Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tokyo Marui 1911 issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 13th, 2019, 11:11   #1
ShiftGear

Tokyo Marui 1911 issue

Hey guys, just looking for some help and maybe I can resolve this on my own.
So basically I will try to explain in detail what is happening.

Decided to go and do a few practice shots. I filled a few magazines with green gas and bb's. Put the magazine in, slid the slide back and then pulled the trigger. Success, bb fired. I went to pull the trigger again and nothing. Would not work. no bb stuck as I took the magazine out and it was clear. So I slid the slide back again and it worked, so then I went to pull for a second shot and same issue. So it seems like the only way I can get a shot off it to constantly shoot once, repeat the process of sliding the slide back and then shooting again one bb at a time. I tried all 3 different magazines because I thought it might be leaky or faulty and same issues for all 3.

Anyone ever experience this? Could it be a trigger issue? A pin somewhere or a hammer fault? I'm mechanically inclined enough to take the airsoft gun apart and clean it, no problems. I'm sure if I had direction I could go further. Anyways if anyone knows what it the issue could be please help me out.
ShiftGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:18   #2
ShiftGear

Old August 13th, 2019, 13:33   #3
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Does the slide blow back all the way when you shoot?

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 16:25   #4
Ratters

A friend of mine has the same pistol. His issue was he would have to pull the trigger twice for it to fire. It seemed like it was either a sear issue or trigger spring/sear spring issue. I think what he did was strip the gun, and check every part for freedom of movement, I also think he did some minor bending of the trigger spring to attempt a tension increase or decrease. Personally I would refrain from bending anything but it's up to you.

I'm not a gun doc but it could also be the piston hanging up on the lower frame. If the piston is new or under warranty you could bring it back if. But airsoft returns are a fickle thing.

I would be patient and wait until someone with a lot more knowledge than me pm's you or posts openly about your problem. It's a quality pistol from a quality company, so there are many parts available on this forum in the parts and accessories section
Old August 13th, 2019, 23:29   #5
ShiftGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
Does the slide blow back all the way when you shoot?
Yes it does. Full range of motion.
Old August 13th, 2019, 23:33   #6
ShiftGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post
A friend of mine has the same pistol. His issue was he would have to pull the trigger twice for it to fire. It seemed like it was either a sear issue or trigger spring/sear spring issue. I think what he did was strip the gun, and check every part for freedom of movement, I also think he did some minor bending of the trigger spring to attempt a tension increase or decrease. Personally I would refrain from bending anything but it's up to you.

I'm not a gun doc but it could also be the piston hanging up on the lower frame. If the piston is new or under warranty you could bring it back if. But airsoft returns are a fickle thing.

I would be patient and wait until someone with a lot more knowledge than me pm's you or posts openly about your problem. It's a quality pistol from a quality company, so there are many parts available on this forum in the parts and accessories section
Yep, I love this gun. I’m not going to give up on it. Thank you for this though. Since the slide goes all the way back, I also think it’s a Trigger or Sear issue. I’m going to wait for a few days and and have a few friends who have much more experience opening up the insides than me have a look. The trigger does bounce back when you let go after pulling it but it does feel slow or as if it’s not free. If that makes sense. I can’t wait to get to the bottom of it. Thank you for your help so far though. Very much appreciatedZ
Old August 13th, 2019, 23:53   #7
Ratters

ok, you are welcome, good luck with it. Let me know how it works out.
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:01   #8
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Ok, then its probably a problem with the leaf spring. When it is not in correctly, it prevents the trigger from resetting correctly if the trigger is still pressed when the slide moves and avtivates the disconector. You can remove the pin at the bottom of the grip and slide out the hammer spring chamber. This will allow you to access the leaf spring, remove it, make sure there's no garbage in there, and put the leaf spring back in. The leaf spring must be on top of the two "tab" things, the thrid arm is for the handle safety. Put the hammer spring chamber back on, you'll have to press hard to compress the spring. Try to shoot again. If it goes full auto you did something wrong, if it does the same thing, you might have to bend one of the arms of the leaf spring a bit, but that's material for another post.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 18:09   #9
ShiftGear

Fixed. I’m a little embarrassed to type this out but basically my trigger was absolutely nasty. Gunk galore and needed a deep clean. Probable causes were me over oiling, excess drip of lube and add dust/dirt/wear and tear and you have a perfect scenario. Thank you to everyone’s replies. This atleast gave me a good
opportunity to open everything else up and make sure we were all good. Cheers
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner