Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Leaking WE Scar/M4 mag

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 29th, 2012, 13:29   #1
KheSan

Leaking WE Scar/M4 mag

Ok guys. The mag is leaking from the knocker valve. I have tried everything. I have removed the KV and soaked it over night in silicone oil but it still leaks. O-rings themselves look ok. When i first took the KV out i found that one of the rings had slipped from its location and had gotten hung up on top of one of the other rings. When i found that i thought great, easy fix.. But that wasnt it. So i tried soaking it overnight but still leaking. I am now trying to take the valve itself apart but there is a tiny snap ring on the valve stem that i cannot get off. Is there a special pair of snap ring pliers that I can buy to do this? Has anybody gotten them off any other way? Is it even worth trying? I'm assuming that there may be something trapped inside or a damaged or dislodged O-ring or something. Anybody dealt with this before?
KheSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 13:50   #2
cetane

taking it apart won't help.. there are 3 o-rings on the valve. one where the valve lifts off the seat to let gas through and 2 on the body sealing. if it is leaking gas when not shooting it is either the first or second o-ring. if the rings look good could be a bent stem not seating the o-ring well or the o-ring seating surface is damaged. inspect them very closely. that snap ring should come out with a pair of pliers if i remember right.

cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 14:06   #3
KheSan

Got it.

Thanks Cetane. Id did manage to get it off using a jewellers screwdriver. Ther is anothe O-ring inside. I have it all disassembleand will let it soak again overnight to clean everything off. If this doesnt do it nothing will. The mag is only a couple months ild and has hardly been used and always stored under pressure. Dont get why it would just start leaking like that???????

Anyway thanks again for the input.
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:39   #4
KheSan

Still Leaking

So I tore down the valve completely. Let the O-rings sit in Sil Oil for a full week. Made sure there was nothing inside the valve and re-assembled and it is still leaking. I guess the only last course of action is to completely replace the O-rings. Any suggestions?
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:59   #5
turok_t

Sometimes that's not going to help, u need to use blue gasket to improve the seal. Check your pm
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 13:07   #6
KheSan

Quote:
Sometimes that's not going to help, u need to use blue gasket to improve the seal. Check your pm
I responded to your PM but its not the spine. No leak at all from the spine. It leaks from the gas hole at the top of the mag - essentially the knocker valve. Everything is tight except you can actually hear gas when you put your ear to the gas hole and see a lot of bubbles from only that location when submerged in water.
Old May 8th, 2012, 13:15   #7
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Ya one of my mags is doing the same even after sealing the rest with black gasket maker. I'm just going to buy a few spare valves.
Old May 8th, 2012, 15:12   #8
mrfister
AV Revoked

have u tried loctite 565? dunno it this would work for you problem
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications