Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

5.11 RUSH 72 bladder

:

Gear Discussion

Old July 3rd, 2011, 23:29   #1
thpethalK
ksuechuc

5.11 RUSH 72 bladder

Can anyone confirm if the Camelbak 6L Water Beast will fit in the Bladder compartment on a RUSH 72?

http://www.lapolicegear.com/camelbak-water-beast-6l.

I already own the pack and am looking for the biggest possible bladder that will fit.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
thpethalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 22:48   #2
redzaku

Just a suggestion
Do you live near MEC store, or outdoor store that sells CamelBak? why don't you just go to them and ask for the biggest one that they have and ask for permission to place it in the pack for measurement? I'm pretty sure that they will be cooperative if you are going to buy the bladder when you find the perfect size.

Also, do you mean the insert for the bladder itself or the main storage compartment? If I have some time, I'll ask the guys at my local surplus store because their main stock of tactical gears are mainly 5.11
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!

Last edited by redzaku; July 5th, 2011 at 22:53..
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 08:09   #3
thpethalK
ksuechuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzaku View Post
Just a suggestion
Do you live near MEC store, or outdoor store that sells CamelBak? why don't you just go to them and ask for the biggest one that they have and ask for permission to place it in the pack for measurement? I'm pretty sure that they will be cooperative if you are going to buy the bladder when you find the perfect size.

Also, do you mean the insert for the bladder itself or the main storage compartment? If I have some time, I'll ask the guys at my local surplus store because their main stock of tactical gears are mainly 5.11
There is a MEC downtown, but I'm trying to avoid it...I have never had good experiences in that store in the past.

The RUSH 72 has a designated hydration bladder compartment with ports for the hydration tube or comms. I know that I could easily fit a 2L bladder in it, but I'd go through that 2L in no time when I'm out hiking and stuff.
Quote:
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:03   #4
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Call or email 5.11 they should know. I got a rush 72 but got nothing larger then 2l. you should take into consideration how the pack will ride on your back with the water in that pouch.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 17:14   #5
redzaku

the guys at my favorite surplus store says it should be able to, about 2 years ago, when I found out about 5.11, on the site they described that the pack has the capacity to place a square jug but sorry, I don't remember the size for it, maybe I could find it in the magazine.
(SIDE NOTE) The greatest thing that i found out that they also have spare straps for fitting on a small backpack MOLLE strips installed onto the 5.11 pack, maybe you should get some of these and find a pack with MOLLE strips and use that for the bladder itself. However the original size of the 5.11 will be increased.
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!

Last edited by redzaku; July 6th, 2011 at 17:18..
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 21:06   #6
thpethalK
ksuechuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
Call or email 5.11 they should know. I got a rush 72 but got nothing larger then 2l. you should take into consideration how the pack will ride on your back with the water in that pouch.
Good point about the comfort, I forgot about that. I guess I'll email them and see what they say...if it don't fit, I can always piggyback 2 100oz bladders to the same hydration tube.
Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion