Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CR123 battery return program @ The Source

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 13th, 2013, 10:51   #1
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Thumbs up CR123 battery return program @ The Source

Forgive me if this is a repost and if there's better options but I just paid $39.53 for 2 Energizer 123 batteries.

Included in the total is an optional $9.99 return program where you can return the batteries up to 2 times over a 3 year period with no questions asked, in fact, give your name and address and you don't even have to show a receipt.

I now have unlimited 123 batteries for 3 years lol.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:56   #2
Azathoth

First... I can't believe you paid 40 dollars for 2 batteries.

CR123's are 2.50 a piece for surefire / panasonic / streamlight brand. With airsoft and using my real M6X laser as a super expensive cat toy i go through maybe 4-6 batteries in a year.

2 batteries wouldn't even cover the half dozen devices that I have that use the 123's.

They have a shelf life of 15-20 years so I would rather have 50 of them on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho
on that note, one thing to keep an eye on is you should only use CR123-a that are designed for flashlights in flashlights, and the cr123as for cameras only in cameras.

The batteries for flashlights are designed for long output at a long use time, while camera batteries are for high out put for short periords like charging a flash. Using camera batteries in a flashlight can cause your light to explode.

BTW FYI off topic

http://www.edmontonairsoft.net/showt...ighlight=cr123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory

Last edited by Azathoth; March 13th, 2013 at 11:00..
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:59   #3
Deadpool

I've been running rechargeable chinese cr123 for more then 3 years @ a cost of 15$ for 4 batts and a charger.

half the cost and I don't have to go spend on gas to have them exchanged...

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:00   #4
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

I paid 40 bucks yes but for superior batteries, in my experience panasonic and other brands made by companies who don't specialize in batteries are poop.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:05   #5
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
I paid 40 bucks yes but for superior batteries, in my experience panasonic and other brands made by companies who don't specialize in batteries are poop.
Don't confuse a good panasonic battery with the ones at the dollar store. I've sold a lot of them without problems

And about Energizer specializing in batteries...Like many companies, they just have their name on batteries, it's not a speciality. Energizer holdings

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:10   #6
Berkut
PinkEagle

I just got a 12 pack of Surefire 123s for 20 bucks... Take a look on CP Gear website, not sure if their promo is still going on.

G63
Berkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:10   #7
Danke

The catch is when you take the batteries back they'll give you the house brand ones since that will be all they have in stock.

It's a good program though if you have kid's toys with battery sizes that aren't rechargeable.
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:12   #8
Stealthee
a.k.a. cloaked

Rechargeable AW CR123
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:47   #9
z0ng

First problem here is you purchased something from The Source. Never do this!

Team GHOSTS G-42
How to fix your WE M4 Mags
z0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:50   #10
Tankdude

For you Zong

http://www.theonion.com/articles/eve...ill-in-b,2190/
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 14:24   #11
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
I still can't believe you paid $40.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Don't confuse a good panasonic battery with the ones at the dollar store. I've sold a lot of them without problems

And about Energizer specializing in batteries...Like many companies, they just have their name on batteries, it's not a speciality. Energizer holdings
What deadpool said. REAL Panasonic batteries not the clones or fakes at the dollar store are considered "top end" for the CR123 market. Panasonic-USA manufactures Surefire, Duracell, Rayovac

Its rather old but it's still holds true.
http://edcforums.com/threads/best-pe...tteries.41309/

It's interesting how the same brand battery (sanyo) made in Japan performs much better than the China produced Sanyo Brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory

Last edited by Azathoth; March 13th, 2013 at 14:26..
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 00:01   #12
Dimitri
Can't do math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
BTW FYI off topic
That makes zero sense, you do those changes by changing battery chemistry, and you'd have to change it rather radically to go from short duration bursts and long duration low power.

The fact is one of these gives you your flash in cameras ...

All CR123A's are made using LiMnO2 (unless they are rechargeable). They are required to be LiMnO2 to be labelled a CR123A. It is not up to the manufacturers it's a industry standard by several organizations agreeing including ANSI & IEC.

There is no silver bullet that will radically change that to make it preform better in such two extreme applications without changing the chemistry of the cells themselves.

To get what your describing, just as a example, without a flash capacitor (it won't work, but let's assume they would) the best bet would be a Ni-Cd battery. But to get heavy constant current loads (like our big flash lights) you'd use a Ni-MH.

Things like emergency power supplies and consumer power tools use Ni-Cd, because you can fit a smaller battery by weight for higher instantaneous current draws (spikes) but you still have less over all current capacity. (And because you can't really over drain a Ni-Cd like a Ni-MH, meaning less warranty issues for tool companies).

But good power tools, and Hybrid cars use Ni-MH not Ni-Cd. Because running a motor off a Ni-MH continuously works really well and you can provide higher longer current levels, so you sacrifice the start up current spike handling for a bigger duty cycle.

But you wont get that big of a change from Ni-Cd to Ni-Cd manufacture in the case LiMnO2 cell to LiMnO2 cell. Your camera regardless of what battery chemistry you use, is 100% dependant on that capacitor not the chemistry of the battery to give it rapid power.

Having a CR123 battery labelled "Camera Use Only" and "Flashlight Use Only" is entirely marketing.

Dimitri
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 00:29   #13
XZIVR

Huh. I just cracked open an old laptop battery and stripped the rechargeable 18650 cells out to use in my flashlights/goggle fan etc.
XZIVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:10   #14
Ozone06

Not to advertize a retail buuuuttt

I just bought an Armytek Predator, My wallet still hates you Bean! I was looking for a solution for my batteries and I found these!! That and you can order a whole pile of leet operator shit from there too!
Ozone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:30   #15
CR0M

best buy sells 10 for $27, tenergery brand... and energizer lithium 2 for $15,

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion