Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Would you recomend the ARES G36c?

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 23rd, 2012, 15:51   #1
JerryMcGoulBerry

Would you recomend the ARES G36c?

So i have all my money saved up and I have 350$ I've heard good and bad things (mostly basic problems. nothing really negative) so I was wondering if you recommend it. my friend was going to purchase it but Ken from 007 convinced him not to because of the piston (im planning on disabling my blowback to have less stress on the gearbox) so would I buy it?
JerryMcGoulBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 15:56   #2
ap27

If you want a G36c, I'd recommend KWA over ARES. Much more reliable and build quality is almost the same, if not the same.

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 21:42   #3
kalnaren

G36 go CA or go home. Internals aren't as amazing as KWA but the body quality is 1000 times better.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 21:44   #4
Ready

Out of the ~10 guns in my house, my buddy's SRC G36K is the only gun that has never had a serious malfunction. Those things are absolute tanks.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 22:20   #5
jomor

Ares

What are you guys talking about?? The Ares, all versions of the G36, are superior. I have owned both a CA and a KWA, the are no where near as well made as the ARes! KWA body broke and the piston snapped on me in the first month! The CA just didnt feel right to me. I own the C, K, and Full length G36 all ares! They are great and the swap out spring idea is brilliant!
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 22:28   #6
slink182

ARES uses a number of non-standard proprietary parts in their guns that, when they break, leaves your gun useless until you can source a replacement. Which wouldn't be bad except that their CUSTOMER SERVICE and PARTS SUPPLY CHAIN is SHIT for sourcing said replacement.

You want to rock a AEG G36? Go either TM, CA or KWA - you can get replacement parts for those guns fairly easily.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 22:55   #7
L473ncy

Note that ARES is getting better about getting their customers replacement parts and stuff but it's still not there IMO. It's much easier to get standard TM replacement parts, same with CA and KWA (although I do know that KWA AR15's have a few proprietary parts but OEM support is AWESOME, just try to bunch an order with friends since you don't want to pay $8 shipping on a 50 cent part). Also with KWA you must CALL them, their online can't process international orders, also I believe they use USPS which is a bonus as well.
Old June 26th, 2012, 00:53   #8
iKliiu

The Ares is good, except for a few proprietary parts. However, those parts are unlikely to break. The easy disassembly and quick change spring guide is really useful.
iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank