Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tactical Force TF 11 (M11)

:

Reviews

Old April 29th, 2008, 19:55   #1
Crunchmeister

Tactical Force TF 11 (M11)

This is just a brief overview of the TF 11. The TF brand name is made in Japan by Umarex, who are better known for making hgh quality pellet and BB guns, rather than airsoft. They're a newcomer to airsoft, so they probably still have a way to go before their guns are on par with other Japanese manufacturers.

Taking it out of the box, it looked pretty good. It's quite compact, but has a nice weight with the magazine installed. It felt quite solid while handling it too. The grip is a bit small for someone with larger hands such as myself, but not so small as to make it awkward to handle.

The exterior is all ABS, except for a few external parts like the front sight, cocking handle, safety, trigger, and fire selector. The internals are mostly metal. Looks like pot metal. The magazine has an ABS exterior, but metal interior, which makes it feel quite heavy. When inserted into the gun, the combined weight give this little toy a nice weighty feel.

Upon closer inspection, most of the finish on this gun is quite nice. The only real sore points I have cosmetically are the whole "safety info" printed on the side like with all Umarex air guns and the seam along the top of the gun where the 2 halves of the upper receiver meet. The seam line for the lower receiver is much cleaner and far less noticeable.

The magazine holds 50 plus a standard 12g CO2 cartridge. The magazine seems quite solid, although the pins holding it together seem to protrude from both sides of the mag just a bit, and that causes a lot of scratching to the inside of the magazine well. The exterior of the mag is ABS, but the internals are metal, making it quite heavy.

On semi and short auto bursts, you'll get about 125 shots out of a single CO2 cartridge. It tends to tear through gas a lot faster when used in full auto. If used exclusively in full auto, you'll JUST get 2 mags out of it before the pressure gets too low to shoot it accurately. However, switching back to semi will get you a few more accurate shots before the last of the gas vents.

In terms of performance, this thing is quite impressive in both velocity and rate of fire. Using .2g Metaltech BBs, the gun chronied between 350 and 360 fps. Rate of fire is a most impressive 22 BB/s, meaning you can empty the mag with a 2.2 second burst. The blowback action is quite nice. It doesn't have a lot of kick, but it will bounce around enough to affect aim, which adds a touch of realism. It feels great to shoot.

In terms of accuracy, I only tested it at about a 20 foot range. It shot fairly accurately. With .2g, accuracy was great. I put most of the shots in semi near the bullseye, but with about a 2 inch spread. I tried .25 Bastards, but they tended to drift about 2-3 inches to the right of the bullseye. The manual recommends .12 and .2g, so this is more than likely why. There's no adjustment that I could find and the manual says nothing about it. I would suspect there's either no hopup, or it's fixed.

On the down side, there are a few things I wish were different. First, there's no folding stock, even though the slots in the body are there, and the spring-loaded button on the underside of the lower receiver to release the stock are there. I don't see what the point was of not including the stock when all the other components are in place to accept it. Also, the front sling loop freely rotates around the barrel and is noisy. I really don't see the point of even including it on a gun this compact in the first place. And lastly, it will dry fire once the mag is empty. I would have liked to have seen some type of bolt-lock mechanism to stop firing when the mag is empty

So overall, I would say this is a nice little gun. It's got an impressive rate of fire, good power, and reasonable accuracy for short to medium ranges. This would make a fearsome primary or secondary for CQB where 350+ fps velocities are permitted. For outdoors games, it would make a suitable secondary in terms of performance, but the magazine is quite long and would get snagged a lot in a holster, so probably not a good choice for a field gun. It's probably not a very good choice for people with large hands, as it will be uncomfortable to hold.

PROS:
  • high rate of fire
  • excellent velocity
  • nice blowback action
  • compact
  • very solid feel for ABS
  • good short-range accuracy for CQB
CONS:
  • bad seam line between halves of upper receiver
  • useless front sling mount
  • no folding stock even thought he gun is built to take one
  • either no hopup or no hopup adjustment
  • Not good for someone with large hands
So here are a few random shots of it. Note that the receiver markings were filled in with white crayon. I also added some simulated wear to the edges of the gun using some model paint.

And here's a short YouTube video of me firing it. It was my second mag on the same CO2 cartridge, so you can hear the effect of running low on gas.

YouTube - Tactical Force TF 11
Old April 29th, 2008, 20:16   #2
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Very nice Crunch, detailed and very well written. Excellent demonstration video. If you dont mind me asking, what was the initial cost, and are additional magazines available through retailer or TF/Umarex.

Its just under the FPS limits for CQB but on full auto a person would rattle through mags very quickly indeed.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2008, 20:40   #3
Crunchmeister

I traded it for a bunch of TM M4 parts. It goes for $200 here in the classified, although you can import the clear version of this directly from the Umarex USA site for I believe $99 US plus shipping. Nothing a coat of spray paint wouldn't fix.

Until just recently, extra mags weren't available for this, which is why I didn't get one when they first became available in the classifieds. 1 mag for a beast like this just isn't enough. However, extra mags are now available from the Umarex web site for about $40 US.
Old April 30th, 2008, 14:36   #4
Bob the Angry Potato
*AV Status Suspended pending trade resolution*

Send a message via MSN to Bob the Angry Potato
Glad to see you enjoy the gun, the M4 parts definitely came in handy

For anyone else interested, other American retailers just started stocking the mags.
Old April 30th, 2008, 21:23   #5
stoo_ped

Just in case anyone is looking to make a silencer, you can get a nut at home depot that fits the threads perfectly... no forcing anything to fit. then just find yourself the instructions to make a silencer from redwolfairsoft and you're good to go
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:35   #6
marcwhite

will that gun fit in a standard pistol holster?
marcwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:03   #7
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcwhite View Post
I've read certain Mk.23 holsters fit it nicely.
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:20   #8
Armalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcwhite View Post
Normally yes.

''to be with the best you gotta do everything you can, to be on the top of the best you gotta do everything you can't''
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:27   #9
grimreefer

I bought a clear one. I sanded the text on the side and cleaned up the seams a bit, painted it with krylon. I also hacked off that knob on the bottom of the magazine.

Last edited by grimreefer; December 23rd, 2008 at 02:29..
grimreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:33   #10
dragwindsor

Send a message via MSN to dragwindsor
How does it stack up to the KWA?

dragwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 03:58   #11
matt491

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragwindsor View Post
How does it stack up to the KWA?
Honestly? I prefer it. I can't speak for the KWA, but I've had two KSC M11's and both failed me greatly. Mags were horrible, kept breaking down or leaking. The gun itself broke down multiple times, plus the nasty smell of propane? And I found that with my KSC it had SERIOUS cool down effects and the shots would drop off quickly as it ran out of gas.

The TF 11 is CO2 which is nice compared to the propane. On Semi, I've got more kills than I have with any other aeg I've owned. It shoots far and accurate. Mine chronied in at 310fps. And only the last 2 or 3 shots drop off when you're running out so it's great till RIGHT when you run out.

Now in full-auto? Awful, but I found the same of my KSC. The first shot or two are great, the next 2 or 3 drop off substantially. (Cool down effect). But on Semi, definitely a GREAT gun for the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
matt491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:24   #12
grimreefer

I find mine to be horribly inaccurate. However, that's what I like about it. It's awesome to send a cloud of bbs downrange.

Last edited by grimreefer; December 31st, 2008 at 20:08..
grimreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 18:25   #13
oOMuDOo

Send a message via ICQ to oOMuDOo Send a message via AIM to oOMuDOo Send a message via MSN to oOMuDOo Send a message via Yahoo to oOMuDOo Send a message via Skype™ to oOMuDOo
Are these currently available at any Canadian retailer and for how much?
Old December 23rd, 2008, 19:38   #14
sortie39
Banned

so shit it is ,costs so many catridges!!especially when auto-shoot,its gona be exhausted even in a minite!!
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 20:50   #15
Armalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOMuDOo View Post
Are these currently available at any Canadian retailer and for how much?
yes in clear version only.
79$ CAD + shipping => airgunsource.com (out of stock)

''to be with the best you gotta do everything you can, to be on the top of the best you gotta do everything you can't''
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews