Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What m4 to get? GBBR / AEG

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 15th, 2013, 20:42   #16
Rommen

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The KJ is, imo, the best overall GBBR on the market. And there ARE upgrade parts for it.. in mine I have the RAtech blue hopup rubber and the Cradle V3+ (the cnc aluminum) bolt with velocity reducer. The gun is also compatible with most aeg front end sets. But that is really getting into aesthetics. Functionally, everything important is either good to go OOTB or has the part available.

Sorry that the above wasn't the most well-thought out message.. but can you tell I love my KJ M4? lol
Rommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 21:07   #17
.Zo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommen View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The KJ is, imo, the best overall GBBR on the market. And there ARE upgrade parts for it.. in mine I have the RAtech blue hopup rubber and the Cradle V3+ (the cnc aluminum) bolt with velocity reducer. The gun is also compatible with most aeg front end sets. But that is really getting into aesthetics. Functionally, everything important is either good to go OOTB or has the part available.

Sorry that the above wasn't the most well-thought out message.. but can you tell I love my KJ M4? lol
TBH It's more than I want to spend LOL. If anything If I was gonna spend that much then I would probably just go with the lm4...

I think I've decided on the challenge kit but does anyone know if I could use a KA lower instead of the stock G&P lower but put all the G&P internals in the KA lower?
.Zo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 21:14   #18
darkshift

you'll need a KA Upper if you decide to go with a KA Lower. the size of the front part of the receiver where the front pin is placed is different. also you'll need receiver pins for the KA set as G&P body pins are larger than KA.
darkshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 21:34   #19
.Zo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshift View Post
you'll need a KA Upper if you decide to go with a KA Lower. the size of the front part of the receiver where the front pin is placed is different. also you'll need receiver pins for the KA set as G&P body pins are larger than KA.
So its probably not worth the trouble?
Old April 15th, 2013, 21:35   #20
darkshift

If you dont mind working with a KA receiver set then it doesnt make any difference cause you can get the same G&P internals, all you need are KA body pins.
darkshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 21:43   #21
.Zo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshift View Post
If you dont mind working with a KA receiver set then it doesnt make any difference cause you can get the same G&P internals, all you need are KA body pins.
I thought the buffer lock and buffer are different

INTERNALS OF KING ARMS WE AND KWA GBB M4'S - YouTube
Old April 16th, 2013, 00:00   #22
Heerven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
I have been running some WE for over a year, all games, even in winter.
Nothing broke and it's hell of a performer.
That's something I still can't understand. I'm a GBBR lover but I have to admit with my 2 guns (KJW M4 and WE G39) below 5 degrees, I start to have inconsistency on heavy fire (still single fire but repetition). Around 0 degrees, I can fire a couple shot in single but I can't handle a whole fire fight. My GBBR performance decrease too fast...
I never tried below 0 degree, but I guess it's worst. I don't talk here, fire a couple shots in the backyard, but supress an ennemy in single fire (I don't even try full auto by this temperature.
I got the same thing from both of my guns...

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 00:08   #23
Kos-Mos

Yeah, you are not alone. Everyone I play with can't understand. It just does work all the time.

I can't run my M4 below 10c, it will misfire and spray icy cold liquid propane everywhere.

Same mags I run in winter in my SCAR. Also, no upgrades (except NPAS) in both guns. I have played this Sat. with the SCAR, got plenty of nice hits, and bolt lock on empty every time. After 2-3 consecutive shot, I started to get some cloud at the muzzle. Obviously, I try not to suppress when in theses conditions.

I did not keep me G36 long enough to field it in winter, so I can't comment, but I was barely able to empty 2 loads of BB in summer on a single gaz fill. Maybe because of the mag design or the plastic shell insulates it so it can't heat-up as fast...

I played games in December and January with the SCAR. Was damn cold theses two days, with a HUGE snowstorm on Dec. 27th. I had some trouble for the last couple of shots each mags, but managed to hold a position for a good 10 minutes. Went through my 8 mags.

Last edited by Kos-Mos; April 16th, 2013 at 00:10..
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 01:00   #24
Danneichh
Danneichh

I'll also add that while I love my LM4, there aren't a whole lot of internal upgrades for it. You can get an NPAS, a tightbore, and the phenominal Maple Leaf hopup, but that's about it. I would suggest, if you want to tinker and upgrade, go with a WE or a G&P. I will add, however, that the LM4 works very well in cold temperatures. I can get through all 38 rounds in my Pmags in full auto at around 3 degrees, all 38 in semi all winter.

Secondary: KWA Mk. 4 1911, KWA Mac 11, Skeleton Sidearms 8" .357 revolver.

Last edited by Danneichh; April 16th, 2013 at 01:03..
Danneichh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 11:35   #25
mrfister
AV Revoked

ra tech custom WE seems like a decent choice. The gen2 mags for WE are great. I have not had one leak yet....yet
Old April 16th, 2013, 22:24   #26
.Zo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneichh View Post
I'll also add that while I love my LM4, there aren't a whole lot of internal upgrades for it. You can get an NPAS, a tightbore, and the phenominal Maple Leaf hopup, but that's about it. I would suggest, if you want to tinker and upgrade, go with a WE or a G&P. I will add, however, that the LM4 works very well in cold temperatures. I can get through all 38 rounds in my Pmags in full auto at around 3 degrees, all 38 in semi all winter.
The coldest it gets here is about 55 F so I don't have to worry about that haha. I think that the lm4 might be the better option since it is newer and will likely have tons of upgrades to come whereas the g&p is older and is decreasing in part availability? I'm not sure on that but if thats the case then of course I have to get either the lm4 or the we... someone correct me though
Old April 16th, 2013, 22:46   #27
MultipleParadox

Here's how I see this, but keep in mind this is merely speculation;

Third party parts availability is normallu driven by the demand, as these third party make them to take your money;
The higher the demand, the more parts available, logically

I can see two reasons that would drive this demand:
for one, it would be because the sheer numer of user of a given platform is higher than most competitors; it is certainly the case for WE, as we know there are a loy of user of that platform, probably because they are often cheaper when buying the thing initially

Second reason is somewhat linked to the first, and that would be because there is a *need* for those parts, usually to fix issues that the stock gun have and need fixing, be it either out of the box or after a few hundreds/thousands rounds

What I'm trying to say is that a large amount of third party parts is not necessarely good; remove everything that is for look or personal preferences from the equation, as it doesn't really matter here, and picture a perfect gun that wouldn't break and shoot 300 feet with toght grouping, have realistic kick and crazy high gas efficiency; this gun would probably wouldn't see any upgrades as it wouldn't need any.

WE is said to be gameable out of the box, but is known to inevitably need replacing of the innards at some point. If you replace with higher quality parts or stock is up to you, and you need to figure out if you want to deal with that or not.

Kwa's LM4 is much more recent but also have its share of issues; it probably does't run as well as a good WE out if the box, but very few mods are needed to make it go strong, and involve very few parts to buy (probably just a replacement of the hopup unit and bucking) and a quick mod of the bolt catch. It's not to say that it would run forever though; everything can break, and under certain stress, everything *will* break. But I have a feeling the LM4 might have the equivalent of ratech's internal whenit comes to the important parts. Again, keep in mind I might be wrong on this; i just read a lot

So long story short, don't make your choice on third party availability; you should choose accordin on how you want to deal with your gun and its issues I'd say

Hooe this help you make a choice; but be sure to read all info you can before making your choice, so you won't have any surprises when you go hands on

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 22:57   #28
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
Here's how I see this, but keep in mind this is merely speculation;

Third party parts availability is normallu driven by the demand, as these third party make them to take your money;
The higher the demand, the more parts available, logically

I can see two reasons that would drive this demand:
for one, it would be because the sheer numer of user of a given platform is higher than most competitors; it is certainly the case for WE, as we know there are a loy of user of that platform, probably because they are often cheaper when buying the thing initially

Second reason is somewhat linked to the first, and that would be because there is a *need* for those parts, usually to fix issues that the stock gun have and need fixing, be it either out of the box or after a few hundreds/thousands rounds

What I'm trying to say is that a large amount of third party parts is not necessarely good; remove everything that is for look or personal preferences from the equation, as it doesn't really matter here, and picture a perfect gun that wouldn't break and shoot 300 feet with toght grouping, have realistic kick and crazy high gas efficiency; this gun would probably wouldn't see any upgrades as it wouldn't need any.

WE is said to be gameable out of the box, but is known to inevitably need replacing of the innards at some point. If you replace with higher quality parts or stock is up to you, and you need to figure out if you want to deal with that or not.

Kwa's LM4 is much more recent but also have its share of issues; it probably does't run as well as a good WE out if the box, but very few mods are needed to make it go strong, and involve very few parts to buy (probably just a replacement of the hopup unit and bucking) and a quick mod of the bolt catch. It's not to say that it would run forever though; everything can break, and under certain stress, everything *will* break. But I have a feeling the LM4 might have the equivalent of ratech's internal whenit comes to the important parts. Again, keep in mind I might be wrong on this; i just read a lot

So long story short, don't make your choice on third party availability; you should choose accordin on how you want to deal with your gun and its issues I'd say

Hooe this help you make a choice; but be sure to read all info you can before making your choice, so you won't have any surprises when you go hands on
Remember that the first WE Openbolts where GEN5. I ran over 10k rounds in mine, and yet have to find worn parts anywhere.

This is still old rumors about the first few closed-bolt WE rifles.
If you decide to go with a WE, please DO NOT UPGRADE internals, other than the rubber and barrel. It will last forever.

And I am not talking about 1 in a million great gun. We (our group of friends) run 5 WE rifles, from Gen1 (my M4) to Gen6 (newest BNIB open bolt). All the closed bolt have been converted to open bolt last summer. And none of them have issue except my friend's 416. He has a full RATECH trigger kit and steel bolt. The NPAS in the aluminum nozzle is based on WA/Magna system and is unstable and eats o-rings like crazy.

If you don't want to go with WE, G&P/KA/WA would be best second choice. Not, they are not reliable out of the box, but there is so many different company that makes parts, you literally cannot run out of supply.

As for age, WE was the first, then WA/G&P, then Ino/KJW, then KWA.

Last edited by Kos-Mos; April 16th, 2013 at 23:00..
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 00:20   #29
.Zo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
Remember that the first WE Openbolts where GEN5. I ran over 10k rounds in mine, and yet have to find worn parts anywhere.

This is still old rumors about the first few closed-bolt WE rifles.
If you decide to go with a WE, please DO NOT UPGRADE internals, other than the rubber and barrel. It will last forever.

And I am not talking about 1 in a million great gun. We (our group of friends) run 5 WE rifles, from Gen1 (my M4) to Gen6 (newest BNIB open bolt). All the closed bolt have been converted to open bolt last summer. And none of them have issue except my friend's 416. He has a full RATECH trigger kit and steel bolt. The NPAS in the aluminum nozzle is based on WA/Magna system and is unstable and eats o-rings like crazy.

If you don't want to go with WE, G&P/KA/WA would be best second choice. Not, they are not reliable out of the box, but there is so many different company that makes parts, you literally cannot run out of supply.

As for age, WE was the first, then WA/G&P, then Ino/KJW, then KWA.
Are you saying they are reliable out of the box or they are not? I would buy a WE but I cant find one available in the states anywhere :s
Old April 17th, 2013, 00:47   #30
BennyBoy

Don't have personal experience with WE yet but his iss what I keep reading ...

Side A
-Replace all inner working with Ra-Tech
-Costs a lot more
-CNC parts may prove to be very reliable but concerns about hardness of different materials rubbing against each other that may cause wear to parts no upgraded
-Upgrade parts may not be to spec so may require mods and/or cause other issues

Side B
-Run it stock till it breaks then replace it with more stock parts
-Stock parts are cheap
-Gun supposedly runs smoother with stock parts and no issues with out of normal wear from material compatibilities
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion