Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Jerry rigging a holster mount to rucksack belt

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 25th, 2018, 19:42   #1
TopGunnerz

Jerry rigging a holster mount to rucksack belt

Hey everyone, I'm looking to mount a holster mount on my rucksack. Problem is there is no molle, so I'd have to jerry rig it. I'm looking to mount a safariland qls clone with a blackhawk omnivore holster on it. I have a blackhawk belt paddle, a blackhawk belt mount, and a blackhawk molle adaptor for mounts. If that is not possible I have a molle universal holster lying around.

The belt area measures 150mm long, 90mm high in the middle, 100mm high near body, 50mm high in the front before the curve, and 10mm thick. The strap sewn on the front can't have anything run through it. The model is a british army bergen rucksack according to who I bought it from. If possible I'd like to buy as little materials as possible, thanks!
TopGunnerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 20:15   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

- Grab a mount, Blackhawk and Blade-Tech makes one, that a belt slides through if the strap is the right size.

- Use two malice clips that are about the size one the strap to just go around it.

- Grab a outer sleeve from a battle-belt that already has molle on it and fits over the strap.

- Sew molle webbing directly to the strap.

- Grab an aftermarket shoulder pad set for a PC that has molle and put it around d the strap.

- Many tactical stores have tons of bits, fittings and adapters for molle, piccatiny, etc.
Old March 25th, 2018, 21:58   #3
TopGunnerz

Nice I can try 3 of those options already! Thanks!
TopGunnerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 22:01   #4
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Most belt mounts accommodate up to 2 1/4" belts but your waist pad is ~3 3/4" so it would be to thick to slide through the belt mount. Assuming you want to leave the pack in original condition and not thin the waist pad(s). I would try zipties around the paddle mount and waist pad, or if you can't get that to work, zipties through the belt mount and around the waist pad. If that fails you could stitch or rivet the universal holster to the waist pad. Hopefully that waist pad is sturdy enough to accept a pistol and not flop around too much.

Last edited by Kozzie; March 25th, 2018 at 22:04..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion