Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

We m&p9 Gas cloud on first ever shot

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 29th, 2017, 17:37   #1
Feels

We m&p9 Gas cloud on first ever shot

Tried firing my new pistol today, didnt go so well. First GBB as well so I have no clue what im doing. Used AI oil pump to oil a new propane tank, filled mag with gas and some bbs and went for a shot and bam, a cloud of gas and like 4 bbs came out the barrel. I didnt realize I had bought a handheld shotgun. Tried firing, nothing, there was no gas in the mag, tried another mag, same thing. Somethings wrong with the gun and I have no idea how to fix it. Thanks

Last edited by Feels; June 29th, 2017 at 22:25..
Feels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2017, 22:20   #2
Feels

EDIT: Help, ive tried nothing and I dont know what else to do. Also, I lubed the guns internals prior to firing it for the first time with this https://www.amazon.ca/LifeSpan-100-S...s=silicone+oil. I was told in another thread this should be fine. Also, when changing inner barrel to a shorter one, I did give it a little spray between the rubber bucking and the inner barrel as I saw in a video tutorial
Old June 29th, 2017, 22:42   #3
Skeletor

You are filling the mag upside down, right?

Also make sure you fill it completely. Hold the propane can and mag next to your ear to listen for the hiss of the liquid going into the magazine. Don't let up until this hiss stops.
Skeletor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2017, 22:57   #4
Feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
You are filling the mag upside down, right?

Also make sure you fill it completely. Hold the propane can and mag next to your ear to listen for the hiss of the liquid going into the magazine. Don't let up until this hiss stops.
Correct, upside down and filling it for about 10 secs until I cant hear the hiss anymore...
Old June 30th, 2017, 12:43   #5
solid1191

Mp

Hey I have the same gun and there is a known issue with full auto like fire when you shoot.

It is a issue with the sear that causes the gun to keep shooting until out of BBs or gas.

Google WE M&p dead trigger fix.

I was able to fix it in a few minutes.

Hope this helps.
solid1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 13:40   #6
Feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by solid1191 View Post
Hey I have the same gun and there is a known issue with full auto like fire when you shoot.

It is a issue with the sear that causes the gun to keep shooting until out of BBs or gas.

Google WE M&p dead trigger fix.

I was able to fix it in a few minutes.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot for the help ill make sure to try that once I got the time!
Old June 30th, 2017, 15:43   #7
Katipunero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feels View Post
Tried firing my new pistol today, didnt go so well. First GBB as well so I have no clue what im doing. Used AI oil pump to oil a new propane tank, filled mag with gas and some bbs and went for a shot and bam, a cloud of gas and like 4 bbs came out the barrel. I didnt realize I had bought a handheld shotgun. Tried firing, nothing, there was no gas in the mag, tried another mag, same thing. Somethings wrong with the gun and I have no idea how to fix it. Thanks
You tend to not want to overfill mags when filling with propane. Usually 4-6 seconds is sufficient, and I tend to not fill until hissing stops.

If you see gas come out every shot, then you've overfilled. There's no more space in the mag for the gas to expand, so then excess gets spewed out when you fire. Ideally, you want to not see any or much gas escape, and this will be the best balance for propane to expand and give the best fps/shooting experience.

As for shooting out 4 bb's, I don't think that's possible unless you were misfiring 3 out of 4 times jamming bb's in the barrel and then the 4th blew them all out. Does your m&p come with the blue WE 6.03 tightbore barrel?
Could be 2 things at this point:

1) barrel is dirty/blocked and caused 3 bbs to jam
2) your bbs are of low quality that some of them are larger or closer to the 6.03 barrel size to get hung up in your barrel somehow.

If you're running propane, it's best to run it dry and only lubricate the seals of the mag, pistol nozzle and sliding/moving parts. Oil in your barrel / hop up can and will attract dirt and cause jamming issues like your 4 bb shot you described.
Katipunero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 18:13   #8
Feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipunero View Post
You tend to not want to overfill mags when filling with propane. Usually 4-6 seconds is sufficient, and I tend to not fill until hissing stops.

If you see gas come out every shot, then you've overfilled. There's no more space in the mag for the gas to expand, so then excess gets spewed out when you fire. Ideally, you want to not see any or much gas escape, and this will be the best balance for propane to expand and give the best fps/shooting experience.

As for shooting out 4 bb's, I don't think that's possible unless you were misfiring 3 out of 4 times jamming bb's in the barrel and then the 4th blew them all out. Does your m&p come with the blue WE 6.03 tightbore barrel?
Could be 2 things at this point:

1) barrel is dirty/blocked and caused 3 bbs to jam
2) your bbs are of low quality that some of them are larger or closer to the 6.03 barrel size to get hung up in your barrel somehow.

If you're running propane, it's best to run it dry and only lubricate the seals of the mag, pistol nozzle and sliding/moving parts. Oil in your barrel / hop up can and will attract dirt and cause jamming issues like your 4 bb shot you described.
Thanks for your response. Yea I do notice quite a lot of gas escaping after Im finished filling a mag but I was told I couldnt overfill since the propane would just stop flowing... I dont think dirt would be blocking the gun since It hasnt left my room since I got it. I havent played with it yet. https://www.amazon.ca/Tactical-Force...ds=airsoft+bbs These are the bbs im using.
And this was the gun I got http://www.herooutdoors.com/we-m-p9-w-silencer-black/. Came with a longer inner barrel and a suppressor was necessary to hide it so I changed it to the smaller barrel that came with.
Old July 1st, 2017, 02:11   #9
Feels

EDIT: Tried cleaning and lubing the gun all nice and dandy, put a drop of AI Light silicone oil on each of the mags valves. Tried firing and same thing. Only this time I noticed that the gas vents all out the gun barrel. Not sure if thats relevant. Im not sure what to do anymore
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner