Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FX 129 Throat Mic inquiry

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 15th, 2014, 17:08   #1
Reaver_RRTS

FX 129 Throat Mic inquiry

I am aware that throat mics aren't as good as the full over ear headsets, but since I'm on a bit of a budget and the 22nd is only a week away, I figured I ought to get SOMETHING that'll at least let me hear my teammates that day...

That said, anyone familiar with this throat mic? Any decent? Looked it up on here and google and nothing came up so I'm doubting it's quality, but... Figured I'd ask regardless. Will be placing the order either today or tomorrow, so kinda need to know ASAP! :P

If it is total shit, then can anyone suggest a reasonably priced headset that isn't going to cost more than 80$ at most?
Reaver_RRTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 09:58   #2
ts10z

Do NOT get a cheap throat mic. I run an expensive Devgru one and love it. But I have used a couple cheap ones and they are a waste of money. It will bother you, probably be uncomfortable, and your team will tell you to stay off the radio because no one can hear you, or if they can no one can understand you. Even a cheap ear bud set (similar to the ones you would use with your cell phone before blue tooth came out) is better, and cheaper. Cheap hedsets work 100X better than cheap throat mics.
ts10z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 13:11   #3
Reaver_RRTS

alright. I just spent a ton of money the last two months so I'm trying to avoid expensive purchases for a while. It'll be irritating, but it may be better for me to leave the radio home for the game this weekend, and save up for a better quality headset. Thanks.
Reaver_RRTS is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion