of.
Well I didn't strip it too much, I just took out the lower receiver part, then I poped it back in. :P
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:42   #15
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Umm...

DID YOU CLEAN THE BARREL FIRST?? ALL New guns need to have their barrel cleaned first. you would be amazed at the amount of crap caked on the inner barrel.

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner