Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW 226 compatibility questions

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old May 22nd, 2013, 22:25   #1
mrdzicc

KJW 226 compatibility questions

So I searched as much as I could and I couldn't find any definitive answers about the compatibility of parts between the TM and the KJ, apart from the mags between version 1 & 2. I have seen people saying they are compatible, they are compatible with a bit of part modification, and that they are not compatible at all. I was wanting to switch the outer barrel for a threaded one, a tighter inner barrel, and a hop-up rubber. For these listed changes of the pistol...do I run the risk of buying parts that don't fit at all or will they fit? (I have the version 2...dunno if that helps with an answer)

Daniel
mrdzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 22:36   #2
wind_comm

pretty much everything is compatible, particularly the shooters design valve knocker, which is pretty much the only part of the KJ that breaks.

tightbores and hop rubbers are fine. you can use a TM glock 17 barrel (97mm) and any TM pistol/VSR bucking.

I'm a little wary of replacing outer barrels because for some strange reason, all the manufacturers insist on making aftermarket barrels out of steel when stock slides are pot metal and aftermarket slides are aluminum, thus ensuring that something goes wrong. this goes for almost every other pistol, not just the 226.

if you can source a KJ threaded barrel from a tan/OD version, it would work perfect. (also hook me up please.)

as per usual, parts may require some light sanding to fit, but it's more or less a TM with a metal body kit.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 22:52   #3
mrdzicc

Ok so internals are pretty much completely compatible but externals are iffy?

I've seen the outer barrel ehobby sells for the TM and it looks pretty much the same as the outer barrel in my KJ, but I've read the diameter of the 2 are off...
Old May 22nd, 2013, 23:06   #4
redneck12

I have used Guarder barrels in my KJ Sigs and never had a problem with fitment or operation. They are a bit beefier but since I like the look of the brushed steel barrels on a black gun, I sanded off the black paint as soon as I unpacked it. A little car rubbing compound and some light polishing and it was good to go.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 23:14   #5
mrdzicc

sweet thanks for the info guys! Its really helpful and I appreciate it
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:54   #6
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_comm View Post
.......if you can source a KJ threaded barrel from a tan/OD version, it would work perfect. (also hook me up please.)
007 has the KJW threaded barrel in stock.
https://www.007airsoft.com/product.p...ub=30&view=371
Old May 23rd, 2013, 13:05   #7
redneck12

Or you can order parts straight from KJW, I bought a spare barrel for my Les Baer 1911 for $27 including shipping. Easy you email them the parts #'s you want they send you a bill and their Paypal account and presto 2 weeks later you have the factory parts.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 20:31   #8
mrdzicc

sweet! Thanks again guys!!!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications