Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M2 .50 cal builds

:

Airsoft Media

Old December 21st, 2016, 23:28   #1
CurtisTactics

M2 .50 cal builds

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share my project with you. Im building x2 M2's for the LMAG community.
Update! after Photobucket destroyed the internet. i have to re-upload all the images.
ive decided to do more of a photo dump as finding the correct files to go where is ridiculous

everything begins from stock or sheet metal

after much cutting, grinding and noise (if you're a neighbor Im sorry..)

after welding up all pieces

Update dec 26th

Happy New Years!
with all the extra days off, progress has been great.

right side of the receiver, with a working charging handle.

heat shield not welded yet, need to set up the internals before setting that up

yup thats an office chair i found off the street. will be using it as a basis for the tripod and truck mounts in the future
picked up some hpa tanks during a boxing day sale. now if only i could get my hands on some hpa engines...

and her twin sister in the making aswell

next up is some detail into the feed lips, wooden handles and barrel heat handles

14th jan 2017
small update, busy working 6 days a week and playing airsoft on the 7th

been slowly touching up parts with the grinder. iron sights in the works and handles fab'd up. they begin as couch legs before making the a 50 minute transformation

its been a puzzle getting everything to fit nicely. theres nuts and bolts that the mechbox housing has to fit. hop up to hold and bb tube feeder
working with aluminum is a nice change

taking a break this week from the field to put an extra day into the 50's. 5months to the big game day... still much to do!

23rd jan 2017

turned alot of heads sunday morning haha
it shoots, not very well, but not bad for first day.
it had issues with feeding. just needs a better coupling from poly to spring tube
will have to wire the boxmag to the motor in the near future
other problems seems that it shoots short. the 650mm barrel and stock a&k hopup chamber dont like each other.
will look into a bullgear hop up and maybe a bore up kit to help push those bbs out that long barrel

march 4th update

hit the field again, fixed the feeding issues and chrono'd. wasnt shooting so hot, but after some TLC they arent currently shooting around 380fps @19 rps .25

taking a break from the build. i started the cases, truck mount and tripods

its getting rather tight on space..

im not really following the standard tripod. i have telescoping feet and plans for a shield

April 17th Update:

Guns and tripods are away for sandblasting and powder coating, should be back soon for the finishing touches
rough in for the shields are done.
they are modular in design, different panels can be removed or added depending on truck mount or tripods.
the UV lights came in for the tracer units...im very excited for that

3rd May:
guns back from powder coating. Slick Coatings & Solutions ltd. based out in surrey, did a wonderful job.
slowly assembling everything back together, bluing all the bolts and touching everything up. endless...

13th may 2017

still having feeding issues, back to the drawing board. looking into a 3d printed bb feed tube.
other than that were 95% done. small additions have been added since field day. all the pins have been chained. too easily lost.
takes a 4 man team to set up

here is a short video of those Wolverine Inferno's Firing
https://www.facebook.com/pg/PantherA...=page_internal

Nov 6 2017 update.

have been busy, took a break from the builds and updates since it was so discouraging that photobucket crashed.

Wolverine has sponsored the build. sending me two Hpa Inferno's. what a wonderful piece of kit. they definitely give the M2 the performance and realism I was looking for.
being able to adjust the fps for range and slowing down the rof, as a real HMG would fire at.
Since then Ive bought a Wolverine Bolt, x2 Smps and a fusion engine...

I had Scheduled the unveiling on the big game day for OP Odessa. unfortunately the OP was cancelled.
since then, Ive been tweaking things here and there. field testing and making modifications as the game styles change with the M2 in play.

3 man team for carrying all the tripod parts

Nov 12th OP Bridgehead
had both .50s out on airsoft side of panther paintball field. it was a rainy day. had enough time to finish up "rover 1" I must say its alot easier to maneuver around, giving it a more offensive capability.

Last edited by CurtisTactics; November 21st, 2017 at 23:38.. Reason: updated
CurtisTactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:55   #2
msk-sarge

that looks like it will be one hell of a sexy beast
msk-sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 23:40   #3
pzrwest

Send a message via AIM to pzrwest Send a message via MSN to pzrwest Send a message via Yahoo to pzrwest
Very nice will follow this build of old "Ma Deuce(50cal)". When I was in the army I had to teach the forward and backward action of the 50cal. When I told the RSM I hadn't seen one let alone teach on the 50cal he slapped a manual on the gun on my chest and he said you are teaching it the next morning.... wow I never thought I would pull it off but lucky I managed to do it.
Want to have a feeling of power then grab onto the back end of a 50cal fire off a belt

Last edited by pzrwest; December 22nd, 2016 at 23:42..
pzrwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 23:04   #4
CurtisTactics

small update! pics up
Old December 27th, 2016, 18:51   #5
Wilkie

Wow that's neat. Can't wait to see more progress!
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2017, 23:57   #6
CurtisTactics

happy new years update
Old January 2nd, 2017, 07:01   #7
pzrwest

Send a message via AIM to pzrwest Send a message via MSN to pzrwest Send a message via Yahoo to pzrwest
Looking forward to the next batch of pictures. Be nice if a high volume mini amp and speaker with a 50 cal firing sound chip hidden somewhere inside that could be activated when the gun was fired.... That would be the ultimate airsoft gun out there. Might even cause some neighbors dialling in to 911 saying someone is firing a machine gun being fired.... LOL
Old January 15th, 2017, 02:55   #8
CurtisTactics

handle bars and internals progression.
Old January 15th, 2017, 12:53   #9
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

That's quite a bit of work and effort, not to mention the attention to detail. Very impressive, I can't wait to see this out on the field. Which event are you unveiling her at?

On a side note; at the Mason Relic games, the pryo-tech, Gryphon, had made a couple of ambience guns that made noise. They didn't have the detail that yours does, but ran a electronic switch system that was tied into a propane tank, like a small barbecue tank, and every once in awhile it went "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM... BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM". They were quite loud and up close you could almost feel them. They may have even had a remote, but I can't remember. Anyways, if you are interested in a sound system, you may want to look into that.

This is the kind of thing that should be on a YouTube channel as well.
Old January 17th, 2017, 23:08   #10
CurtisTactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
That's quite a bit of work and effort, not to mention the attention to detail. Very impressive, I can't wait to see this out on the field. Which event are you unveiling her at?

On a side note; at the Mason Relic games, the pryo-tech, Gryphon, had made a couple of ambience guns that made noise. They didn't have the detail that yours does, but ran a electronic switch system that was tied into a propane tank, like a small barbecue tank, and every once in awhile it went "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM... BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM". They were quite loud and up close you could almost feel them. They may have even had a remote, but I can't remember. Anyways, if you are interested in a sound system, you may want to look into that.

This is the kind of thing that should be on a YouTube channel as well.
thanks! they'll be out at simtac's events
as far as a youtube channel that is beyond my expertise haha
Old January 23rd, 2017, 21:12   #11
CurtisTactics

first field test results
Old February 1st, 2017, 15:59   #12
CurtisTactics

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=pYxCNsO4LJk

Courtesy of airsoft amigos!
Old February 2nd, 2017, 06:43   #13
pzrwest

CurtisTactics that is one sweet gun, the work is outstanding and to see the field tests in action makes not only me I bet a ton of others drooling all over their keyboards. Keep up the super work on these two Ma Deuces
Old February 16th, 2017, 22:43   #14
Howli

Possible of blueprints? I am interested of making my own for my fathers field called Nitehawk Airsoft and paintball.
Howli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2017, 00:03   #15
CurtisTactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howli View Post
Possible of blueprints? I am interested of making my own for my fathers field called Nitehawk Airsoft and paintball.
i payed for them here
http://www.replicaplans.com/
It's 10$ gives you everything you need for the most part
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media